Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
If there was a trade and sign I could see a Klefbom-OEL trade.

Contracts being the pinching point.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Avs fan come in peace.
value for Andrighetto , Timmins or Meloche and 2nd choice Nashville?
We just got Cammallari, have Bear and dont need 2nd round picks.
Maybe not for this package but I think RNH is a good destination for COL considering the exit of Duchene and Nuge's chemistry with MacKinnon.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
how often would a team have all top 6 Dmen healthy? Sitting Benning is a big whoop D doo.. The guy has proven nothing and can easily be sitting out until the next injury.

I just think the team is much more invested in Benning than that.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Find a way to dump Strome, acquire Neal. I'd give up the 1st, or a 2nd and prospect for him. When healthy;

Maroon - McDavid - Neal
Lucic - Draisaitl - Slepyshev
Cammalleri - Nuge - Puljujarvi
Caggiula/Khaira - Letestu - Kassian

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Sekera - Russell

That's a damn good roster that should go deep into playoffs.

Reactions: 6 God

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I really like the Cammalleri acquisition.

3 more players I'd target who are having underperforming years so far but who are excellent players who would help the team:

Stepan
Brett Ritchie
Hagelin

I'd target one of Dvorak/Perlini/Duclair from the Yotes as well. All 3 of those players are solid young players who would be positive additions to the team.

I'd love to see a push to get Fischer out of Arizona while the getting is good. I think he's going to be one of their best young guns, after Domi.
Big, young, strong, a born goalscorer with a 200 foot game. He could be everything Kassian was supposed to be once upon a time.
I'd do Strome straight up for him and run.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Find a way to dump Strome, acquire Neal. I'd give up the 1st, or a 2nd and prospect for him. When healthy;

Maroon - McDavid - Neal

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Sekera - Russell

I would think that you could have Strome in a deal for Neal. Maybe there isn't much value at all for us, but Vegas could take a shot on him. It's not like they can just afford to trade guys for picks/prsopects. Will need some NHL talent.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I just think the team is much more invested in Benning than that.
IMO team should be more invested in winning. We just cant piss the season away because Sekera is out for half of it. Benning does not belong in the top 4. If we can upgrade Johan friggin Auvitu to Green then we should go for it. If it means Benning sits up in the PB for 30 games so be it. Benning is a long term investment.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I would think that you could have Strome in a deal for Neal. Maybe there isn't much value at all for us, but Vegas could take a shot on him. It's not like they can just afford to trade guys for picks/prsopects. Will need some NHL talent.
That's what I'm thinking as well. I would imagine he was one of the players they would've taken a look at in expansion.

Neal would just be so perfect for our forward group. It puts everyone else in the ideal slots that they should be to spread around some depth. Not to mention, the nastiness up front with Lucic, Maroon, Kassian and now Neal. I don't think there's a better fit out there for us to get. We need to get him IMO.

Reactions: Jeff Lebowski

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
That's what I'm thinking as well. I would imagine he was one of the players they would've taken a look at in expansion.

Neal would just be so perfect for our forward group. It puts everyone else in the ideal slots that they should be to spread around some depth. Not to mention, the nastiness up front with Lucic, Maroon, Kassian and now Neal. I don't think there's a better fit out there for us to get. We need to get him IMO.
I don't see the Oilers giving up a 1st for a rental

Reactions: Night Witch

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008

I agree. Neal would be a perfect addition. I hope Chiarelli can find a way to get it done.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
In our current position? No.
If we're suddenly back into the mix with the division leaders by deadline? Yes.
If we can extend Neal then sure. But that also means we lose Maroon. 1st+Maroon for Neal. That's a hefty price

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Strome for Gallagher.

The fact Stome can play C or wing might be enough to convince the Habs to make that deal straight up, but I'd throw in a pick/prospect if that's what it took. Another RW I'd be after is Tobias Rieder. He'd really help the PK and add some speed. Janik Hansen would be a good fit too.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Elliotte Friedman mentioned on his blog today on Sportsnet.ca that Tkachev is rumoured to be interested in the NHL again. He's got 9 goals and 22 points in 26 games in the KHL. Do the Oilers make another attempt for him? Are we even interested?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
There's lots of players that would help the Oilers up front... we simply don't know who's actually available.

I honestly wouldn't have thought Cammalleri would be available either... but there he is.

Hopefully Chia has his line in the water and can fish out another trade or two like this last one which will get the team moving in the right direction.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam

Maroon - McDavid - Neal

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Sekera - Russell

Would love having Neal ,but he does have an M-NTC and he can list eight teams he will NOT go to ,I have a feeling we are on the list. sorry

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Elliotte Friedman mentioned on his blog today on Sportsnet.ca that Tkachev is rumoured to be interested in the NHL again. He's got 9 goals and 22 points in 26 games in the KHL. Do the Oilers make another attempt for him? Are we even interested?
They should be, this team lacks skill on the wings. I don't think Tkachev would be much help, though. He's more likely a top 6 winger in the AHL at this point.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Would love having Neal ,but he does have an M-NTC and he can list eight teams he will NOT go to ,I have a feeling we are on the list. sorry
Yea, maybe 3 years ago. We're expected to contend and have the best player in the game. Would be surprised if he didn't waive, he'd only get more money as a UFA racking up goals on his wing.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Yea, maybe 3 years ago. We're expected to contend and have the best player in the game. Would be surprised if he didn't waive, he'd only get more money as a UFA racking up goals on his wing.
Do not say that ,three year or now.we will never be the destination because of his Kagome.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If there was a trade and sign I could see a Klefbom-OEL trade.

Contracts being the pinching point.
OEL isn't eligible to be extended yet, we'd need to wait till he has one year left on his contract to do that.
In our current position? No.
If we're suddenly back into the mix with the division leaders by deadline? Yes.
I'm more interested in seeing how the team is playing coming into the deadline, I've seen a lot of teams vying for the President's trophy let alone the division lead that I didn't think had what it took to win the Stanley Cup that year. Like Talbot and our top 2 lines might carry us to success in the regular season, but having a bottom 6 that is as shoddy as ours has been will end up getting exposed in the playoffs, either through their lack of contribution and them losing match-ups or cause someone gets injured and lack the depth to properly absorb an injury. There are also teams that do great, but struggle with adversity and either don't have the guts or mental fortitude to move through it. Based on what I've seen so far this season I am very hesitant to use our 1st round pick as a trade chip.

At this point I'm more in favor of keeping our pick using it at the draft and holding on to it with the intent of trading our selection or a previous 1st round selection for help in the following season. It seems like our boat has sprung a few too many leaks this season, while we might be able to patch a bunch of holes, it doesn't feel like we can patch them all without heavily over-spending and thereby depleting our resources before it is actually time to make a big push at a cup.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
They should be, this team lacks skill on the wings. I don't think Tkachev would be much help, though. He's more likely a top 6 winger in the AHL at this point.
Tkachev would absolutely be a threat. He would easily have the best shot on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad