Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So here's how I understand the situation:
  • Trouba doesn't actually have to be moved, trade request or no. Winnipeg doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry, at any rate.
  • Winnipeg's only hole is a young high-quality LHD, and that's all they're willing to accept. Not the fans. The organization, per repeated statements.
I think that means that if you're offering something other than a young high-quality LHD as your centerpiece, you're SOL. If you don't have one to spare, perhaps you should consider looking into three-way options. (Just be aware that the Jackets will likely not be participating in same, as Murray and Werenski are off the table.)

If any Jets fans want to borrow my Ryan Johansen Trading FAQ and adapt it to the Trouba situation, please feel free. :D

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Good offers from the last thread:

Gardiner+Dermott based deals for Trouba

Klefbom for Trouba

MDZ+Sanheim for Trouba+Petan

Määttä+ for Trouba, not too bad

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I'll amend my original proposal.

Trouba and a 3rd in 2017 for Severson, Boucher/Quennville and 2nd in 2017.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Fowler + depres for Trouba + something.

I understand the appeal of a Lindholm / Trouba pairing, but I don't think the Ducks need two contract headaches on their hands. That could be a nightmare for a team with an internal cap.

etm124

Dec 21, 2014
Pennsylvania
I'd do Maatta for Trouba.

With the potential of these salaries coming off the books before next year, I'd could see the Pens offering him a 5-6m deal:

Kunitz
Fleury
Daley
Dupuis
Fehr

And this is assuming Pouliot has a break out year, and can solidify him self at a top 4 role. A lot of Pens fans, like myself, have been hoping for this for many seasons now. With his drastic off season change, this might be his year.

A lot of what if's, but it could be a good gamble. It really seemed like Maatta was nursing some sort of groin injury, he didn't look like he was skating really fast, or was pivoting/shifting his weight well. And this is coming from an expert beer leaguer.

Dumo - Letang
Pouliot - Trouba
Cole - Daley
Schultz

Left side looks a little suspect depending on how Pouliot turns out, and if Dumo can keep up his progress.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
  • Trouba doesn't actually have to be moved, trade request or no. Winnipeg doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry, at any rate.
  • Winnipeg's only hole is a young high-quality LHD, and that's all they're willing to accept. Not the fans. The organization, per repeated statements.
I think that means that if you're offering something other than a young high-quality LHD as your centerpiece, you're SOL. If you don't have one to spare, perhaps you should consider looking into three-way options. (Just be aware that the Jackets will likely not be participating in same, as Murray and Werenski are off the table.)

If any Jets fans want to borrow my Ryan Johansen Trading FAQ and adapt it to the Trouba situation, please feel free. :D

You are correct!

PM: I loved that work you did on RJ situation FAQ. Classic

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would love to see, from a Jets fan, a list of LHD they would trade Trouba for straight up (including the unrealistic ones like Hedman, just for completion's sake).

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015
Personally I think acquiring Trouba would be detrimental to the leafs if its going to cost the leafs Gardiner+. Moving a player who is by almost all metrics a top pairing defenseman for another defenseman who has top pairing potential just because he plays the right side is risky. Add into the fact that you're moving additional assets like kapanen + an early 2nd and it really sours the deal for me.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Personally I think acquiring Trouba would be detrimental to the leafs if its going to cost the leafs Gardiner+. Moving a player who is by almost all metrics a top pairing defenseman for another defenseman who has top pairing potential just because he plays the right side is risky. Add into the fact that you're moving additional assets like kapanen + an early 2nd and it really sours the deal for me.

Arguing that Gardiner is a top pairing defenseman but Trouba isn't a top pairing defenseman seems wrong to me.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
[*]Trouba doesn't actually have to be moved, trade request or no. Winnipeg doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry, at any rate.

If Trouba is also willing to sit indefinitely the Jets will cave and go for value at some point when faced with the prospect of wasting a high quality asset when they could bring something in that will help the team. That's not right now, but in 3 months? 6 months? They'll break if it goes that long.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Remember how all the talk was what Byfuglien would fetch? Jets did not deal Byfuglien. Why does anybody think Trouba is going to be traded? Jets don't trade you because you asked. They play in Winnipeg, FFS!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

:laugh:
The funny thing is looking back on that. It's exactly what happened. You guys got exactly what you wanted. So if a deal is to be done we will get exactly what we want or we won't make a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille