Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
sounds like a great trade for Marc.

Trading patches is #1 priority with this team. I Do not want him at 8 million or whatever ungodly number he will demand.

If he stays , he will get too much for the "foxhole" discount.

The trade I'm commenting on is WEBER for RNH, not Patches. That's a terrible trade.

Pacioretty, Plekanec(2M retained) and Alzner(1M retained) for RNH and Puljujarvi.

Rebuild with the following under 25 forward core (except Shaw at 26):

Drouin - RNH - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Puljujarvi
Hudon - Danault - Scherbak/Shaw

That's a trade I could get behind. I suggested a Patches & Alzner for RNH and Lucic and pieces around that but if Edm took your deal, I'd say it helps all involved.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
The trade I'm commenting on is WEBER for RNH, not Patches. That's a terrible trade.

I was poking fun at Marc , that he would actually trade Weber for RNH 1 for 1
I agree that would be a horrible horrible trade.

My second point is that we need to trade patches. Not a 1for 1 for RNH either.

Sorry if it was confusing when I was quoting your post. Sometimes I do not use proper grammar, spacing etc so the points seem messy and do not flow properly.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I was poking fun at Marc , that he would actually trade Weber for RNH 1 for 1
I agree that would be a horrible horrible trade.

My second point is that we need to trade patches. Not a 1for 1 for RNH either.

Sorry if it was confusing when I was quoting your post. Sometimes I do not use proper grammar, spacing etc so the points seem messy and do not flow properly.

No worries. Just wanted to clarify my point to make sure you weren't misunderstanding me.

Bottom line is we have 1 last good trade chip to get a # 1 centre in Max and we can't squander it!

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
They will want a premium for a good player like OEL and I doubt that Chayka will be dumb enough to say "when it's Shea Weber" you don't ask for more kind of speeches.

Like it or not Weber is a premium piece. Go back and look at other soon to be UFA star players and see what the team got for them? Most of the time it's a very little.

Arizona still has time before they have to trade OEL, but Weber makes a great deal of sense for Arizona and he's probably not on the table when OEL is months away from being a UFA.

That said I can't see Bergevin trading Weber at all.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Just trade veterans for prospects and picks and eat salary for picks. Then in the off season if you want to back the truck up to John Tavares' house, so be it. But it's not like the veterans on this team help all that much anyway.

If by some miracle you do sign Tavares, it will attract other players. Otherwise, you draft some decent players in a deep draft and try to retool.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Like it or not Weber is a premium piece. Go back and look at other soon to be UFA star players and see what the team got for them? Most of the time it's a very little.

Arizona still has time before they have to trade OEL, but Weber makes a great deal of sense for Arizona and he's probably not on the table when OEL is months away from being a UFA.

That said I can't see Bergevin trading Weber at all.

Weber was not a fit for this team unless we keep a strong puck moving presence like the guy we traded for him. I was merely poking fun at his comment when he was asked if he could have gotten more for PK. Weber is a solid player but his style of defender will not be paid today like he was when he signed the offer sheet with the Flyers. The game has changed and he can only play one way but he would be a more useful fit playing alongside a strong puck mover.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Weber was not a fit for this team unless we keep a strong puck moving presence like the guy we traded for him. I was merely poking fun at his comment when he was asked if he could have gotten more for PK. Weber is a solid player but his style of defender will not be paid today like he was when he signed the offer sheet with the Flyers. The game has changed and he can only play one way but he would be a more useful fit playing alongside a strong puck mover.

Well Arizona has Chychrun, so they already have that PMD, and a case could be made that pairing him with Weber would be an ideal way to develop him.

Arizona doesn't care about Weber's cap hit, and his actual pay will be 6m for the next 4 years and then drop substantially. And he's still well worth that. Arizona probably even likes the fact that Weber is signed for ever so that they don't have worry about losing him in the same way they will probably lose OEL.

Like I said there are plenty of reasons Arizona would strongly consider OEL for Weber. There might be some throw in picks/prospects on either side but it's a deal that makes sense for both teams and I doubt Arizona would actually get a better offer.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well Arizona has Chychrun, so they already have that PMD, and a case could be made that pairing him with Weber would be an ideal way to develop him.

