TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
On another team where he doesn't have to be the guy, he just becomes another 4.5 million dollar sniper. That's what he is when he's on his game.

Now, his contract is expiring soon and he will make considerably more money, but for the time being, I think he would prosper on another team without the spotlight. He's a decent piece on any team but I think he's more fitted to be a complimentary player instead of "the guy". As such, I would not offer him massive dollars on the market, but someone probably will.

Leaf fans and media used to say the same thing about a multitude of players over the years. Including Beniot Hogue and Tomas Kaberle. :nod:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Thanks for posting about that article. I just went and read it. Why is it so bad that fans criticize management when they don't like the direction the team is going or the job being done by management. Sure some fans overreact but that's the case with many large fanbases and not only the Habs fanbase. Does Jack Todd expect all fans to think that everything is great and we should happy and support the team no matter what?

There seemed to be a shift in the lack of support for MB after he sat by and watched his team implode the year Price got hurt and he did absolutely nothing. Although IMO what really seemed to really turn fans from him was the day he traded Subban. That trade just ticked off a lot of Hab fans. Also keeping MT for far too long certainly didn't help gain any support back for himself.

Right
Right
and Right again

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
The Montreal Canadiens will always deserve respect from its fans . Those who feel other wise are spoiled ungrateful fans and the Montreal Canadiens are better off not having them as fans.

You've got it completely wrong buddy.

The Montreal Canadiens NEED to respect their fans. Without fans, there's no team. Without fans, there's no history.

This egoistical megalomaniac has done nothing but shown a complete lack of respect towards the fans, towards the team and towards the city.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Look I'm not happy with how things are going either no one wants to be a fan of a loosing team.. I choose to believe things will get better but others don't and I understand the frustration . Calling the people in management basically stupid and any other negative thing that can be thought of is just wrong ... Truth is I'm a fan and that's all I am just like that's all you are none of us would be qualified to be a General Manager of a NHL Franchise... You can say Bergevin isn't either if you want but he's more qualified than any of us fans .

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Look I'm not happy with how things are going either no one wants to be a fan of a loosing team.. I choose to believe things will get better but others don't and I understand the frustration . Calling the people in management basically stupid and any other negative thing that can be thought of is just wrong ... Truth is I'm a fan and that's all I am just like that's all you are none of us would be qualified to be a General Manager of a NHL Franchise... You can say Bergevin isn't either if you want but he's more qualified than any of us fans .

You can be qualified for a doctor but if your method of therapy is using leeches, then I'm not going to praise or see that doctor.

Having qualifications for something doesn't make said person good at it. Bergevin has proved his ineptitude. If you were a "good fan" you would want him gone and a competent person in place.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
You can be qualified for a doctor but if your method of therapy is using leeches, then I'm not going to praise or see that doctor.

Having qualifications for something doesn't make said person good at it. Bergevin has proved his ineptitude. If you were a "good fan" you would want him gone and a competent person in place.
Your not qualified to make that statement or assessment on Bergevin as only a fan . Molson is qualified and until he decides other wise Bergevin will be the General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens like it or not

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Your not qualified to make that statement or assessment on Bergevin as only a fan . Molson is qualified and until he decides other wise Bergevin will be the General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens like it or not

But we are qualified to come on here to post our opinions on what we'd like to see done and not done. If everyone came on here and said "Well, I'm not happy, but Bergevin is the Habs GM now, whether I like it or not, so I shouldn't post anything about it," it would be one boring ass place to come to.

Reactions: E82

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Pensée unique. I just came back from China, where this is very prevalent.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
But we are qualified to come on here to post our opinions on what we'd like to see done and not done. If everyone came on here and said "Well, I'm not happy, but Bergevin is the Habs GM now, whether I like it or not, so I shouldn't post anything about it," it would be one boring ass place to come to.
Your not more frustrated than me with how things are going its brutal to watch the team be so bad . I just don't see the point in dumping on Bergevin the fact is he has 5 years remaining on his contract making maybe as much as Julien four to five million per yr The fans who are expecting or wanting Molson to fire Bergevin and still have to pay him that money 20 to 25 million to do nothing are asking for a lot their asking for to much the way I see it

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Your not more frustrated than me with how things are going its brutal to watch the team be so bad . I just don't see the point in dumping on Bergevin the fact is he has 5 years remaining on his contract making maybe as much as Julien four to five million per yr The fans who are expecting or wanting Molson to fire Bergevin and still have to pay him that money 20 to 25 million to do nothing are asking for a lot their asking for to much the way I see it

That's fine if you see it that way. It's also fine if others want him gone regardless of what's left on his contract.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis

What are you the defender of billionaire trust fund baby Molson? Who cares if Molson has to pay still? Its not your money. Besides Molson has no problem raising pricea.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Pensée unique. I just came back from China, where this is very prevalent.
I hope your not saying what's happening in China and their people is the same as what's happening with the fans of the Montreal Canadiens . If that is what your saying its just ignorant and insulting to the people of China

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
What are you the defender of billionaire trust fund baby Molson? Who cares if Molson has to pay still? Its not your money. Besides Molson has no problem raising pricea.
Why should he give away his money just because he has it ? You might have more money than most people in Montreal Why don't you give all your money away to those people ? Giving away money is giving away money if your a billionaire or not

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I hope your not saying what's happening in China and their people is the same as what's happening with the fans of the Montreal Canadiens . If that is what your saying its just ignorant and insulting to the people of China

Chinese people, in general, don't seem that miserable TBH. Have you been there lately? You really don't understand their culture if you think 'democracy' is part of their lingo.

I guess you didn't understand the message I was sending you.

Are you one of those paid Habs employees, another one, on this forum? What was your previous nickname before The Switch?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Continue to appeal to authority. Earth is flat you know, it's also the center of the universe.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Why should he give away his money just because he has it ? You might have more money than most people in Montreal Why don't you give all your money away to those people ? Giving away money is giving away money if your a billionaire or not

It’s the cost of doing business, nothing more. Firing people costs money but it’s worth it. We’ve all done it.

You should let up on the No True Scotsman stuff as well - and before you take offence, I am not comparing the Habs to Scotland.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Chinese people, in general, don't seem that miserable TBH. Have you been there lately? You really don't understand their culture if you think 'democracy' is part of their lingo.

I guess you didn't understand the message I was sending you.

Are you one of those paid Habs employees, another one, on this forum? What was your previous nickname before The Switch?
No I'm not Maybe your working for them though ? My nick name ? You mean my user name there wasn't any I haven't been on here before. I guess I did misunderstood the message you were sending I'm glad I did

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
No I'm not Maybe your working for them though ? My nick name ? You mean my user name there wasn't any I haven't been on here before. I guess I did misunderstood the message you were sending I'm glad I did

Me working for the Habs. Now that is a new one. I guess you are new here. Because you haven't followed my posts.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
It’s the cost of doing business, nothing more. Firing people costs money but it’s worth it. We’ve all done it.

You should let up on the No True Scotsman stuff as well - and before you take offence, I am not comparing the Habs to Scotland.
I'm not going to bash the Montreal Canadiens everyone else can if the want to it really makes no difference to me . Just so you know in business the goal is avoid losing money Giving it away because a fan base wants someone fired doesn't make sense. Yes the Montreal Canadiens are a business if you were wondering.

Last edited:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I'm not going to bash the Montreal Canadiens everyone else can if the want to it really makes no difference to me . Just so you know in business the goal is to avoid losing money . Giving it away because a fan base wants someone fired doesn't make sense. Yes the Montreal Canadiens are a business if you were wondering.

Some times in a business you have to cut your losses. Firing people who aren’t cutting it is an expense but worth it. How many severance cheques have you issued?

Of course a business needs to make money - and sometimes you take a short term hit for long term success. I’ve never fired someone and thought I did it too early. In almost any case it should have been done earlier for the health of the business.

“I’m not going to bash” - because you are a true fan, right? I knew you would triple down on the Scotsman tack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad