Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Yeah, that goal counting was terrible. Goalie was run over by a guy who was cross-checked into him by the guy who scored the goal. Pretty easy no-goal for me.

It's so frustrating because there was that TB goal in game 5 that was called back because Duclair tried to win a rebound with his skate and they reversed it, which IMO was an extremely nitpicky interpretation and that goal should have counted. Fast forward to yesterday and they refuse to reverse a call where the goalie was clearly barrelled over. There's just no consistency. Let the nitpicky skate touched the crease goal stand and disallow this obvious barreling into the goalie goal. So simple. Why does the NHL keep everyone guessing? Can never know what they'll decide. No consistency.
If the rest of my post had been quoted. You could see that I think “cross check” is a little strong of a word for what was done lol.
Not looking for hab fan on hab fan violence here just clarifying were I stand

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I heard one analyst say that "Swayman could not have made the save" I agree, but had Coyle not been knocked out of the play it was just as likely he COULD have cleared that puck.

The NHL and its rationalizations are baffling to me, no real logic and zero consistency. I do not want to say there is bias, but to believe the pronouncements bends credulity oft times.
The only thing I can think of is Coyle had positioned himself in the blue paint without any help, well before Bennett ever touched him, and the puck was in before he even started to fall on Swayman, but the on ice officials called it a good goal on the ice, and they hate reversing calls like this unless it's clearly egregious, as soon as they took a bit on the review, I thought it would be upheld at the time as a good goal for those reasons.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Panthers are clearly outplaying the Bruins. But it's baffling such a heavily scrutinized series has so many brutal calls even with the league looking at some of them.

Someone should make a gofundme for Monty to show a little spine in his post game presser. Jesus. Way to stand up for the boys man.
Outside of the Bennett goal, what was the bad call last night? Edit: Interfering with OEL as he tried to gain the zone without the puck? Bruins got two powerplays from similar type plays by Ekblad. The first led to Pasta's PP goal and the 2nd gave the bruins a chance to tie it late. Either all 3 are bad calls or all 3 are good calls. You tell me which way you want it.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Outside of the Bennett goal, what was the bad call last night. The forearm to the face of OEL as he tried to gain the zone without the puck? Bruins got two powerplays from similar type plays by Ekblad. The first led to Pasta's PP goal and the 2nd gave the bruins a chance to tie it late. Either all 3 are bad calls or all 3 are good calls. You tell me which way you want it.

Cannot be serious.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Outside of the Bennett goal, what was the bad call last night? The forearm to the face of OEL as he tried to gain the zone without the puck? Bruins got two powerplays from similar type plays by Ekblad. The first led to Pasta's PP goal and the 2nd gave the bruins a chance to tie it late. Either all 3 are bad calls or all 3 are good calls. You tell me which way you want it.

Forearm to the face?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Forearm to the face?

ok. so no forearm to the face upon replay, but he's still interfering with OEL. It was a light call regardless of forearm or not. But those same light calls were being made in Boston's favor. Show me what Ekblad did wrong on either of his penalties that were any worse than that play.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The problem is calling it a forearm to the face.
ok, so it's not a forearm to the face. It is still a penalty based on how it was called last night. Bruins got two powerplays the same way. One of them also led to a goal. They are either all penalties or they are all not penalties. Don't complain about that call when you benefitted from a similar one.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
There he is. Thanks for that last boost the Panthers needed to get to the next round and eventually the Cup Final.

Panthers were getting passed Boston we all knew that. Cup final? I would be stunned to say the least. Guess that would depend if Bennett is allowed to concuss Fox and who knows who else without even a penalty like he has done for the past several series.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
There is no argument to be made anymore with the last angle coming out, he clearly punches him.

I felt that he may have to fight regardless of his left hand injury, but Boston didn't seem all that interested anyways.

Unfortunate play, you never wish an injury like that on anyone, even Marchand, concussions are serious injuries for anyone let alone high class athletes.

Also doesn't mean Marchand is a saint, but I don't really feel Bs fans are even arguing that point.

Boston challenged Bennett at least five times....

Reactions: BB79

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Both league spotters and the Bruins medical staff should have to answer how he played two full periods afterwards.

If thats when it happened

I would agree with this. After the Bennett punch he was clearly dazed. Could barely stand. Then told them he was ok. After the stenlund hit he didn’t look wobbly at all, but damage was already done and that could not have helped.

Piss poor of the medical staff let him talk them into going back out there.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Outside of the Bennett goal, what was the bad call last night? Edit: Interfering with OEL as he tried to gain the zone without the puck? Bruins got two powerplays from similar type plays by Ekblad. The first led to Pasta's PP goal and the 2nd gave the bruins a chance to tie it late. Either all 3 are bad calls or all 3 are good calls. You tell me which way you want it.
- I'm pretty sure OEL's own stick hit him in the face on that call?

Panthers and Bruins have both been running interference preventing guys to forecheck on the D. Same with every team in the league. Some are pretty blatant, others seem more within the rules to me. That second call for the Bruins came with like 40 seconds left.

Obviously the Bennett call was horrible, especially after the league looked at it. Then to get a delay of game penalty is an extra slap in the face. I guess Coyle should have flopped onto Swayman?

If you're gonna scrutinize the series, at least read your own rule book. It sucked the life out of the game

Reactions: BTO

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
- I'm pretty sure OEL's own stick hit him in the face on that call?
It's still interference...

Panthers and Bruins have both been running interference preventing guys to forecheck on the D. Same with every team in the league. Some are pretty blatant, others seem more within the rules to me. That second call for the Bruins came with like 40 seconds left.
And they have been calling it tight ALL series. Bruins got two of these last night, one of which resulted in the Pasta goal. It is hypocritical as hell to complain about the OEL call when you got two of your own.

Sure looks like PP opportunities are driving that difference in the graph

Carry the puck more than 30ish% of the time...

Reactions: stampedingviking

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Button with another incredibly hot take.

I am far from a Bruins fan but that's an awful call. The determination should not be made about some imagined future as to whether or not Swayman would make the save. His ability to try and make a save was obviously impeded by Bennett's shoving Coyle.

It's good to be Sam Bennett I guess. Getting away with a suckerpunch (though it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate guy) and goaltender interference on a crucial goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad