Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So clearly the team is basically the Yotes, and we can't get everyone fired, but we can improve things by trading a bunch, so lets improve the team.

First:

To DET: Klefbom, Benning, Pakarinen and Fayne

To EDM: Green, Nyquist and a 4th 2018

Then

To VGS: Caggiula and 3rd

To EDM: Merrill

Then

To CAR: Lucic, Russell and 2018 1st

To EDM: Van Riesmdyk and Lindholm

Then

To ARI: Strome, Slepyshev, Jones and 2nd 2018 & 2019

To EDM: Stepan and Connauton

Then

To COL: Letestu, Khaira and 4th 2019

To EDM: Comeau

So then the teams looks like

Maroon - McDavid - Stepan
Nuge - Draisaitl - Nyquist
Cammalleri - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
Comeau - Malone - Kassian
Russell (Patrick)

Nurse - Larsson
Merrill - Green
Connauton - Van Riesmdyk
Simpson

Gryba and Auvitu Waivers

Talbot
Brossoit

Last edited:

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
So clearly the team is basically the Yotes, and we can't get everyone fired, but we can improve things by trading a bunch, so lets improve the team.

First:

To DET: Klefbom, Benning Pakarinen and Fayne

Then

Then

Then

Then

Russell (Patrick)

Nurse - Larsson
Merrill - Green
Connauton - Van Riesmdyk
Simpson

Gryba and Auvitu Waivers

Talbot
Brossoit

I feel like this isn’t enough, we need something more drastic.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If the Oilers miss the playoffs, I think it's a good time to ask Lucic and Russell to waive their NTC/NMC. Tell them it's better for both parties to go separate ways.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

First:

Then

Then

Then

Then

Russell (Patrick)

Nurse - Larsson
Merrill - Green
Connauton - Van Riesmdyk
Simpson

Gryba and Auvitu Waivers

Talbot
Brossoit
This is 10 different shades of horrible, normally I try to be constructive with my criticism, but this is just... wow.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I feel like this isn’t enough, we need something more drastic.
I might be crazy but has a team done 5 different trades involving 11 roster players in a single season before?

this reminds me of NHL 96 when I traded the top 12 players of the Nordiques to the Flyers, for their top 12 players.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

First:

This is so bad that not even Chia would make this trade.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Is it? I mean the team is pretty bad and needs to change, then the improve while keeping the important players. I mean isn't this what everyone wants?
If Klef+ is on the table, then OEL better be coming back. Not these middle of the pack guys.

Feb 9, 2013
So, now that Nugent-Hopkins has increased his value by playing good, is it time to trade him?

I am being a little facetious based on the normal discourse around these parts. Its usually:

A) People don't want to trade a player that is struggling because the team will not get full value - apparently all GMs are dumb and only look at a small sample size. Or...

B) A player starts to play better and people don't want him traded because he is playing better - again, because all GMs only look at a small sample size.

So which is it? Do 'we' trade Nuge now? Or, do 'we' wait and hope he starts to struggle so it will be less painful? With his contract I think it is a given that he will be traded. And I, for one, always thought of Nuge as a good player, and I think 'we' will hang onto him until at least the off-season.

According to Eklund (I know, its Eklund - but admit it, you all check his site), Montreal might be making an offer. And apparently, there are a few teams interested.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

First:

Then

Then

Then

Then

Russell (Patrick)

Nurse - Larsson
Merrill - Green
Connauton - Van Riesmdyk
Simpson

Gryba and Auvitu Waivers

Talbot
Brossoit
Congrats, you made our D worse.

You realize Jon Merill is god awful right? Even Vegas has 7 better options than to play him regularly.

Reactions: nabob

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Congrats, you made our D worse.

You realize Jon Merill is god awful right? Even Vegas has 7 better options than to play him regularly.
Didn't think Merrill was that horrible, he seems to be playing quite a bit, you could always ask for someone like McNabb instead. I don't know that the defense is actually worse, it has more offense, you get rid of Russell(his terribleness and Millstoneness), you move Klefa and Benning before the secret is out and they're probably worthless.

Plus the LHD get bumped when Sekera gets back.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So, now that Nugent-Hopkins has increased his value by playing good, is it time to trade him?

I am being a little facetious based on the normal discourse around these parts. Its usually:

A) People don't want to trade a player that is struggling because the team will not get full value - apparently all GMs are dumb and only look at a small sample size. Or...

B) A player starts to play better and people don't want him traded because he is playing better - again, because all GMs only look at a small sample size.

So which is it? Do 'we' trade Nuge now? Or, do 'we' wait and hope he starts to struggle so it will be less painful? With his contract I think it is a given that he will be traded. And I, for one, always thought of Nuge as a good player, and I think 'we' will hang onto him until at least the off-season.

According to Eklund (I know, its Eklund - but admit it, you all check his site), Montreal might be making an offer. And apparently, there are a few teams interested.

There was no likelihood of him being moved even when he was struggling. Our coach and GM come from teams who built from the middle out. Any deal for him would have to return a significant player on the back end. Montreal doesn't have anything that we'd be interested in.

f*** HF is a garbage site now. The scripts are making it unusable on mobile.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Ship off Russell and a 2nd for a prospect or something when Sekera comes back. I'd rather keep maroon on a 3 year deal around 3.5ish per than lose him because of this numb contract.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Didn't think Merrill was that horrible, he seems to be playing quite a bit, you could always ask for someone like McNabb instead. I don't know that the defense is actually worse, it has more offense, you get rid of Russell(his terribleness and Millstoneness), you move Klefa and Benning before the secret is out and they're probably worthless.

Plus the LHD get bumped when Sekera gets back.
Nothing like selling a guy who was great last year but sucks this year with the rest of the team on a long contract for an impending UFA. Just brilliant right up there with the guy who wanted to trade him for Smith and Kreider................which was probably also you.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Ship off Russell and a 2nd for a prospect or something when Sekera comes back. I'd rather keep maroon on a 3 year deal around 3.5ish per than lose him because of this numb contract.

Yeah, I think the majority of us would be perfectly happy to dump him. Too bad he has that pesky full NMC for two years...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This was posted on the main boards, I kind of like it
Draisaitl for PLD, Bjorkstrand, Johnson, 1st

If we don't want to keep Johnson we can always move him at the deadline or something for a pick+.
PLD has potential. Bjorkstrand is looking quite good right now on the right wing too.
And cause people love it, frees up a LOT of capspace next year.

I don't think I would do it, but its a pretty solid deal.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
This was posted on the main boards, I kind of like it
Draisaitl for PLD, Bjorkstrand, Johnson, 1st

If we don't want to keep Johnson we can always move him at the deadline or something for a pick+.
PLD has potential. Bjorkstrand is looking quite good right now on the right wing too.
And cause people love it, frees up a LOT of capspace next year.

I don't think I would do it, but its a pretty solid deal.
It's a lot to give up from Columbus but no chance we do it. PLD is a complete mystery box right now and Johnson is not a good enough defenseman to be coming back for Draisaitl. I like Bjorkstrand for sure, but I don't see why we trade Draisaitl to CBJ for anything less than Seth Jones.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's a lot to give up from Columbus but no chance we do it. PLD is a complete mystery box right now and Johnson is not a good enough defenseman to be coming back for Draisaitl. I like Bjorkstrand for sure, but I don't see why we trade Draisaitl to CBJ for anything less than Seth Jones.
Cause Drai is overpaid by a few million, we need to make roster improvements and have no money to do it.
This team isn't playoff caliber and we have zero room to do that if we keep RNH or Drai. One has to move.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Cause Drai is overpaid by a few million, we need to make roster improvements and have no money to do it.
This team isn't playoff caliber and we have zero room to do that if we keep RNH or Drai. One has to move.

You don't improve your team by trading away your best players who are playing at a level worth their cap hits. You toss away lesser players who are being paid too much.

Please tell me why one of them has to move?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You don't improve your team by trading away your best players who are playing at a level worth their cap hits. You toss away lesser players who are being paid too much.

Please tell me why one of them has to move?
Because this team does not have cap space to make a single roster improvement next year. PERIOD. If the cap goes up 2 mill to 77 that leaves us with 15.5 mill to sign 11 players. That includes pretty much our entire bottom 6, Maroon, backup goalie, Nurse and Benning and a #7. That is not much at all around $1.4mill a player. And that does not include the potential bonus on anyone on ELC. So say we set aside 3ish mill for that, it leaves around 1.25mill a player. This team literally cannot afford an upgrade anywhere in the lineup without moving Nuge or Drai

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This board is losing it.

You trade Draisaitl without bringing back a legit 20-something superstar for McDavid to play with and you may as well entertain trading McDavid too because he is not going to be happy and will want a trade out in a couple of years.

The team is coming down to Earth like Calgary/Colorado/Florida did. There's no vast conspiracy here, it happens to young teams all the time and it will happen to similar teams in the future. Maybe the Oilers can play their way out of it, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad