Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With Pacioretty experiencing such a prolonged drought, would it not be better for the Habs to market him when he starts scoring again?

It's like that JFK one liner: "The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

Last edited:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
What did the Avs get for Duchene ? You just need the right partner. Problem is, I totally distrust MB to get anything relevant to our actual situation (picks and younger players, preferably centers), guy probably think we're still a playoff team. Like Mol$on, for that matter...
Lol, Sakic waited a year to get the IDEAL conditions for a trade.

Can the habs afford to wait that long?

The added benefit of Duchene was how he was considered a center.

A winger is going to provide different opportunities. I'm not sure getting a blue chip center will be feasible unless you find a contender, stacked at center.

Edit: and honestly, I don't believe Sakic got what he wanted. I think he just settled because of A) the amount of time and news circling non-stop and B) the sheer quantity of value he was getting to make up for the fact he wasn't getting exactly what he wanted.

These are just not similar situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
then what would you want for him???

I’d want our best trade chip to get us something we need to fill a hole. Not a lateral or backward or based on hoping a player develops into something on a losing squad. If you’re a contender to can hope to develop a player as they’ll be playing a depth role and learning from top tier players. We don’t have that luxury.

1) a established centre one on one or part of a package depending on the centre.

2) A top 1-2 LHPMD to play with Weber as either a 1 for 1 or package depending on the D.

3) A package of top end prospects and picks to restock the farm and a decent chance at drafting a top end D or centre.

If we don’t get one of these 3 options got Patches then all is lost and kiss away a competitive team for the next 3-5 years.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
So the Islanders got approved for a new arena, it was pure fantasy to think Tavares would hit the free agency market and even more that he would come to Montreal.

We had a better chance at getting Crosby than Tavares...

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrei79

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Some people might think that this trade offer doesn't make any sense. Anyways, here's what I would offer NYI;

To Montreal:
John Tavares
Anthony Beauvillier
Nick Leddy

To New York I:
Carey Price
Max Pacioretty
Noah Juulsen
2nd pick

Alex Galchenyuk - John Tavares - Jonathan Drouin
Anthony Beauvillier - Philip Danault - Brendan Gallagher
Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Charles Hudon
Nicholas Deslauriers - Daniel Carr - Andrew Shaw

Nick Leddy - Shea Weber
Karl Alzner - Jeff Petry
Jordie Benn - Jakub Jerabek

Charlie Lindgren

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
With Pacioretty experiencing such a prolonged draught, would it not be better for the Habs to market him when he starts scoring again?

It's like that JFK one liner: "The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

Nah, Pax played for long enough in this league, his value is not affected by a 30games stretch were is a little under his usual pace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nah, Pax played for long enough in this league, his value is not affected by a 30games stretch were is a little under his usual pace.

Yeah, there is more than enough history to suggest this is a drought and not a new normal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So the Islanders got approved for a new arena, it was pure fantasy to think Tavares would hit the free agency market and even more that he would come to Montreal.

We had a better chance at getting Crosby than Tavares...

Tavares just got the news he needed to commit to the Isles on a long term basis. The Tavares train has left the station.

Last edited:

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
When you have Crosby and Malkin as your 1-2, literally anyone is a scoring winger. All they have to do is keep there stick on the ice and deflect slap passes into the net.

Besides, at 5'11" and 180 lbs, he's not exactly the big skilled centre we're looking for. Patches can get a lot more than Guentzel. Hard pass.
Guentzel is a player Montreal could also flip if the right offer came along like to Columbus for PLD the fact is Guentzel is much easier to trade and has much more value than Pacioretty who is not signed long term.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Pacioretty is an obvious move imo.

What might be a less popular opinion; Gallagher should also be shopped....his value has never been higher and if we can get a young future top 6 C, I'm all for it.....

Galchenyuk makes no sense imo, his value is at its lowest right now

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

What might be a less popular opinion; Gallagher should also be shopped....his value has never been higher and if we can get a young future top 6 C, I'm all for it.....

I agree, Gallagher is worth a bundle for sure. Both Patches & Gallagher would get us a lot of quality futures.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton

Love Gallagher but if we can trade him for picks/prospects, you do it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Guentzel is a player Montreal could also flip if the right offer came along like to Columbus for PLD the fact is Guentzel is much easier to trade and has much more value than Pacioretty who is not signed long term.

Jake. Guentzel. Sorry but he’s not worth anything close to what you’re suggesting. PLD, Patches etc. Are you kidding me?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Jake. Guentzel. Sorry but he’s not worth anything close to what you’re suggesting. PLD, Patches etc. Are you kidding me?
Are you kidding me he is already a proven playoff star with 13 goals last year and a stanley cup champion...WAKE UP....and learn the game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here we are, into the holiday trade freeze. I guess we won't need to rack up our brains over the next few days.

Reactions: groovejuice

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Are you kidding me he is already a proven playoff star with 13 goals last year and a stanley cup champion...WAKE UP....and learn the game.

This is just sad in so many ways. It’s too bad you can’t understand the difference between a top 5 NHL goal scorer for the last 7 years and a winger who plays with Crosby. Maybe we should bring Jeff Friesen or Chris Kunitz out of retirement. He was pretty good next to Crosby too. Take Guentzel and play him with danault or Plex and you think he’ll bring anywhere close to what Patches has? This is a joke. Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad