Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
1) Lindholm, Rielly, Murray, Maata- Not happening
2) Gardiner, **Brodin**, Fowler, **Scandella**, DDK, Beaulieu, Klefbom... That's just off the top of my head so I'm sure there's a couple more but the list isn't exactly huge.

Only on 4 mil contract.

Plus Trouba has Dumba in the 3rd pairing that needs minutes. He would play maybe 18-19minutes a game in wild.

(Overhardt and Fletcher also have history...)

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Only on 4 mil contract.

Plus Trouba has Dumba in the 3rd pairing that needs minutes. He would play maybe 18-19minutes a game in wild.

(Overhardt and Fletcher also have history...)

That's kinda exactly what I was talking about in the body of that paragraph. Even listing every d-man of the right age and quality without taking into account team and contract situation its not a long list. Use those as filters to pare down and the pickings are slim.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
On my cell I can't look them all up even if I had people in mind. But possible examples:

- Teams looking to shed salary at LHD or someone who can play either side.

- Teams who have a player who through TC prove it's time to move up or make the team who push out an older player.

- Teams with extra depth and can play either side.

- Teams who want to covert a D into expansion exempt assets.

- Teams looking to make a hockey trade fill another hole and want one of our prospects.

Just some examples.

Those are vague hypothetical scenarios, not examples of players that satisfy each of

Legitimate veteran top-4 dman
+
Signed 2 years at a reasonable amount
+
available
+
cheap to acquire.

Satisfying 1, 2, and 3 is hard enough. 4 is flat out unlikely, Unless you're thinking like a Seidenberg or Hunwick "top-4"

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Winnipeg has no leverage so they have to lose value somewhere. If the choice is between the quality of the player or the quality of the contract, I think they will pick the quality of the player.

I think you got mixed up and meant to say Winnipeg has ALL the leverage, it's Trouba who has zero leverage.

Nov 24, 2006
I think you got mixed up and meant to say Winnipeg has ALL the leverage, it's Trouba who has zero leverage.

Right???

I don't understand this meme about a restricted free agent having all the leverage. He played his cards - not signing a contract, and a public trade request. There is no other leverage.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Those are vague hypothetical scenarios, not examples of players that satisfy each of

Legitimate veteran top-4 dman
+
Signed 2 years at a reasonable amount
+
available
+
cheap to acquire.

Satisfying 1, 2, and 3 is hard enough. 4 is flat out unlikely, Unless you're thinking like a Seidenberg or Hunwick "top-4"

For the other team:

+ space under the cap to pay extra dollars right now.

+ Need for top4 20min a game RHD.

+ Need to rebalance 3 LHDs 1 RHD -> 2+2

+ Most likely not in the central division.

----

If you put all of those together, there are not many teams in a league that tick every single box in the list.

Either this takes a long time, or Trouba goes for an older player with larger contract. Think CHI Hammer for Trouba.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Scratch that. Hammer gets 4 mil only. Now that s a bargain basement contract right there...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Chevy has no leverage IF he feels forced to move Trouba before Dec 1. I don't think he does. There was talk on the radio this morning that if he sits out, the Jets would even protect him in the expansion draft. Sitting out hurts Trouba the most right now.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
The kid clearly wants nothing to do with the city of Winnipeg. Probably cried himself to sleep on draft night.

Gardiner + 3rd round pick.

Get it done, Lou.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Is Colorado really a fit? I can't see him ahead of Johnson or Barrie on the depth chart on the right side.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is Colorado really a fit? I can't see him ahead of Johnson or Barrie on the depth chart on the right side.

The only thing that makes sense for Colorado is EJ for Trouba. this doesn't make sense for Winnipeg though. I don't think there's any chance he ends up in Colorado.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets are very patient.

2 options actually for Trouba

1. Sit
2. Sign

Jets don't need to trade him. I swear Drouin did something similar last season and people all said let him sit... why is this any different? Cuz trouba doesn't have a contract? Who cares. He's an rfa and the jets don't have to trade him until they get what they want in return. Trouba sits... cool.... means he's an rfa and under jets control even longer. Jets have all the leverage just like Tampa did with Drouin

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
LOL if you expect Gards and a 1st.

A 1st is probably too much, especially from a rebuilding Leaf team, but a third is no where near enough.

Not sure there's a fit. Adds like Nylander, Marner, etc are too much, but there isn't much else in the Leafs cupboard of interest IMO.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
So far outside of Arizona the teams rumored to be interested are US based eastern teams.

Canadian teams aren't an option here. It's not about Winnipeg... its about Canada and it's about his parents wanting him in a US market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad