Trade Proposals

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I don't understand how Luchuk, who wont be in the league next year is worth less than a player of similar skill in Raddysh who also won't be in the League next year.
Paired with how clutch Luchuk is, his leadership skills and how he has experience in and winning a Memorial Cup.
Is it because he doesn't have an NHL teams name strapped to him?
I do understand how the 3 OA per roster rule and how that depletes value of an OA but by that wide of a Margin?

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't understand how Luchuk, who wont be in the league next year is worth less than a player of similar skill in Raddysh who also won't be in the League next year.
Paired with how clutch Luchuk is, his leadership skills and how he has experience in and winning a Memorial Cup.
I do understand how the 3 OA per roster rule and how that depletes value of an OA but but that much of a wide margin?

Raddysh is the better overall player is why

Reactions: LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Fair return for Aaron Luchuk is probably the price Kitchener paid for OA F-Kole Sherwood:
2nd in 2019
2nd in 2020
3rd in 2021
5th in 2020

Certainly no more than that. Maybe a tad less. Sherwood was a top 10 scorer in this league last year. Proven commodity.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I do understand how the 3 OA per roster rule and how that depletes value of an OA but by that wide of a Margin?

Yeah it's all because of the 3 OA limit. Also same for Euro's. All OHL trades are based on precedent. There's never really been the precedent set that an elite OA or Euro goes for the same as a Team Canada World Junior calibre player. Of course that could change, but so far it hasn't

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Fair return for Aaron Luchuk is probably the price Kitchener paid for OA F-Kole Sherwood:
2nd in 2019
2nd in 2020
3rd in 2021
5th in 2020

Certainly no more than that. Maybe a tad less. Sherwood was a top 10 scorer in this league last year. Proven commodity.
Last year Luchuk spent little time on the top lines. He was mainly on their checking line and was able to put up decent numbers. This year with all the graduation he is showing his value on the top line.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yeah it's all because of the 3 OA limit. Also same for Euro's. All OHL trades are based on precedent. There's never really been the precedent set that an elite OA or Euro goes for the same as a Team Canada World Junior calibre player. Of course that could change, but so far it hasn't

This is the case much more often than not; but, that can change at any time if availability and need and the play of a certain player dictates it. Luchuk & Sokolov can break that pattern, imo. One of the most surprising trades (I vaguely remember) was a 5’5” OA F of the knights in exchange for 3(2nds)? several seasons ago. That was the first trade I remember spiraling the inflationary cost of picks for players.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
This is the case much more often than not; but, that can change at any time if availability and need and the play of a certain player dictates it. Luchuk & Sokolov can break that pattern, imo. One of the most surprising trades (I vaguely remember) was a 5’5” OA F of the knights in exchange for 3(2nds)? several seasons ago. That was the first trade I remember spiraling the inflationary cost of picks for players.
That would have been Earl "the squirrel" Erlich if my fading memory is correct. Went to Guelph.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Cmon dirty its London who always over value their players and all teams especially Sudbury overpay. Several over the years come to mind but I would rather not relive the abuse we took losing all those second rounders. Between Smith and Barclay Branch this team in Sudbury has been put on ice for at least 10 years.

Soko will be dealt but not for the platora of picks you think. Maybe we can get Golden, Tymkin, Foudy and two 2nd round picks back for Soko, Pilon brothers and O'Grady.

WJ

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Cmon dirty its London who always over value their players and all teams especially Sudbury overpay. Several over the years come to mind but I would rather not relive the abuse we took losing all those second rounders. Between Smith and Barclay Branch this team in Sudbury has been put on ice for at least 10 years.

Soko will be dealt but not for the platora of picks you think. Maybe we can get Golden, Tymkin, Foudy and two 2nd round picks back for Soko, Pilon brothers and O'Grady.

WJ
Why would Sudbury pick up players that the Knight's fans want rid of at this moment in time? Talk about jumping out of the frying pan into the fire:facepalm:

Reactions: hockeylegend11

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
As good of a season as Luchuk is having he is not in the tier of star players that is going to bring back a 00/01 player. Any contender looking to pick him up is looking for a solid 2nd line centre who will contribute offense, contribute on the PP/PK and help solidify a teams top 9.

Yes he is having a career year playing on Windsor's top line, until Brown came back he was their only real option up front which has expanded his playing time and opportunities, which he has taken advantage of.

In the end though, in any deal for him he likely returns a 2nd and 2 3rds, or something in that range. Any players coming back would be whomever he is bumping of the roster, another OA or maybe 98 that doesn't contribute enough to justify a spot on a contending team.

If I'm Windsor I focus on the picks and if you can get a player who doesn't block the development of the kids thrown in, great, if not, take the picks and bring up a kid in the system.
not only that but he is OA - so the market is limited already

simply put there are limitations for OAs. Statistically as good as his numbers are - he is not worth the same price as Raddysh is.
Dane Fox put up similar numbers his OA year. And had a similar career before the OA season. Similar 5 on 5 numbers too - 1ppg 5 on 5. But Dane Fox faded by years end and was little factor in playoffs in 2013-14

Erie gave up a decent 1999 and a pick for Foegele. I expect windsor would get that plus an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick. But if he goes for much more - why wouldnt teams just pay the price for more overall talented players in Brown/Raddysh/etc. Being a drafted and signed NHL pick with better career numbers means you hold much more value than an OA in Luchuk

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I expect that Erie will get a 16-year-old out of someone for Raddysh, but we shouldn't treat that as a foregone conclusion. Bracco, Stephens and Nedeljkovic were all WJT guys who just fetched picks/older players in return, and while you can point to market forces or extenuating circumstances in each case, that's not to say Raddysh won't be a similar exception.
Bracco didnt get one because Kitchener is dumb and gave him away for nothing. Partly because the Mem cup factor/forcing a trade. Ned is a goalie so he was never going to get a 16 year old in return.

Saginaw was sorta dumb to not seek 16 year old seeing as how they have 10000 picks. But maybe no trade clause prevented it from London. Still Saginaw got :
2018 2nd
2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 2nd
2017 3rd
2019 3rd

Most players of Stephens caliber go for 2 2nds, 2/3 3rds. I dont think he necessarily demanded a 16 year old. But saginaw still got a large haul. The only reason Erie gave McShane to Oshawa was simply because they didnt have the picks. Trust me, if they had the picks - Cirelli would not have demanded a McShane return. Instead it would have been 4/5 2nd and 3rd rounders and (maybe) a 17 year old. Cirelli was a unique circumstance.

The players that often demand a 16 year old are higher NHL picks that are top level offensive players - Konecny for example. Raddysh and Brown are the only ones that fit that mold from the 1998 crop of players that are likely to be moved.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Aaron Luchuk
I don't believe so, not this season. Luchuk is one of the better defensive players in the league, and this season he's proved to be one of the premier finishers also.

not sure how you believe that. Raddysh has low key always been very responsible on defense. And has a big frame to play that way.

Luckuk +4 on the year (his team +1). Raddysh +12 on the year (his team -2)

Raddsyh had the best +/- numbers in the league last year +67. The most since 2004-05 with Danny Syvret +70. The most from a forward since....i cant even go far enough back to see so I will assume someone in the 1980s did it. He's a responsible player. You dont lose anything defensively with him but his ability to have puck possession and his hockey IQ and his strength is just flat out better than Luckuk. Dont try to argue it

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Bracco didnt get one because Kitchener is dumb and gave him away for nothing. Partly because the Mem cup factor/forcing a trade. Ned is a goalie so he was never going to get a 16 year old in return.

Saginaw was sorta dumb to not seek 16 year old seeing as how they have 10000 picks. But maybe no trade clause prevented it from London. Still Saginaw got :
2018 2nd
2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 2nd
2017 3rd
2019 3rd

Most players of Stephens caliber go for 2 2nds, 2/3 3rds. I dont think he necessarily demanded a 16 year old. But saginaw still got a large haul. The only reason Erie gave McShane to Oshawa was simply because they didnt have the picks. Trust me, if they had the picks - Cirelli would not have demanded a McShane return. Instead it would have been 4/5 2nd and 3rd rounders and (maybe) a 17 year old. Cirelli was a unique circumstance.

The players that often demand a 16 year old are higher NHL picks that are top level offensive players - Konecny for example. Raddysh and Brown are the only ones that fit that mold from the 1998 crop of players that are likely to be moved.

Staggering, 4 - 2nds & 2 - 3rds within 4 years.
Raddysh should be the most sought after this season, for sure.
Dineen could return the most of all available D. I’m very interested in seeing the price tags attached to D for the 3-4 needy teams.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Raddysh and Luchuk will be on every teams radar. Raddysh might not be back next year so he could be considered 1/2 a season and done as well. The only difference might be a few extra conditional picks that Erie may never see. His size is NHL ready. Will be interesting to see what each fetches.

Reactions: HF92

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Funny! :)
Do you really see that large of a trade including O’Grady that will surely be (the wolves) #2 next season?
OGrady may not to be here come next season. School would seem more appropriate since he has gone undrafted for a first rounder.

WJ

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

2018 2nd
2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 2nd
2017 3rd
2019 3rd

Kitchener got Stanley from Windsor in a round about way connected to the Bracco trade. Not as dumb as it looked. Carter is playing fine also. They also got some picks. Stanley if he was still a Spitfire would command a high price this year.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Raddysh and Luchuk will be on every teams radar. Raddysh might not be back next year so he could be considered 1/2 a season and done as well. The only difference might be a few extra conditional picks that Erie may never see. His size is NHL ready. Will be interesting to see what each fetches.

I want to know where he ends up lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad