Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Jets are very patient.

2 options actually for Trouba

1. Sit
2. Sign

Jets don't need to trade him. I swear Drouin did something similar last season and people all said let him sit... why is this any different? Cuz trouba doesn't have a contract? Who cares. He's an rfa and the jets don't have to trade him until they get what they want in return. Trouba sits... cool.... means he's an rfa and under jets control even longer. Jets have all the leverage just like Tampa did with Drouin

One notable difference with Drouin and Trouba is that Drouin was living in Florida and Trouba lives in Winnipeg. People are much more likely to believe that there's more to Trouba wanting out than just ice time. Not saying it's true, but it's an assumption people will make.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
One notable difference with Drouin and Trouba is that Drouin was living in Florida and Trouba lives in Winnipeg. People are much more likely to believe that there's more to Trouba wanting out than just ice time. Not saying it's true, but it's an assumption people will make.

Who gives a crap where he "lives". Irrelevant. Jets own his rights just like Tampa owned Drouin

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Who gives a crap where he "lives". Irrelevant. Jets own his rights just like Tampa owned Drouin

I just read two posts by you saying he wont end up with a Canadian team for family reasons so I would include you as one of those people "who gives a crap where he lives".

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Can we all just cut the ***** and admit to ourselves that he's going to Detroit?

I am obviously not a Jets/Wings fan, but unless Trouba says he will only got to Detroit, what could they offer that fits the Jets needs (LHD) that other teams couldn't beat?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Trouba has very little to no say where he is traded to. That's the bottom line. He's an rfa. Canadian teams aren't an option because you look at what they have to offer and it doesn't fit what Chevy wants.

Signs with jets and traded to wherever the jets feel offers the best deal for him. Canadian teams don't have much of what Chevy wants.

Jets don't need to trade him. I think that's the point people don't really get here.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I am obviously not a Jets/Wings fan, but unless Trouba says he will only got to Detroit, what could they offer that fits the Jets needs (LHD) that other teams couldn't beat?

Cheveldayoff wanted DDK when he was a college free agent 4 years ago, Don't know if he would still be interested just signed that 6 year $30 million contract. Other then him just don't know who else Detroit could do just saying.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
So far outside of Arizona the teams rumored to be interested are US based eastern teams.

Canadian teams aren't an option here. It's not about Winnipeg... its about Canada and it's about his parents wanting him in a US market

Keep hearing potential rumors of him wanting to be close to home near Detroit as possible, Just curious if he could have a potential family situation brewing where he needs to be close to home and it just hasn't came out yet.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
A 1st is probably too much, especially from a rebuilding Leaf team, but a third is no where near enough.

Not sure there's a fit. Adds like Nylander, Marner, etc are too much, but there isn't much else in the Leafs cupboard of interest IMO.
This is the most likely offer, That i could see Toronto offering for Jacob Trouba.

Gardiner, Brown, and a 3rd for Trouba and a 2nd?

Jets are very patient.

2 options actually for Trouba

1. Sit
2. Sign

Doesn't make sense to have such a valuable asset to sit around and lose value and not play. It would be in Winnipeg's best interest to make a move. If they don't, that's fine, but they will be missing out on maximizing his value.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

Really, Trouba does not live here during the summer anyways and realistically he is away from the city as much as he is here during the season. Winnipeg is not high on players trade list because we are not perceived to be a team to make the payoffs and take a run at the cup. if Winnipeg starts to challenge for the cup, the players will sign here.

And yes he wants to be traded; however, I suspect he will not get his wish to be traded since the Jets will not get their price.

I suspect that the offers will likely get better the closer we get to December 1 and if a deal is not made then well we will see trouba either sign or sit out a year. It is his choice and I suspect the jet's offer will now be lower then it would have been due to the way Trouba's camp went about the negotiation.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It also should be noted that Drouin hadn't really proven a lot. Sure he had the potential but without him proving anything his value was low as hell. People know what they're getting with Trouba. At least if Winnipeg trades him they will get value which almost as good as Trouba. With Yzerman/Drouin he wasn't going to get ceiling value for Drouin. He was simply known as a top 5 pick that hadn't yet lived up to expectations who demanded a trade at 20 years of age.

Lion15

Apr 18, 2015
Kawartha Lakes

Doesn't make sense to have such a valuable asset to sit around and lose value and not play. It would be in Winnipeg's best interest to make a move. If they don't, that's fine, but they will be missing out on maximizing his value.

I saw this earlier and think this a pretty reasonable trade on both sides.

Gardiner as mentioned previously is a decent starting point for the trade.

Brown would be best suited in the middle 6, but a sticking point might be the Matthias signing in the off-season for two years around 2M. Laine and Wheeler are clearly miles ahead on the depth chart at RW.

http://www.rosterresource.com/nhl-winnipeg-jets/

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

The Jets will not lose value and it costs them nothing to have him sit. Sure, they may have issues on the blue line which may force the jets hand; however, a good start by the jets will reduce the feeling that the jets must trade him.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Winnipeg has no leverage over other teams. Nobody else is going into the season with a hole in their lineup.

I can think of a team which lacks a top 2 defenseman, a top 4 defenseman and two top line forwards, as well as a top 6 LW and possibly a RW too. But I guess teams like the one I'm referring to are completely fine.

Deleted member 218451

Trouba has very little to no say where he is traded to. That's the bottom line. He's an rfa. Canadian teams aren't an option because you look at what they have to offer and it doesn't fit what Chevy wants.

Signs with jets and traded to wherever the jets feel offers the best deal for him. Canadian teams don't have much of what Chevy wants.

Jets don't need to trade him. I think that's the point people don't really get here.

I wouldn't agree 100% with that. First thing any team trading for him is find out what term and dollars he's looking for. Say for instance Jets say we have a trade in place to Edm/Tor/etc., agent talks to their GM says we won't sign there, essentially lets him picks were he wants to go. Now, this leverage goes away the closer Dec 1st comes, then chevy has the leverage.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Jets will not lose value and it costs them nothing to have him sit. Sure, they may have issues on the blue line which may force the jets hand; however, a good start by the jets will reduce the feeling that the jets must trade him.

It costs them the loss of a valuable player. Whether that player is Trouba or the slightly less valuable asset they get in return for Trouba.

This notion of the Jet's have nothing to lose by having him sit is bull. Their team is worse. that's something to lose.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge

Would you take offer for Rielly? Leaf fans need to look at what they would trade Rielly for and use that as a basis for their Trouba offers. Because some of these Leaf fan offer are brutally one sided.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

What would force their hand?
The Jets aren't contenders this year so if the back end has a hole that can be filled with a rookie to give him experience than all the better.
Have Trouba sit for a year which will pause his RFA years is a great scenario for a team looking to compete a couple years down the line.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
It costs them the loss of a valuable player. Whether that player is Trouba or the slightly less valuable asset they get in return for Trouba.

This notion of the Jet's have nothing to lose by having him sit is bull. Their team is worse. that's something to lose.

The team is worse this year and better in the future with the extra year RFA when they will need him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The team is worse this year and better in the future with the extra year RFA when they will need him.

So you mean he will sit out an entire year? You cant honestly think having Trouba not play NHL hockey for an entire year and deciding to go through this situation again next summer is better for the team's future than trading him now.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Would you take offer for Rielly? Leaf fans need to look at what they would trade Rielly for and use that as a basis for their Trouba offers. Because some of these Leaf fan offer are brutally one sided.

Reilly is our top pairing LD who is not demanding a trade. If he was our 3rd pairing LD right now and Gardiner was on Winnipeg and was a RD of which we needed, then I'd probably think about it... but it's hard to compare situations.

Trying not to wear my Leafs goggles, Gardiner is basically exactly what they want and tacking Brown on makes it a great offer. I don't even want to give up Gardiner but we definitely need a young RD like Trouba.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wouldn't agree 100% with that. First thing any team trading for him is find out what term and dollars he's looking for. Say for instance Jets say we have a trade in place to Edm/Tor/etc., agent talks to their GM says we won't sign there, essentially lets him picks were he wants to go. Now, this leverage goes away the closer Dec 1st comes, then chevy has the leverage.

It works both ways. Trouba sits and starts missing pay cheques and starts to realize that he needs to play. Chevy holds out for his required trade value and teams that are interested squeeze a better deal out of Trouba as he gets more desperate. The cheaper the deal, the more value Trouba has to an acquiring team, and therefore to Chevy. That's why Chevy will be willing to sit and wait. Once Trouba becomes more desperate his contract demands will come down and his trade value goes up.

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
What would force their hand?
The Jets aren't contenders this year so if the back end has a hole that can be filled with a rookie to give him experience than all the better.
Have Trouba sit for a year which will pause his RFA years is a great scenario for a team looking to compete a couple years down the line.

I think with Trouba the jets are a bubble team. Without him (or a similar asset in a trade), I think they have little chance of making the playoffs. So people saying that WPG has nothing to lose by making him sit for a year are acting like a playoff spot means nothing unless you are a cup contender. 8th seed teams have made deep runs in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA