Trade Proposals

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't think there's a Spits fan out there who wants to lose Brown, Luchuk, etc. for nothing. That's a very real possibility if you don't make the deals by Jan 10. I'd rather trade them and deal with whatever comes than lose them both and accept a couple of picks being our best in the next draft.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Have a feeling Hounds move Fowler , much like they did with Salinitri after WJC for Deangelo.

Could Fowler be enough for Raddysh or Luchuk?

Fowler + picks.

Calvin Martin as well?

I see Martin, Leguerrier, Fowler, Demeo being pieces shopped around.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Have a feeling Hounds move Fowler , much like they did with Salinitri after WJC for Deangelo.

Could Fowler be enough for Raddysh or Luchuk?

Fowler + picks.

Calvin Martin as well?

I see Martin, Leguerrier, Fowler, Demeo being pieces shopped around.

You could get Luchuk without giving up Fowler since he's an OA. To get Raddysh, you'd have to give Fowler plus picks

Reactions: HF92

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
While he'd be great to have, Hounds don't need a Raddysh. They can do very nicely with a strong 2 way Center and possibly another stay at home Dman. They don't have to break the bank to contend this year....even IF someone else goes crazy and gives up the farm for the top players and/or DiPetro!

Reactions: soo hound girl

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The 67’s are in a precarious situation. They gave Missy a run for their money in the playoffs last year. They return all 7 D-Men next year. Their back end is really coming around with all the high picks back there.

They have two solid scoring lines but not one particular guy that carries the load. So it is spread out well.

They have an OA spot open.

They have a wasted OA spot on a goalie right now.

If they found a goalie that could actually be a difference maker, it would not only help them win games BUT it would free up a 2nd OA spot. You add that goalie and then an OA on the back end and another OA Centre to stretch out to three lines with the first rounder Graham Clarke on that wing, all of a sudden they are with the big boys in the East.

The 67’s have TEN 2nds and EIGHT 3rds stretched over the next FIVE drafts. So, they have assets to use.

They have a solid 2 year window especially if Barron goes unsigned by the Av’s and returns as an OA with Felhaber next year. So they could stay status quo and push all in next year or nibble this year and next year.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The 67’s are in a precarious situation. They gave Missy a run for their money in the playoffs last year. They return all 7 D-Men next year. Their back end is really coming around with all the high picks back there.

They have two solid scoring lines but not one particular guy that carries the load. So it is spread out well.

They have an OA spot open.

They have a wasted OA spot on a goalie right now.

If they found a goalie that could actually be a difference maker, it would not only help them win games BUT it would free up a 2nd OA spot. You add that goalie and then an OA on the back end and another OA Centre to stretch out to three lines with the first rounder Graham Clarke on that wing, all of a sudden they are with the big boys in the East.

The 67’s have TEN 2nds and EIGHT 3rds stretched over the next FIVE drafts. So, they have assets to use.

They have a solid 2 year window especially if Barron goes unsigned by the Av’s and returns as an OA with Felhaber next year. So they could stay status quo and push all in next year or nibble this year and next year.

They'd be pretty foolish to not use the 2 '18 2nds they have. Like you said, basically everyone is coming back plus a 1st rounder next year so those 2 2nds are basically going to have no shot to make the roster. So instead of making those picks, trade them at this deadline for someone who'll help this year adn next

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The Foegele deal from last season should give a pretty good idea of what Luchuk is worth, give or take a pick.

Reactions: EON

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
While he'd be great to have, Hounds don't need a Raddysh. They can do very nicely with a strong 2 way Center and possibly another stay at home Dman. They don't have to break the bank to contend this year....even IF someone else goes crazy and gives up the farm for the top players and/or DiPetro!

You’re probably close to exactly right. The hounds don’t have to give up their most promising young players for the elite of graduating players. But, they do need both a solid F & D to stay with other teams that can improve substantially with a big acquisition. Just a combination of 5 (2,3,4) picks should get two similar to McKenzie, & Stillman; or, Pezzetta & Blaisdell.
(just players that might be available and I’m familiar with)

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
You’re probably close to exactly right. The hounds don’t have to give up their most promising young players for the elite of graduating players. But, they do need both a solid F & D to stay with other teams that can improve substantially with a big acquisition. Just a combination of 5 (2,3,4) picks should get two similar to McKenzie, & Stillman; or, Pezzetta & Blaisdell.
(just players that might be available and I’m familiar with)

Yes i think that this organization does SUCH a good job scouting that they can make do with whatever picks they have. We already have a hard time giving the rookies enough ice time....and they truly play above rookie status as it is. I believe this organization really plays up the home-grown aspect, drafted and developed from within. Only go outside the organization to fill a glaring need when required. I'd be surprised if we made a big splash at or before the deadline.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Yes i think that this organization does SUCH a good job scouting that they can make do with whatever picks they have. We already have a hard time giving the rookies enough ice time....and they truly play above rookie status as it is. I believe this organization really plays up the home-grown aspect, drafted and developed from within. Only go outside the organization to fill a glaring need when required. I'd be surprised if we made a big splash at or before the deadline.

It's more than meets the eye.

Don't think Fowler is having a good time in ssm, off and on ice.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
It's more than meets the eye.

Don't think Fowler is having a good time in ssm, off and on ice.

Well if that truly is the case and he and his family/agent asked to be moved then that changes things from a trade perspective. I'm guessing you could make a bigger play for someone if you had to include him in a deal to move him. Personally i hope that's not true.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

That’s a (little) too rich. I’m beginning to feel a little sick :)

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
I expect that Erie will get a 16-year-old out of someone for Raddysh, but we shouldn't treat that as a foregone conclusion. Bracco, Stephens and Nedeljkovic were all WJT guys who just fetched picks/older players in return, and while you can point to market forces or extenuating circumstances in each case, that's not to say Raddysh won't be a similar exception.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Doesn't do much for me given Martin's a 99. If you deal Luchuk and a player comes back (with picks), it has to be a 2000 or, if you can manage, an 01. I'd inquire about Hayton.

You can inquire all you want, they'd laugh... and hang up.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
As good of a season as Luchuk is having I will be absolutely stunned if they get an '01 for him.

member 71782

As good of a season as Luchuk is having he is not in the tier of star players that is going to bring back a 00/01 player. Any contender looking to pick him up is looking for a solid 2nd line centre who will contribute offense, contribute on the PP/PK and help solidify a teams top 9.

Yes he is having a career year playing on Windsor's top line, until Brown came back he was their only real option up front which has expanded his playing time and opportunities, which he has taken advantage of.

In the end though, in any deal for him he likely returns a 2nd and 2 3rds, or something in that range. Any players coming back would be whomever he is bumping of the roster, another OA or maybe 98 that doesn't contribute enough to justify a spot on a contending team.

If I'm Windsor I focus on the picks and if you can get a player who doesn't block the development of the kids thrown in, great, if not, take the picks and bring up a kid in the system.

ivegotyour6

Sep 12, 2008
Doesn't do much for me given Martin's a 99. If you deal Luchuk and a player comes back (with picks), it has to be a 2000 or, if you can manage, an 01. I'd inquire about Hayton.

What would possibly make you think that Hayton would be involved in any trade made by the Hounds this year? Your overvaluing of assets the Spits have is always laughable, but this is absurd.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm glad I could amuse ;) I don't recall saying the Hounds would say yes, either, and I'd hope a GM at least inquires. Otherwise, what's the point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad