TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The players don`t owe the fans media anything your dreaming a deep dream if you believe they do

Man, either I'm misreading something, or you've swapped who does or doesn't owe loyalty to whom more times than I can count. The team, media, fans, players. Who owes loyalty to whom?

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Man, either I'm misreading something, or you've swapped who does or doesn't owe loyalty to whom more times than I can count. The team, media, fans, players. Who owes loyalty to whom?
The Team owes its loyalty to it' players when its deserved . Some players don't deserve that loyalty .. They defiantly do not owe loyalty to any form of media

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Who cares about Doug Gilmour he played 4 half seasons for the leafs . All time great leaf
I was a fan of Gilmour as a player just consider him more of a Calgary Flame

He played a season for the Habs too and apparently based on how you've been acting in this thread that's all that is required for him to be a god and the greatest human who has ever lived.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Awesome I'm glad he'll be able to help SOMEBODY.
I'm sure the new team will be very happy with Pacioretty It'll be great for everyone involved Habs fans wont have to watch him play The new fans get a player that improves their team . Pacioretty gets away from this mess and most likely has a better chance to win

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
He played a season for the Habs too and apparently based on how you've been acting in this thread that's all that is required for him to be a god and the greatest human who has ever lived.
Great Gilmour is an ass then is that better ...... I don't believe that I think Gilmour is a good guy from what I know of him seems to be .. If you believe I'm a jerk or an idiot for not agreeing on things I guess that's ok for you to think . Your wrong though

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sure the new team will be very happy with Pacioretty It'll be great for everyone involved Habs fans wont have to watch him play The new fans get a player that improves their team . Pacioretty gets away from this mess and most likely has a better chance to win

On another team where he doesn't have to be the guy, he just becomes another 4.5 million dollar sniper. That's what he is when he's on his game.

Now, his contract is expiring soon and he will make considerably more money, but for the time being, I think he would prosper on another team without the spotlight. He's a decent piece on any team but I think he's more fitted to be a complimentary player instead of "the guy". As such, I would not offer him massive dollars on the market, but someone probably will.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
On another team where he doesn't have to be the guy, he just becomes another 4.5 million dollar sniper. That's what he is when he's on his game.

Now, his contract is expiring soon and he will make considerably more money, but for the time being, I think he would prosper on another team without the spotlight. He's a decent piece on any team but I think he's more fitted to be a complimentary player instead of "the guy". As such, I would not offer him massive dollars on the market, but someone probably will.
Some team likely will pay him 7 000 000 + per especially if he hits 30+ goals again this season

Is he the leader of a team ? Maybe he is better not having to deal with that pressure but most players are

Last edited:

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Was station surfing Saturday afternoon and happened on a brutal show hosted by Campbell and Gallo. I listened for well over half an hour and at no time did they discuss the Habs' skid. It was lame trivia, bad jokes and platitudes of an infantile level. How are these guys even on air is beyond understanding. I'd rather listen to HF posters on rotation, having their own show in that time slot -- they'd do a far better job.

They're all over the station now. These young guys all suck. They talk like we're supposed to personally care about them? Like Tsalikis and his dumb skits where he gives us his thoughts on stuff in 5 questions that has nothing to do with sports. Or Mckenna and his constant food talk. The guy doesnt like ketchup or relish ffs.If Nilan talks about himself ok I get it..he has interesting stories as a pro hockey player that gives insight into what it was like to play and be on the Habs. But these other guys....Campbell, tsaliki, gallo and coleman....mckenna....I dont know man.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Loyalty is earned not just to be expected Montreal Canadiens Are loyal to those that deserve their loyalty

Your post is delusional. The Montreal Canadiens is not something carved in stone, it is an evolving or devolving entity dependent on the era, and is only as good or bad or loyal as those who are running it at the time.

At this particular time, the Habs are short on pretty much everything, including loyalty.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
So how should the team show its loyalty to the players that deserve it? Maybe we should ask Markov.
Markov was shown loyalty any other team would have cut him loose when suffered series knee injuries 2 consecutive seasons Montreal still resigned him despite Markov barely playing . They don't owe him what ever he wants or a life time contract .Markov tried to get smart this off season and they moved on from him as they should have .

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Your post is delusional. The Montreal Canadiens is not something carved in stone, it is an evolving or devolving entity dependent on the era, and is only as good or bad or loyal as those who are running it at the time.

At this particular time, the Habs are short on pretty much everything, including loyalty.
What ? Talk about delusional posts you need take a look at your own .

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What ? Talk about delusional posts you need take a look at your own .

Nope. And I've been around long enough to know. The Habs used to be classy and worthy of great respect.

This current version is not classy, and is not nearly as respectful or loyal to its players as you claim.

Loyalty is earned, or it is valueless.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
So how did that loyalty thing work out for Subban, Radulov and Markov?
Subban got himself traded Radulov is another selfish I cant say what on here he`s really great in Dallas though. They got sucked into hype big time and are probably already regretting signing him He deserved no loyalty . Markov was shown loyalty played the selfish game this off season and lost .

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Nope. And I've been around long enough to know. The Habs used to be classy and worthy of great respect.

This current version is not classy, and is not nearly as respectful or loyal to its players as you claim.

Loyalty is earned, or it is valueless.
If you feel that way that their not worthy of great respect any longer or their not respectful to their players .. Don't support them... Stop watching them ... Stop being a fan of the team

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
The Montreal Canadiens will always deserve respect from its fans . Those who feel other wise are spoiled ungrateful fans and the Montreal Canadiens are better off not having them as fans.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If you feel that way that their not worthy of great respect any longer or their not respectful to their players .. Don't support them... Stop watching them ... Stop being a fan of the team

I've seen a full litany of posters full of themselves claiming to the arbiters of who is or should be a fan, yourself now included. I don't cheer for the schmucks that run the team. I root for the jersey and the players that wear them.

As I said, respect and loyalty are earned, not gifted. Bergevin et thugs haven't earned anything from me.

There's plenty of lickspittles, sycophants, bootlickers and yesmen around. I choose to not be one.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I've seen a full litany of posters full of themselves claiming to the arbiters of who is or should be a fan, yourself now included. I don't cheer for the schmucks that run the team. I root for the jersey and the players that wear them.

As I said, respect and loyalty are earned, not gifted. Bergevin et thugs haven't earned anything from me.

There's plenty of lickspittles, sycophants, bootlickers and yesmen around. I choose to not be one.
Your not a fan of any team if all you do as a so called fan is dump on the Franchise .. Twisted reasoning or not . Your not a true fan of the Montreal Canadiens if you only support them in the good times . Your opinion on how the team is being run and who is in charge makes you seem like more of a hater of the team than a fan which is most likely true. If your only a fan of the team when things are good you shouldn't call yourself a fan at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad