GDT: UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
1: i said i could provide you multiple pictures.
0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

282008g.jpg

1304282153731_ORIGINAL.jpg

i could go on and one... These are symptomes of GH's.

2: Tbh beside the Gut of GPS, both of their physique are very average and could be easily obtainable naturally

You know what else does that? Abdominal breathing.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I heard carbo loading can cause a type of polumboism(sp?) And that it goes back to normal after a while. I don't think GSP uses anything.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Considering GSP left the sport partially because he was against the drug use, I would be surprised.

The whole Jones thing seems odd to me - something about the timing doesn't fit. Looking forward to some clarification about the whole thing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We know Jones isn't the smartest guy out there and he's a screw up but this seems too much even for him. The test he failed was supposedly from the sample they collected right after the weigh-in and unless there's something else out there that hasn't come out, I don't believe he failed any other pre-fight tests. So why would he take some oral steroid that close to the fight when he knows he's going to be tested for sure? Even if he was caught off guard by a random test at the weigh-in, he knew he was guaranteed to be tested the next day on fight night. There were a lot of questions surrounding his previous failed test and I still don't buy the dick pills excuse but something seems off here.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
We know Jones isn't the smartest guy out there and he's a screw up but this seems too much even for him. The test he failed was supposedly from the sample they collected right after the weigh-in and unless there's something else out there that hasn't come out, I don't believe he failed any other pre-fight tests. So why would he take some oral steroid that close to the fight when he knows he's going to be tested for sure? Even if he was caught off guard by a random test at the weigh-in, he knew he was guaranteed to be tested the next day on fight night. There were a lot of questions surrounding his previous failed test and I still don't buy the dick pills excuse but something seems off here.

This is where I'm at as well. I know there are people here well-versed in PEDs so interested what they have to say.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
1: i said i could provide you multiple pictures.
0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

282008g.jpg

1304282153731_ORIGINAL.jpg

i could go on and one... These are symptomes of GH's.

2: Tbh beside the Gut of GPS, both of their physique are very average and could be easily obtainable naturally
lol. You are using his belly to suggest GH?

You are aware its perfectly natural to get a belly like that for normal people right?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It's the only place it'll ever happen now.

It helps Vince in his negotiations with Brock for sure. :laugh:

According to Dana the fight they were trying to set up was Jones vs Stipe at UFC 218 and not Jones vs Brock anyway

Honestly i'm not sure what's the point for Brock to go back to the UFC. The man is 40 and he'd probably make more money and be better off by just re-signing as a part timer with the WWE. Guys like Reem , Stipe . Ngannou , JDS , Werdum , Cain would likely all beat him. He could face a guy like Stuve , Lewis or Rothwell or another sub top 10 guy i guess but meh. If he was 35ish years old i'd say go for it but at 40...not sure

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Yes, GSP, the man who was VOLUNTARILY paying out of his own pocket for VADA testing was doping.. Makes sense

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Considering GSP left the sport partially because he was against the drug use, I would be surprised.

The whole Jones thing seems odd to me - something about the timing doesn't fit. Looking forward to some clarification about the whole thing.

Timing is everything actually.

His only angle now is to say he was "Set up" and that it does not make sense to have passed one test and failed another in such a short window. "Someone dosed him between tests as it makes no sense to take an oral Steroid after the first test as it only helps during training"

This is to get a story out to the media and the common folk who do not understand PED's.

The same way Hendricks continually hedged on VADA, and now legions of idiots believe the story that GSP was ducking Hendricks testing. When in fact, the day after Hendricks said that GSP agreed to do BOTH forms of testing if Hendricks would too and hendricks declined. That gets lost in the zillion articles though except for by diligent truthseekers. It is just Jones camp trying to place a seed of doubt to the common fans who do not understand the situation to salvage whatever they can of this mess.

But to the commission and USADA testers it makes perfect sense if his masking agents failed.

Masking agents have a very short window of detection. But timing is everything and using them at the right time will both mask the Steroid and for slightly longer than the half life of the masking agent.

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Timing is everything actually.

His only angle now is to say he was "Set up" and that it does not make sense to have passed one test and failed another in such a short window. "Someone dosed him between tests as it makes no sense to take an oral Steroid after the first test as it only helps during training"

This is to get a story out to the media and the common folk who do not understand PED's.

But to the commission and USADA testers it makes perfect sense if his masking agents failed.

Masking agents have a very short window of detection. But timing is everything and using them at the right time will both mask the Steroid and for slightly longer than the half life of the masking agent.

Well said.. If he was "dosed" or took something tainted, he's either the most unlucky man on the planet or the stupidest, your explanation makes the most sense.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Who gives a **** about GSP and whether he used PEDs? This is about Jon Jones and him being incredibly stupid. Whether other fighters in the past, present, or future have used PEDs or will use PEDs, it is irrelevant to the fact that Jones has been busted twice now for them. He's a dirtbag, simple as that. If GSP or any other fighter has used PEDs as well, it does not excuse Jones for his own actions. Guilt by association is still guilty of breaking the rules. There is no safety in numbers here. He did it. He got caught. He'll pay the price for it.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
The announcement seems weird. Not how this info usually comes out. And then dana responded saying they didn't strip him and talked about plans for him fighting Stipe...

Seems awkward.

But isnt it the same thing Mir got popped for?
It's an old drug. I can't believe he'd be taking that after already getting busted.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
As for GSP, I'm not making accusations, but a top caliber athlete doesn't look like that after a weight cut entering a fight

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The announcement seems weird. Not how this info usually comes out. And then dana responded saying they didn't strip him and talked about plans for him fighting Stipe...

Seems awkward.

But isnt it the same thing Mir got popped for?
It's an old drug. I can't believe he'd be taking that after already getting busted.

Pretty sure he said there's a process to stripping him of the belt and they're going to wait (presumably for B-samples).

From the interview, Dana just seems completely done with Jon's **** lol.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm convinced virtually all athletes in this sport have used PEDs. I'm just as skeptical of GSP being clean as most other pro athletes. I don't necessarily think people are always using, but when recovering from injuries, otherwise out of competition, etc, I think it's way more common than anyone wants to admit.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I'm convinced virtually all athletes in this sport have used PEDs. I'm just as skeptical of GSP being clean as most other pro athletes. I don't necessarily think people are always using, but when recovering from injuries, otherwise out of competition, etc, I think it's way more common than anyone wants to admit.

It's the great delusion. It's there so we can all feign outrage and wave our collective fingers at someone. Baseball is the same way. The unlucky or dumb enough to get caught are lambasted while others who are exhibiting the same late career surges and body mutations are lauded. The only thing people love more than building an image is tearing one down. You can even see it in this thread. People vehement about the usage/abstinence of another man with nothing more than pictures and the word of the man himself. Each side equally convinced of their rightness.

The saddest part of this whole thing is Jon Jones the human being. Everything about him is a contradiction and he's a confused man. One of the underlying things about his interview with Rogan that was fascinating to me is that the rationale behind his cocaine use prior to his fight was that he'd have something to fall back on if he lost. PED dependence is the same animal. The concept of losing in the cage to Jon was worse than losing everything everything else that his success brought him. He put it all on the line knowing full well that this was the last time the public would ever give him the benefit of the doubt if he messed it up again. Hell, that the UFC itself would be compromised by having him on another card if he managed to screw it up again. Nobody can defend him anymore. He can't even defend himself. He'll try. The team around him will try to reassemble the Faberge egg that has been punted into the wall four times but it's becoming more and more impossible each successive time to not just call Jon what Jon is. A man so wrought with fear of failure that he'll do almost anything to evade it. A bumbling sociopath who feels victimized by the gifts that made him a demigod. A dude that doesn't *really* feel like what he's doing is wrong but is willing to condemn his behavior for another opportunity to do it. He was flailing in that interview because it was an hour and a half of Jon Jones having to pretend that he gave a **** about right and wrong and try to get those answers past Rogan's ******** detector. It was painfully insincere to a degree that will only be matched by the next time Jon Jones tries to tearfully appeal to our collective sympathies.

I don't know if another Jon Jones fight interests me at this point. In fact, it's making it really hard for me to not tune out of this sport entirely. There are still people that want to believe him and I understand why that would be important to them. The uncomfortable truth on this issue looms larger.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
What you can expect from Jones? He drives over pregnant woman being drunk and high as **** and still makes jokes about it. Also made the jokes about Cormier's dead child, trying to get to his head. Jon Jones has really ****ed up mind. Even Conor is very good guy compared to Jones. He won't never cross the line with dead family members.

member 51464

Should there be criminal charges brought when someone fails for steroids? From the optic that your opponent presumably has agreed to fight a "normal" person and not a juiced one. Maybe I am out to lunch and you all will call me an idiot, but I think there could be some merit to that line of argumentation. Having a belt stripped is one thing. Serving time is another.

If it increases your performance when the "job" is to hurt the other, cheating in this manner is extra ****ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00