TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Jordie Benn was scheduled for a spot on 690 this am and he's a no show, can't be reached.

M.I.A on the radio just like on the ice. Lol. This season is almost as embarrassing as the Cammy-traded-mid-game season.

Edit: They're gonna have Panther's Jonathan Huberdeau on instead! I'm not making this up. That's character!
I`m guessing but it would not surprise me if that was decided for him.

Circle the wagons time.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Doubt it, he got paid right away here. Would of been a rougher negotiation in Tampa and probably less money.
Awesome another player who puts his pay cheque ahead of winning just what Montreal needs ..If he cared about winning he wouldn't have acted the way he did wanting a trade leaving the team saying he wasn`t being treated fairly .. Cry me a river ..

Last edited:

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
I`m guessing but it would not surprise me if that was decided for him.

Circle the wagons time.

That's what I was thinking. Odd that nobody from the team contacted the station in advance, though. Benn has a spot every Monday morning at 9:05. They said on air that they expected him but he didn't call and they weren't able to reach him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's what I was thinking. Odd that nobody from the team contacted the station in advance, though. Benn has a spot every Monday morning at 9:05. They said on air that they expected him but he didn't call and they weren't able to reach him.

That's just the type of classy organization the Montreal Canadiens are.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
How long before Pierre says 'Ì told ya' today?
Pierre McGuire is suppose to be so smart and know so much but yet he can`t find a job in the league . You want to know why ? Ill tell you the real reason if the media and his friends in the media like Mitch and Tony Won`t

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
With his play and the team play could have been a rough interview, still would have been good for someone to let them know beforehand.

The Huberdeau interview was good, the kid`s maturing on and off the ice.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
That's just the type of classy organization the Montreal Canadiens are.
Good for the Team all that group on the radio does is crap on the team they shouldn`t expect any favors ..If they want to talk to players call some leaf players since their all switched over to being Toronto fans now anyway.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Good for the Team all that group on the radio does is crap on the team they shouldn`t expect any favors ..If they want to talk to players call some leaf players since there all switched over to being Toronto fans now.

Yes, good for the team to be wildly inconsiderate to a Radio station and its listeners, who are fans of the team.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Pierre McGuire is suppose to be so smart and know so much but yet he can`t find a job in the league . You want to know why ? Ill tell you the real reason if the media and his friends in the media like Mitch and Tony Won`t
The guy knows alot of hockey stuff but like the rest of us, doesn`t know everything.

He`s best on there when he gets worked up.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Good for the Team all that group on the radio does is crap on the team they shouldn`t expect any favors ..If they want to talk to players call some leaf players since their all switched over to being Toronto fans now anyway.

The radio guys act as if they are 1-7 on the season. How dare they be negative.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Yes, good for the team to be wildly inconsiderate to a Radio station and its listeners, who are fans of the team.
The fans seriously The Montreal Canadiens loyalty is to their players first and above any fan and that's how it should be. Not some radio station and people phoning in with no more understanding of the game than the hosts of the shows do.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The fans seriously The Montreal Canadiens loyalty is to their players first and above any fan and that's how it should be. Not some radio station and people phoning in with no more understanding of the game than the hosts of the shows do.

I'm pretty sure the Montreal Canadiens are more loyal to dogs than their players.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
The radio guys act as if they are 1-7 on the season. How dare they be negative.
The group on the radio are both fake and ignorant especially the two morning shows .. Connor and his friends laughable how little they know.. Tony is just as bad if not worse

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is it the show with those stupid ads that run all day on the station where Gallo & Campbell play like they host an Oprah-style talk show and interview people whose lives have been touched by the show?

Yes, that's the one. What an ad, lol. It's rank amateurism at its best.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
He quite clearly isn't able to handle the pressure here so I don't blame him if he wants to leave.
Neither do I he`ll go help some other team win and the fans there win appreciate him .. Much like the fans in Pittsburgh do Kessel while the fans in Toronto still hate

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Loyalty is earned . Who on that radio network deserves any loyalty most of the callers complain that its cold out or its raining and some how will blame it on the Canadiens playing bad..

We're talking about players and the team.

The media should absolutely not be loyal to the team and the team should absolutely not be loyal to the media. The whole point of having independent media is to be critical.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Looks like no one else was listening to that Doug Gilmour in studio interview. :) It was a very good listen and if it gets put up on the TSN690 website it's worth a listen IMO.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
A regular session like Benn’s isn’t just done through the normal channels. There is a sponsor, an agreement in place, and compensation. The team likely okays the entire arrangement it in advance but it’s not like each weekly segment requires team approval or co-operation.

Benn most likely forgot or was on the ice. Last year Gallagher sometimes did them early if he was going to be travelling/on ice/in meetings.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
We're talking about players and the team.

The media should absolutely not be loyal to the team and the team should absolutely not be loyal to the media. The whole point of having independent media is to be critical.
The players don`t owe the fans media anything your dreaming a deep dream if you believe they do

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Looks like no one else was listening to that Doug Gilmour in studio interview. :) It was a very good listen and if it gets put up on the TSN690 website it's worth a listen IMO.
Who cares about Doug Gilmour he played 4 half seasons for the leafs . All time great leaf
I was a fan of Gilmour as a player just consider him more of a Calgary Flame

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad