TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Are those Carlos and Pepe commercials on TSN690 purposely parodying Mexicans or are they legitimately like that?

Those ads are so annoying, they make me want to avoid the place. The old ones weren't the best, I kept trying to understand what word they were using to describe their chihuahua that they wanted us to meet, but they weren't as off-putting as the new one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh God, does Tsalikas ever like to talk a lot.

Mostly empty verbiage punctuated by extremely arcane coined expressions like "let's talk puck" and "coming to you from the MTL".

It gets weird whenever they run radio spots for his real job as a real estate agent. Last time I had checked, several months ago, he had 4 listings. Now he has 5.

Those ads are really working for you, Simon. Maybe you should run them at warp 9 speed, so they sound even more empty, like when you shoot off your motormouth during your show.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Oh God, does Tsalikas ever like to talk a lot.

Ugh is this guy still on there?? I can't listen to him, especially when he's flanked by Marinaro and Knuckles. Those three on air at the same time makes me want to pull a Zack Kassian in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.

I usually stay clear of Habs lunch and just listen to the other guys like Melnyk, McKenna, Lemay etc.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Decent discussion with Marc Denis. Talks about pressures playing in Montreal, specifically the media pressure. Says the media can really wear players down. Cites some players, like Vlasic, who may prefer less intrusive environments. It's a catch-22 where when things are great in Montreal, it's awesome. When not, watch out. They also touched on the Galchenyuk story and basically echo'd that at stage 1, this is confidential and isn't shared with anyone, including the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad