Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
They should be, this team lacks skill on the wings. I don't think Tkachev would be much help, though. He's more likely a top 6 winger in the AHL at this point.

You can't read into his KHL numbers too much.

He's leading his team in scoring and has almost double the points of the next guy behind him.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Nash is likely going to command a nice return if and when the Rangers want to deal him, lots of teams around the league looking for help up front.

I think a guy like Mike Green could add just as much if not more to the offence from the back end and could probably be had for cheaper.

We could definitely use another goal scorer but I think guys like Nash and Neal will be pricey and there really isn't much else out there. In the mean time hopefully Pulju keeps finding those spots, getting shots at the net and a few start going in, and we can squeeze the last few goals out of Cammalleri.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

He's leading his team in scoring and has almost double the points of the next guy behind him.
Looked at 2 different KHL to NHL conversion rates and based on his scoring pace in the present season he should have 51-55 points in the NHL over an 82 game season. The sample size for the current season is small, so did his conversion rate for the season prior to that and it puts him at 48-52 points over an 82 game season. Conversion tables always seem a bit iffy to me, but based on the number he has in the KHL I'd say he would leap frog every other LW prospect in the organization and I doubt any college signing would be of comparable quality.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nash is likely going to command a nice return if and when the Rangers want to deal him, lots of teams around the league looking for help up front.

I think a guy like Mike Green could add just as much if not more to the offence from the back end and could probably be had for cheaper.

We could definitely use another goal scorer but I think guys like Nash and Neal will be pricey and there really isn't much else out there. In the mean time hopefully Pulju keeps finding those spots, getting shots at the net and a few start going in, and we can squeeze the last few goals out of Cammalleri.
Vanek had similar numbers last season, same age. Vanek is certainly a more sheltered forward, but he also had a $2.6m hit that Detroit ate 50% of. Nash's $7.8m hit will certainly bring down that cost.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Vanek had similar numbers last season, same age. Vanek is certainly a more sheltered forward, but he also had a $2.6m hit that Detroit ate 50% of. Nash's $7.8m hit will certainly bring down that cost.

At the deadline cap space isn't a huge issue and Rangers can retain to make a deal more palatable. I still believe there would be multiple teams interested in Nash and we would likely have to beat an offer of a late 1st.

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017

I would definitely like to get him into our system. we need skilled forwards badly. I don't know that there's room for him right now on the big team, but for this off-season I'd look into it, or even at the end of his KHL season. cheap pro players from Europe could be very important going forward.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Looked at 2 different KHL to NHL conversion rates and based on his scoring pace in the present season he should have 51-55 points in the NHL over an 82 game season. The sample size for the current season is small, so did his conversion rate for the season prior to that and it puts him at 48-52 points over an 82 game season. Conversion tables always seem a bit iffy to me, but based on the number he has in the KHL I'd say he would leap frog every other LW prospect in the organization and I doubt any college signing would be of comparable quality.
Even if those rates worked. Is he leap frogging Maroon and Lucic? Because quite frankly that guy is probably useless unless he's in the top 6

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At the deadline cap space isn't a huge issue and Rangers can retain to make a deal more palatable. I still believe there would be multiple teams interested in Nash and we would likely have to beat an offer of a late 1st.
I don't see why Rangers are moving him. Rangers are now on a roll he is doing quite well as well.

Unless they are acquiring an impending UFA like a Neal or Maroon who they want to try re-sign.
I would definitely like to get him into our system. we need skilled forwards badly. I don't know that there's room for him right now on the big team, but for this off-season I'd look into it, or even at the end of his KHL season. cheap pro players from Europe could be very important going forward.
There is going to be no in our system with him. He's going to be like Shipachov. Either you play him in NHL or he's gone.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I don't see why Rangers are moving him. Rangers are now on a roll he is doing quite well as well.

Unless they are acquiring an impending UFA like a Neal or Maroon who they want to try re-sign.
There is going to be no in our system with him. He's going to be like Shipachov. Either you play him in NHL or he's gone.
If Cammalleri was brought in to be our 3LW then I don't see how Tkachev can't do the same. Cammalleri is not some kind of physical beast or defensive wizard. With that being said I see him leapfrogging Maroon and becoming the 1LW with McDavid-Drai. He brings a different element. His playmaking and his RH shot will help our top line and PP.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Youre wrong, he currently has a NMC. In year 3 and 4 he has to give a certain number of teams he's willing to be traded to. I think that number is 10 but could be wrong. Just going off memory.

My understanding was it was a NTC for year 3 and 4 as well .

Edit : I look it up and indeed he does have a NTC thru his whole contract . Year 3 and 4 are modified NTC . I remember reading about his deal when it was signed and this isn't what was reported . I did not mind the signing as he could be moved . I hate this signing now I know it has a NTC for the duration

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Russell contract is the reason we could lose Maroon next year if he decided to add Green/Kreider/Neal/OEL at the deadline

Or McDavid and Drai not leaving a total of 3M on the table

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Even if those rates worked. Is he leap frogging Maroon and Lucic? Because quite frankly that guy is probably useless unless he's in the top 6
I see Maroon pricing himself out of the market and I could see Tkachev working in a top 9 role, but will likely need to be gifted some PP time to get the best out of him. I basically see him as direct competition for Caggiula's role and possibly a step up on him, though the dynamics they give is a bit different. I wouldn't want to gift Tkachev a top 6 role, but it's quite conceivable he could come in and steal the role for himself, much like Maroon did.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm on board for Vladimir Tkachyov as well.

Wouldn't hurt to have another highly skilled player in the lineup. He's small but talented and the team could certainly use more finish and skill in the top 9.

Not sure why they didn't draft him in a late round when they had the opportunity.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If Cammalleri was brought in to be our 3LW then I don't see how Tkachev can't do the same. Cammalleri is not some kind of physical beast or defensive wizard. With that being said I see him leapfrogging Maroon and becoming the 1LW with McDavid-Drai. He brings a different element. His playmaking and his RH shot will help our top line and PP.
Can Tkachev even come now anyway?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If the rules haven't changed, he would need to clear waivers to join an NHL team because he wasn't on an NHL team's reserve list.

I believe his KHL contract is up this year, so there shouldn't be any problems in the offseason.
So really he is no sort of answer and we should hopefully by then not need him

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I wonder if Toronto would consider Letestu, Slepyshev and a 3rd for Bozak and Leivo...

It would clear them of significant cap allowing them to make further moves closer to the deadline. It would also give them a player with upside in Slepyshev who can still be sent to the minors. And they still get a quality special teams player in Letestu to replace Bozak, who by all accounts is also having a slow start.

Maroon - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Lucic - RNH - Leivo
Cammalleri - Drai - Strome
Caggiula - Bozak - Kassian
Khaira, Pakarinen

Depth, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad