Trade Proposals

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Hope GM's smarten up but unfortunately we are talking about London. Hell they got 2-2nds & 2-3rds for Mattinen.
Right or wrong when a team with a history of winning starts to trade their players. Those players are seen by other GM's as being a "part of a solution". When a team that's has been perennial loser those players from those teams are seen as "part of a problem".

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Owen Sound isn't the only team that need a goaltender. Ottawa is climbing the standings but neither of their goaltenders is near .900. I'd argue Mississauga, too.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Owen Sound isn't the only team that need a goaltender. Ottawa is climbing the standings but neither of their goaltenders is near .900. I'd argue Mississauga, too.

Ottawa isn't a contender. Mississauga just got Tippett back and now MacLeod they should be much better now.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa isn't a contender. Mississauga just got Tippett back and now MacLeod they should be much better now.

Ottawa is not a contender but not many teams really are. The 67’s have an OA spot available. IF they were to acquire Di Pietro and delete Tremblay, they’d have two OA spots open. With the ability to upgrade two more positions at a lower cost because they are OA’s, Ottawa could become a contender in the East.

Won’t happen though so move along....

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't think you have to be a clear contender right now to go after DiPietro. There isn't a "this is their year" team in the East. A team like Ottawa, who's young but climbing in the standings, can certainly make noise in the playoffs with a solid goaltender.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Jack Campbell acquired from Windsor – Soo Greyhounds
"Windsor receives players Mackenzie Braid and Patrick Sieloff along with six draft choices: Kingston’s 3rd in 2012, Windsor’s 2nd in 2013, Erie’s 3rd in 2013, Owen Sound’s 2nd in 2014, Saginaw’s 2nd in 2014, Sault Ste. Marie’s 2nd in 2015 and Sault Ste. Marie’s 15th in 2016 (conditional)."

If DiPietro is traded :dm:, this is what GM's should start with before WR picks up the phone. Then they can meet somewhere in between. Having watched DiPietro, his greatest asset is his reaction time and that is something that can't be taught- either you have it or you don't and rarely do you see him give up on a play. He is a world class goaltender at this level. His size would be his only knock at the next level but personally I think he will overcome that.
Going back to that trade the hounds goalie at the time was MATT MURRY look at where he is now and look at where Jack Campbell is now if the hounds could go back in time that trade should have never have happened sometimes no trade is a good trade be careful what you wish for

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Looking at that trade from another angle - if they don't deal for Murray, and he struggles, his confidence is shot. Getting Campbell gave him an experienced goaltender to learn from, which helped him down the road. Campbell didn't turn out like anyone thought but, if I'm SSM, I like that deal at the time.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
What could Thomas return?

I'd assume he'd be the second most valuable trade chip available after DiPietro

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Ottawa is not a contender but not many teams really are. The 67’s have an OA spot available. IF they were to acquire Di Pietro and delete Tremblay, they’d have two OA spots open. With the ability to upgrade two more positions at a lower cost because they are OA’s, Ottawa could become a contender in the East.

Won’t happen though so move along....

Right they have a goal differential of -11, ranked 13th on the PP, ranked 8th on the PK. Ottawa seems okay but nothing from looking at the numbers scream contender or certainly relinquishing assets for a goalie like DiPietro.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
How much for Erie - Taylor Raddysh from OS? A young body (Groulx, Moro, Doherty) and a couple picks?

I don't see Raddysh being back next year. He can't take faceoffs but he can score. Maybe Owen Sound just needs to put up 5-7 a game and leave the D / Goalie as is :)

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
How much for Erie - Taylor Raddysh from OS? A young body (Groulx, Moro, Doherty) and a couple picks?

I don't see Raddysh being back next year. He can't take faceoffs but he can score. Maybe Owen Sound just needs to put up 5-7 a game and leave the D / Goalie as is :)
Personally that would be a recipe for disaster. You start from the goal out. If you can't acquire your goalie then you make sure you have the best D.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Right they have a goal differential of -11, ranked 13th on the PP, ranked 8th on the PK. Ottawa seems okay but nothing from looking at the numbers scream contender or certainly relinquishing assets for a goalie like DiPietro.

Have a closer look. Sort of reverse Konechny & Rymsha trades for DiPietro, Villardi, & Luchuk for two seasons of fun. 67’s have enough assets to do this, and not leave nearly the future void the Spits did.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Personally that would be a recipe for disaster. You start from the goal out. If you can't acquire your goalie then you make sure you have the best D.
I should have used the sarcasm emojii. Of course we need a goalie. But we need another top 6. I have been saying it needs to be a good faceoff guy, but I really like Raddysh and he could be another Gadjovich for the 2nd line and 2nd PP unit.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC

If I was Erie I'd want a return similar to what they paid for Cirelli (McShane, two 2nds and a 4th.)

So if I was dealing with Owen Sound I'd ask for Russell, two 2nds, and a 3rd (as I think McShane had higher value at the time compared to Russell).

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
If I was Erie I'd want a return similar to what they paid for Cirelli (McShane, two 2nds and a 4th.)

So if I was dealing with Owen Sound I'd ask for Russell, two 2nds, and a 3rd (as I think McShane had higher value at the time compared to Russell).

Thanks. I see the parallels now and agree with the value. My initial offer was hopeful at best. I think this exposes OS achilles heal in this go for it year, they don't have enough to give to get what they need.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Thanks. I see the parallels now and agree with the value. My initial offer was hopeful at best. I think this exposes OS achilles heal in this go for it year, they don't have enough to give to get what they need.

Owen Sound is still in good shape. They're the best possession team in the league. If they can improve their goaltending situation at a reasonable cost and picked up Raddysh for something around the price I mentioned I personally would peg them as the favorites in the west unless Sarnia/SSM/Kitchener did something drastic.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
when you consider the teams going for it or possibly standing because of youth/looking at next year (i.e. oshawa)

you can get an idea of the forwards likely who will be available -
the only OA forward who could be worth a lot is Luchuk. But OAs all have their limit in terms of assets they can fetch

most teams are looking at 1998s - cheaper than 1999s and more experienced
sokolov (sudbury)
brown (windsor)
smith (guelph)
Caamano (flint)
raddysh (erie)
pu (london)
jones (london)

i think its unlikely that london trades pu or jones AND then Thomas. And i think Thomas has a large percentage chance to return next year. So dont see the rush for London to consider moving him. Thomas would also cost a lot so assuming london is in no rush to move him they would demand a hefty price. Teams can avoid it and find help elsewhere

raddysh, brown would be the most sought after imo .. especially assuming they are certainly on the market.

If you need a center man, you want Brown. Best center who is certainly available. (Unless Thomas was available).
If you want more consistent scoring and you dont need that center spot, Raddysh is your guy. Imo Raddysh is the best winger available and its not even close.

Sokolov will have limited suitors because of Import tag.
Pu is just inconsistent and personally i find him overrated. A nice forward to add but he should be, at best, your 4th or 5th best forward if you want to have a top/deep offense
Jones/Smith - undisciplined and not elite scorers

so if you just look at 1998s, Raddysh and Brown will be most sought after. if we start adding 1999s, who knows - too hard to predict who could be available, who demands a trade, and will pay price for the 1999 vs the 1998.

Reactions: EON

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Mark Seidel rumoured that Brady Tkachuk might be coming to the OHL. He'll be a top 5 pick in the next NHL draft. If that is the case, I can't see London moving any of the big name players

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
You know the spits better than I do but looking at their draft cupboard it would be shortsighted to not move them for the right offer...a few players, 5 seconds, 5 thirds +/- conditionnals on making nhl early/OA years. Ottawa has the assets and the players to make a run the next two/three years. Yes Windsor would be sacrificing being a middling playoff team the next few years but if you don't get assets for those guys and Brown/Day you will be bottom feeders for 8 years. This is in reply to Rayzor, forgot to quote.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
You know the spits better than I do but looking at their draft cupboard it would be shortsighted to not move them for the right offer...a few players, 5 seconds, 5 thirds +/- conditionnals on making nhl early/OA years. Ottawa has the assets and the players to make a run the next two/three years. Yes Windsor would be sacrificing being a middling playoff team the next few years but if you don't get assets for those guys and Brown/Day you will be bottom feeders for 8 years. This is in reply to Rayzor, forgot to quote.
There will be a lot of players being offered up by several teams likely. Teams asking too much sometimes end up having to keep players because buyers go with something more sensible that fills their needs. One team never holds all the cards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad