Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How do you figure that Fowler doesn't fit Chevy's demands. Fowler is 24 years old a top 4 LHD offensive D-man Fowler easily fits into what Chevy would want even more so then say Krug or even Gardiner would.

Makes sense to me, too. When did Fowler become poop? And Krug this defending maelstrom. Even B's fans have complained about his shortcomings defensively and some describe him as a 4/5/PP guy.

As for Trouba, since when was he all that? What is this, 2014? I don't get how he is this can't miss top 2 Dman. Right now, he is a top 4 Dman on a bad team who has an attitude problem.

If the Jets are going to limit themselves to a return of a LHD of similar age and ability, they are going to be waiting a LONG time. Young top 4 Dmen don't get traded, unless they have issues of some sort...like Trouba.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
He'll be traded with a pick for Harmonic. Book it. Makes too much sense, Harmonic wants back to western Canada and Trouba wants out.

But would I love to have him in Ottawa.

Ceci + for Trouba would be amazing. the + obviously would be stumbling block but Trouba is too good.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
2 years to UFA

Either you pick someone as good as Fowler but with that kind of contract,

or you pick an unproven player with years of control.

You won't find someone as good as Trouba with as many years of control as Trouba

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The questions with Trouba:

1. How much money does he really want? Are the demands exaggerated because he wants out of Winnipeg?

2. Where does he want to play? I know he has no control of where he is traded but will he leave a Canadian team for the US?

3. If true, what teams offer him an immediate top 4/2 RHD spot and can take the salary? Plus the assets to acquire him?

1) Unknown, but we now know there was zero demands made by Trouba's camp. They weren't even interested in talking any deal, so no money was discussed. Clearly he just wants out of the Peg.

2) Just speculation floating around, but some speculation he was to play on a US team.

3) Unknown

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He'll be traded with a pick for Harmonic. Book it. Makes too much sense, Harmonic wants back to western Canada and Trouba wants out.

But would I love to have him in Ottawa.

Ceci + for Trouba would be amazing. the + obviously would be stumbling block but Trouba is too good.

Hamonic rescinded his trade request and besides Trouba will at least want about $1.5 million more then what Hamonic is currently making now and is on a team friendly deal. And according to Staples he said that Snow wont do a Hamonic for Trouba swap because Trouba more then likely wants way to much more then what Hamonic is making now.

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
There's two tiers of possible returns:

1) a one-for-one deal for a young top-pairing LHD, e.g. Lindholm, Reilly, etc.
2) a young second-pairing LHD with an add, e.g. Gardiner, Fowler, Klefbom

Nurse and Chychrun are not even in that second tier. Nurse is horrible. Chychrun is years away from contributing in even a bottom-pairing role. Obviously, the first type of return is unlikely, but if Chevy can't even get the second, where the LHD is ready to step into a second-pairing role immediately, he should be fired. A GM can't swap a 22 year old top-pairing defenseman for anything that doesn't come close to replacing him both now and in the future and expect to keep his job. The add can only balance out a small downgrade, not a massive downgrade (Nurse) or substantial risk and delay (Chychrun).

The thing you are forgetting here is that a player's value is determined by both skill AND contract. Oilers trading Klefbom for Trouba is pretty much a lateral move, although I could perhaps be persuaded Trouba is a slight upgrade. But when you consider Klefbom is on an amazing contract (4.17m AAV for SEVEN more years), you have the add on the wrong side. Klefbom at 4.1m > Trouba at 5.5-6m AAV.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
that's better than 0 years as a RFA.

All indications are that several teams are trying to acquire Trouba. Whilst I do not expect Chevy's demands to be met per say (Bob McKenzie rated comparable D as Lindholm, Morgan Reilly types) he will be patient and get the best return possible.

My thinking is the Jets might sign someone short term (for example Seidenberg) while waiting for the right deal to come along.

There is also the possibility of trading a forward or 2 for another Dman and then getting the best young talented player possible for Trouba.

Besides, cant imagine Trouba sitting at home for 2 years not playing just so he can a) not be in Winnipeg and b) be more high profile on the team so he can maximize earnings.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Neutral fan, so I have no stake in it, but does Trouba for Lindholm make sense for either side? I feel like Lindholm is the better player, so the Jets might have to add a bit, but does the base make sense?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Neutral fan, so I have no stake in it, but does Trouba for Lindholm make sense for either side? I feel like Lindholm is the better player, so the Jets might have to add a bit, but does the base make sense?

No it doesn't. It's been stated that the Ducks will not trade Lindholm to the Jets.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You've mentioned this a couple times, I was wondering of who you were thinking of and what kind of acquisition cost?

On my cell I can't look them all up even if I had people in mind. But possible examples:

- Teams looking to shed salary at LHD or someone who can play either side.

- Teams who have a player who through TC prove it's time to move up or make the team who push out an older player.

- Teams with extra depth and can play either side.

- Teams who want to covert a D into expansion exempt assets.

- Teams looking to make a hockey trade fill another hole and want one of our prospects.

Just some examples.

MikeRahl

Feb 20, 2010
No it doesn't. It's been stated that the Ducks will not trade Lindholm to the Jets.

How long can Lindholm sit unsigned until the Ducks have a similar situation?

Are they working on term? Overall dollars?

Is there any indication that Lindholm could sit out this year and play in Sweden?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
All indications are that several teams are trying to acquire Trouba. Whilst I do not expect Chevy's demands to be met per say (Bob McKenzie rated comparable D as Lindholm, Morgan Reilly types) he will be patient and get the best return possible.

My thinking is the Jets might sign someone short term (for example Seidenberg) while waiting for the right deal to come along.

There is also the possibility of trading a forward or 2 for another Dman and then getting the best young talented player possible for Trouba.

Besides, cant imagine Trouba sitting at home for 2 years not playing just so he can a) not be in Winnipeg and b) be more high profile on the team so he can maximize earnings.

Agreed

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How long can Lindholm sit unsigned until the Ducks have a similar situation?

Are they working on term? Overall dollars?

Is there any indication that Lindholm could sit out this year and play in Sweden?

All indications is Lindholm loves being in Anaheim and wants to stay here. He's looking for something around 6-6.5 million, while the Ducks are looking at 5-5.5 million. So there's a gap, but it's not a huge gap thankfully.

There would be no reason for us to go after Trouba if Lindholm is the ask.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Probably the Flyers

Yup would definitely put the Flyers at the top of that list.

The problem is, Philly has no one equal to Trouba in contract.

MDZ....1 year left on contract then a UFA
Streit...not worth enough
Ghost....not getting traded because he can play both sides.
Provy....could be a #1....on a ELC
Sanheim....could be a top pairing....on a ELC...will start in AHL
Morin...on an ELC....will start in AHL
Hagg....on an ELC...not enough upside
Myers....RHD
Friedman....RHD

People have talked about Sanheim....with either MDZ of Streit added as well. MDZ is too good to be added without something more coming back. He will be on the Foyers top pair this year. Streit makes sense from a cap POV and essentially is there for 1 year until Sanheim replaces him.

But it comes down to that Philly is not ready to push for a "win now" move because they have many more holes. Trading Sanheim in a deal for Trouba would help this year, but not next year when the team as a whole should be better and having Sanheim on his ELC is more valuable.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

It only makes sense for Winnipeg who's getting the much better D-man in return. How does it benefit Anaheim losing Lindholm for Trouba other then Trouba would be much cheaper to sign then Lindholm more then likely but Anaheim downgrades and i think that Anaheim is pretty well set on the right side any ways. Trouba for Lindholm is really bad for Anaheim and i seriously doubt that BM would ever move his best D-man to another Western Conference team any ways if BM wasn't willing to move Andersen out west what makes you think he would move Lindholm out west.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
All indications is Lindholm loves being in Anaheim and wants to stay here. He's looking for something around 6-6.5 million, while the Ducks are looking at 5-5.5 million. So there's a gap, but it's not a huge gap thankfully.

There would be no reason for us to go after Trouba if Lindholm is the ask.

Lindholm is also significantly better than Trouba. So the Jets would need to add, which their fans seem to think is utter madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad