Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Mike Green would be an interesting add but once Sekera gets back the need to add another dman drops significantly IMO.

Who know's when Sekera will really be back though. It could take him another 2-3 months to really find his form and when you take into consideration other injuries to the blue line throughout the year and having another bonfire top 4 is almost a necessity. Especially one that brings a much needed element like Green would.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I hear what you're suggesting and I dont necessarily disagree. Who sits though?

Benning most likely. I mean absolute best case is the two rotate in and out with Benning eventually earning the lion's share at which point hopefully Russell sees the writing on the wall and warms up to a trade rather then spending the next 4 years in and out of the press box.

Reactions: OilDrop37

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
This might sound a bit crazy given how low scoring we are in our bottom 6, but I'd like to trade Letestu for another 4th line center who is better defensively at even strength and on the penalty kill, while completely forsaking the utility that Letestu provides on the powerplay. With the addition of Cammalleri, I think we have enough guys that we can make due without Letestu on the PP and going for a more defensive C or stronger puck possession C on the 4th line would be of more benefit to the team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You know what is crazy

Cammy-Strome-Jokinen

I probably would've liked that potential going into the year.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ahh the classic "this board is toxic, we are the superior posters" circle jerk has invaded this thread too.

Yes, it's much better to have the Chiaturd brigade tell us how much he sucks in every single thread. There are "Fire Chia" and "Chia criticism" threads where they can vent their little hate rants.
Not that he doesn't deserve some criticism, as long as it's reasonable.

In any event, I wonder where Cammalleri slots into the lineup. I'd like to see a Khaira-Strome-Cammalleri 3rd line. A little short on speed but a nice mix of grit, playmaking and one time ability.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Disagree. The D needs better outlet passing and a legit right shot option on the PP. Even with Sekera.

I agree that it's a big need but who do they take out of the lineup if they brought in Green? Benning is playing noticeably better the last 5 games or so. I'd take Russell out but I know that's not going to happen.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I would really like to see these lines once Slepy is back. Pretty darn solid roster imo

Maroon-McDavid-Strome

Lucic-Draisaitl-Slepyshev

Cammalleri-RNH-Puljujarvi

Khaira-Letestu-Kassian/Caggiula

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
I agree that it's a big need but who do they take out of the lineup if they brought in Green? Benning is playing noticeably better the last 5 games or so. I'd take Russell out but I know that's not going to happen.
Russell, Benning or whoever is struggling or hurt. Preferably Russell.
I'm talking good of the team not justifying 4x4.
You may be right though.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
I would really like to see these lines once Slepy is back. Pretty darn solid roster imo

Maroon-McDavid-Strome

Lucic-Draisaitl-Slepyshev

Cammalleri-RNH-Puljujarvi

Khaira-Letestu-Kassian/Caggiula

Me too. Strome is probably the issue there.
Nothing a RW rental couldn't fix.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
What I find interesting is we heard Chia was shopping Jokinen on Sportsnet and at first I didn't believe it only because we just signed him and it's only been a few games, but something tells me they were ready to waive him before LA came calling and said they'd give us Cammalleri for him. Just speculation on my part, but I think Chia also had a few other hooks in that could pop up out of no where like this deal. Either one of Neal, Green, Kreider (Highly unlikely now with NYR playing better), or a Dman who can run the PP. It's just been too quiet for something not to happen.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I really like the Cammalleri acquisition.

3 more players I'd target who are having underperforming years so far but who are excellent players who would help the team:

Stepan
Brett Ritchie
Hagelin

I'd target one of Dvorak/Perlini/Duclair from the Yotes as well. All 3 of those players are solid young players who would be positive additions to the team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What I find interesting is we heard Chia was shopping Jokinen on Sportsnet and at first I didn't believe it only because we just signed him and it's only been a few games, but something tells me they were ready to waive him before LA came calling and said they'd give us Cammalleri for him. Just speculation on my part, but I think Chia also had a few other hooks in that could pop up out of no where like this deal. Either one of Neal, Green, Kreider (Highly unlikely now with NYR playing better), or a Dman who can run the PP. It's just been too quiet for something not to happen.
Sounds like there is a lot of chatter going around right now, which is odd for two reasons. One for me is really no one wanted Cammy? Two, seems early for GM's to be looking. I mean I think they should be looking, but historically not a whole lot really happens this early.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think so as well. A player like Neal is funny because we all despised him last night but everyone would turn when he is playing for us. I think he would be the type of guy we need.
Comrie, Perron, Kassian etc...

Tkachuk is another guy people hate right now, but if he were here instead of JP what would people really say?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Sounds like there is a lot of chatter going around right now, which is odd for two reasons. One for me is really no one wanted Cammy? Two, seems early for GM's to be looking. I mean I think they should be looking, but historically not a whole lot really happens this early.

I personally think a good explanation to this has to do with the fact so many teams under-achieving and want to shake things up. I mean Montreal, NYR, Oilers, Leafs, Arizona, and Winnipeg are all under-achieving and they are desperate for change. I just hope Chiarelli does the right moves this time around and don't get into a bidding war for one of the top guys.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
There is lots of chatter because many teams with high expectations have been taking dumps in the bed.

A few weeks ago the reports around the Oilers were that Chiarelli isn't committed to Jokinen OR Strome. The JJ trade, to me, lends some credibility to the rumor that Strome is being shopped.

About OEL: I'm convinced that he will get moved. But the so called boy genius gm Chayka may hang onto him until the deadline. On the other hand, if the market is currently as hot as it sounds according to reports, maybe the biggest return comes in the very near future. (Doubt the Oilers would be involved.)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I personally think a good explanation to this has to do with the fact so many teams under-achieving and want to shake things up. I mean Montreal, NYR, Oilers, Leafs, Arizona, and Winnipeg are all under-achieving and they are desperate for change. I just hope Chiarelli does the right moves this time around and don't get into a bidding war for one of the top guys.

Leafs and Winnipeg under-achieving?

My list of teams that might want to make moves are all those with a PDO under 99... which basically means no playoffs going by historical records over the past 8 seasons.

Right now that list of teams is:

Arizona
Montreal
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Edmonton
Boston
Carolina

I could see a shakeup trade or two from those teams (already have one from Edmonton).

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Leafs and Winnipeg under-achieving?

My list of teams that might want to make moves are all those with a PDO under 99... which basically means no playoffs going by historical records over the past 8 seasons.

Right now that list of teams is:

Arizona
Montreal
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Edmonton
Boston
Carolina

I could see a shakeup trade or two from those teams (already have one from Edmonton).

Based off what the Leaf fans and Winnipeg fans are saying lol. I personally don't see it but they are always talking like they could be much better if they had the right player.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There is lots of chatter because many teams with high expectations have been taking dumps in the bed.

A few weeks ago the reports around the Oilers were that Chiarelli isn't committed to Jokinen OR Strome. The JJ trade, to me, lends some credibility to the rumor that Strome is being shopped.

About OEL: I'm convinced that he will get moved. But the so called boy genius gm Chayka may hang onto him until the deadline. On the other hand, if the market is currently as hot as it sounds according to reports, maybe the biggest return comes in the very near future. (Doubt the Oilers would be involved.)

I said in the off-season that I don't think he's fully committed to Strome. He was a guy that we could very easily walk away from if he doesn't get an increase in production with a new club. The trade itself was more than short term impact, so if it didn't work out it wasn't far fetched to see PC abandon ship.

Why wild card if Benning and Drake. How committed is PC to them? Is he worried about potential backlash from future NCAA players if he moves them?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Benning most likely. I mean absolute best case is the two rotate in and out with Benning eventually earning the lion's share at which point hopefully Russell sees the writing on the wall and warms up to a trade rather then spending the next 4 years in and out of the press box.
Russell or Benning. Whoever's playing worse. Then, next season, back to the current lineup.

The added depth would be great but I just dont see the team sitting Russell. Maybe Benning.
I like the potential offence that Green would add...just dont see it happening.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I said in the off-season that I don't think he's fully committed to Strome. He was a guy that we could very easily walk away from if he doesn't get an increase in production with a new club. The trade itself was more than short term impact, so if it didn't work out it wasn't far fetched to see PC abandon ship.

Why wild card if Benning and Drake. How committed is PC to them? Is he worried about potential backlash from future NCAA players if he moves them?
backlash?
Chia gave these 2 the express path to NHL and his coach is giving them prime offensive chances.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The added depth would be great but I just dont see the team sitting Russell. Maybe Benning.
I like the potential offence that Green would add...just dont see it happening.
how often would a team have all top 6 Dmen healthy? Sitting Benning is a big whoop D doo.. The guy has proven nothing and can easily be sitting out until the next injury.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Avs fan come in peace.
value for Andrighetto , Timmins or Meloche and 2nd choice Nashville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->