Arizona doesn't care about Weber's cap hit, and his actual pay will be 6m for the next 4 years and then drop substantially. And he's still well worth that. Arizona probably even likes the fact that Weber is signed for ever so that they don't have worry about losing him in the same way they will probably lose OEL.

Like I said there are plenty of reasons Arizona would strongly consider OEL for Weber. There might be some throw in picks/prospects on either side but it's a deal that makes sense for both teams and I doubt Arizona would actually get a better offer.

I'm all for it, we really need it on the back end and with only Mete coming that might have impact in this area we could use him. I could never see MB parting ways with him however as he does not seem to be a guy that admits a mistake in any of his trades.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I'd trade something around Pacioretty for Mantha.

Mantha had a pretty hot start but cool off in the last 10-15 games and got publicly criticized by his coach.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
seriously, can we try to make a trade that both teams might do?

Why on earth would a team like Detroit, who isn't close, want Pacioretty?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Isn't close to what?

Pacioretty is just 29.. he still have some good years left.

Z is getting old.. Pacioretty is 8 years younger.. Detroit might need a vet like Pacioretty.

I don't why Detroit don't want or need a guy like Pacioretty.. even with 1 year left in his contract.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Just reading up on a very impressive 2018 NHL draft class, I am more convinced than ever that we need to trade for more picks in the first three rounds.
We currently have 1 first round pick and 3 second round picks once Sergachev plays 40 games.
We need to add at least one first round and second round pick.
It's time to properly rebuild this once proud franchise for the future, not tinker with it for the next 25 years.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Isn't close to what?

Pacioretty is just 29.. he still have some good years left.

Z is getting old.. Pacioretty is 8 years younger.. Detroit might need a vet like Pacioretty.

I don't why Detroit don't want or need a guy like Pacioretty.. even with 1 year left in his contract.

Max is a pending ufa who probably won't want to sign on one of the few teams worse off than we are....

Detroit is not a good trading partner

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would try to make a deal for Bennett.

Calgary needs a winger and we have those in spades.

Alternatively maybe we try to deal with Anaheim for Sam Steel. I really think he will be a game breaker

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I would try to make a deal for Bennett.

Calgary needs a winger and we have those in spades.

Alternatively maybe we try to deal with Anaheim for Sam Steel. I really think he will be a game breaker

Bennett is playing 3rd line wing in Calgary, and he has yet to break through at that position and his overall progression has been disappointing, considering he was the Flames highest draft pick ever. That line is centred by Jankowski, who is looking tremendous in his first NHL season. You want a young centre from Calgary? That's your guy.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I could see Patches as a fit for a winger need on CBJ, but no chance he goes if Torts has any input whatsoever.

Edmonton makes a lot of sense from a line-building perspective, but they are a gong show also, and not sure if they’ll see Patches as the guy to turn that team around and go for a miracle run.

He’d go to a contender and his cap hit would be easier to swallow even if he isn’t a true rental (still another season on his contract) because his AAV is relatively low.

Think we can call TBL and flip him for Sergachev? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't think Calgary will be buyers this season.

Max is a pending ufa who probably won't want to sign on one of the few teams worse off than we are....

Detroit is not a good trading partner

No, he isn't a pending ufa, get your facts straight.

The only pending ufas we've got are Plekanec, Hemsky, Deslauriers & Jerabek...

Niemi (but nobody cares)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Pacioretty has no NMC and his current GM is not the sharpest tool in the shed and is a terrible negotiator.

Detroit could fleece Bergevin and make a profit by flipping Pacioretty for the type of value Bergevin is incapable of getting.

Apr 28, 2010
Bennett is playing 3rd line wing in Calgary, and he has yet to break through at that position and his overall progression has been disappointing, considering he was the Flames highest draft pick ever. That line is centred by Jankowski, who is looking tremendous in his first NHL season. You want a young centre from Calgary? That's your guy.

Bennett is actually centering the 3rd line (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2017-18-nhl-lines-thread-as-of-dec-18th-17-9-00am.2369625/)

I would love to trade for Bennett. Think this guy needs a change of scenery, same with Max. I'm positive Calgary would go for this. Not suggesting a straight-up one for one trade but salary-wise, I think It could be done as Calgary still has 4m in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad