TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I dare any of you to have a drink whenever Nilan says 'Listen' during his show.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The rumor thing about Bergevin's private life? Those were coming from shady sources like always though the Habs office have been great to bury down any news about their players and management over the years. Remember that darkest day in Habs history and all those party boys

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The rumor thing about Bergevin's private life? Those were coming from shady sources like always though the Habs office have been great to bury down any news about their players and management over the years. Remember that darkest day in Habs history and all those party boys

That wasn't what I was talking about.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
There is an exception to everything ... Being most qualified does matter

It depends entirely on who is deciding what "qualified" is. There's not an absolute definition as it relates to hockey, but most would have experience and success high in the list. One might also add things like creativity, temperament, business acumen, communication skills, ability to recognize and discard poor strategies, adapt and many other things.

It's also true that being qualified is no guarantee of any substantial success. It's merely a starting point, and many qualified individuals have been abject failures.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They had Galchenyuk's re-signing first, I'd say they're probably in bounds for discussion of player transactions but likely not in bounds for player's off ice stuff.

...Geez, it's TOTALLY off-ice stuff, or else it's not like I would've bothered asking if it was in-bounds.

But :
- It's something that came out from a Montréal Media about the Canadiens.
- No player is specifically targeted at this point.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Why should he give away his money just because he has it ? You might have more money than most people in Montreal Why don't you give all your money away to those people ? Giving away money is giving away money if your a billionaire or not

How much money would a legit SC contender bring in with those deep playoffs runs? More than enough to offset any losses now.

You spend money to make money.

Also Molson isn't giving away all his money. Calm down the hyperbole.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is this thread still about the media? I can't tell anymore. :laugh:

Reactions: sheed36

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
If I heard correctly...Sylvain Lefebvre is supposed to be on with Knuckles and the boys after 1400 today.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is this thread still about the media? I can't tell anymore. :laugh:

You feeling pushed out that when you complain about Campbell no one will see your post with all this OT stuff or what? :)

If I heard correctly...Sylvain Lefebvre is supposed to be on with Knuckles and the boys after 1400 today.

You heard correctly..

Last edited:
Reactions: Chili

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
How much money would a legit SC contender bring in with those deep playoffs runs? More than enough to offset any losses now.

You spend money to make money.

Also Molson isn't giving away all his money. Calm down the hyperbole.

Yeah I'm calming it down We've gotten of topic anyway I'm done sharing my opinion no worries

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You feeling pushed out that when you complain about Campbell no one will see your post with all this OT stuff or what? :)

I didn't know the thread had to be focused upon ... your favorite. Thankfully he's not at the epicenter of anything. He's so bland and inconsequential that I forgot he even existed. :wg:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

This is a classic example of bitter old sportswriter. When Vegas came in, nobody really complained that they were getting great talent. Expectations were low. Furthermore, they have played 10 games. Let’s see how this plays out.

I bet that if Vegas was 1-9, Todd would complain that Bettman scammed them and added another boring team into the mix. Then he would complain that they got a high draft pick. I don’t think most objective fans believe that the old model of giving an expansion team table scraps really works.

If you are a GM of 3 plus years and Vegas has a better team than you, you are bad at your job. If you are a sportswriter who thinks Vegas having a good start is a bad thing, you really need to recalibrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad