Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I could see Patches as a fit for a winger need on CBJ, but no chance he goes if Torts has any input whatsoever.

Edmonton makes a lot of sense from a line-building perspective, but they are a gong show also, and not sure if they’ll see Patches as the guy to turn that team around and go for a miracle run.

He’d go to a contender and his cap hit would be easier to swallow even if he isn’t a true rental (still another season on his contract) because his AAV is relatively low.

Think we can call TBL and flip him for Sergachev? :sarcasm:
The problem with Edmonton is there as bad of an organization as the habs .I don't want bargain brain f***ing this team up any more than he has already.what's totally puzzling is how incompetent Molson is in all of this,can't he see his franchise player is f***ing disgusted ,when the rat bastard media started there bullshit about his wife he should have tore them a new asshole.now all of a sudden price is being disrespectful towards them,unbelievable!

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't think Calgary will be buyers this season.

No, he isn't a pending ufa, get your facts straight.

The only pending ufas we've got are Plekanec, Hemsky, Deslauriers & Jerabek...

Niemi (but nobody cares)

I misspoke, my point was a team like Detroit isn't moving young players for a guy who will likely test free agency (if he's on a non contender)

If you think otherwise, you aren't considering where Detroit is at this time.

Would you trade Galchenyuk for JVR?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Pacioretty in a package deal to the Penguins centered around Guentzel who was a center his whole career in college,AHL,but of course has to play the wing in Pittsburgh,and the Pens are struggling almost as bad as Montreal,both teams need a shakeup.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pacioretty in a package deal to the Penguins centered around Guentzel who was a center his whole career in college,AHL,but of course has to play the wing in Pittsburgh,and the Pens are struggling almost as bad as Montreal,both teams need a shakeup.

I want a bigger and younger fish. Guentzel is 5'-11 and 181lbs. He's a good young player but another forward that gets pushed around. Go after a 18 or 19 year old who has potential (like Poehling) but has not proven themselves at the pro level yet. It's risk but the prospect is not likely to fall off the planet in talent and we also get a 1st in the deal. In 2 years, we benefit and might snag a very good center and not a so so one like Guentzel.

Blues needs help on wings and have solid depth in their prospect pool. Go after Thomas and we would have to take their 2019 1st as they do not have a 2018 1st. I'd be OK with that as we already have 5 top 100 picks in 2018. I think we can also get more depending on how many teams line up for Patch and want to add some goal scoring power for this years playoffs and next

Kings... Vilardi and 2018 1st

Ducks... Steel and 2018 1st.

Blackhawks... Jokiharju and 2018 1st

Pens... Don't see what I like. I rather dangle Pleky to them for a 2nd (3rd at worse)

Blues, Kings, Ducks, Blackhawks are the teams I would hope battle for the services of Patch. I'd even add to Patch in order to get the guy we want.

Last edited:
Reactions: aresknights

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Pittsburgh was desperate for a 3rd line centre this year and went out to trade for Shaehan to fill that hole and were even considering Chucky for that role. If Pits wasn't even contemplating Guentzel for centre over those two, how bad do they think he is in that role?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh was desperate for a 3rd line centre this year and went out to trade for Shaehan to fill that hole and were even considering Chucky for that role. If Pits wasn't even contemplating Guentzel for centre over those two, how bad do they think he is in that role?
Has nothing to do with Guentzel being bad at center,they just need scoring on the wing.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I want a bigger and younger fish. Guentzel is 5'-11 and 181lbs. He's a good young player but another forward that gets pushed around. Go after a 18 or 19 year old who has potential (like Poehling) but has not proven themselves at the pro level yet. It's risk but the prospect is not likely to fall off the planet in talent and we also get a 1st in the deal. In 2 years, we benefit and might snag a very good center and not a so so one like Guentzel.

Blues needs help on wings and have solid depth in their prospect pool. Go after Thomas and we would have to take their 2019 1st as they do not have a 2018 1st. I'd be OK with that as we already have 5 top 100 picks in 2018. I think we can also get more depending on how many teams line up for Patch and want to add some goal scoring power for this years playoffs and next

Kings... Vilardi and 2018 1st

Ducks... Steel and 2018 1st.

Blackhawks... Jokiharju and 2018 1st

Pens... Don't see what I like. I rather dangle Pleky to them for a 2nd (3rd at worse)

Blues, Kings, Ducks, Blackhawks are the teams I would hope battle for the services of Patch. I'd even add to Patch in order to get the guy we want.

Not sure about Anaheim. I believe they are playing Henrique on wing so they may not be interested. I like your suggestion about the Blues. Another team to consider is the Isles. They have their own 2018 1st and Calgary's as well. Excellent starter for a deal involving Patches.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Has nothing to do with Guentzel being bad at center,they just need scoring on the wing.

When you have Crosby and Malkin as your 1-2, literally anyone is a scoring winger. All they have to do is keep there stick on the ice and deflect slap passes into the net.

Besides, at 5'11" and 180 lbs, he's not exactly the big skilled centre we're looking for. Patches can get a lot more than Guentzel. Hard pass.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
When you have Crosby and Malkin as your 1-2, literally anyone is a scoring winger. All they have to do is keep there stick on the ice and deflect slap passes into the net.

Besides, at 5'11" and 180 lbs, he's not exactly the big skilled centre we're looking for. Patches can get a lot more than Guentzel. Hard pass.

Agreed. I rather keep Patch if Guentzel + is the return. Last thing we need is another forward that gets pushed around out there.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Agreed. I rather keep Patch if Guentzel + is the return. Last thing we need is another forward that gets pushed around out there.
Guentzel put up points at center in the AHL and he was the #1 goal scorer in all of hockey in the playoffs last year with 13....he the hell said he gets pushed around......total fabrication.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guentzel put up points at center in the AHL and he was the #1 goal scorer in all of hockey in the playoffs last year with 13....he the hell said he gets pushed around......total fabrication.

I get the talent... I just think we already have too many small forwards. I want centers who can win face offs, puck battles, and have offensive ability! So I'm looking for the Size/Skill/Skating/Grit/Leadership type player. Yeah, it's asking for a lot but that's what we need if we are going to compete in the playoffs and win games.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal already has two guys who are maybe centers, maybe wingers. Why bring on a third?

Agreed. I think the Pens would be interested in Patch but I don't see them having the pieces we need. I would be willing to trade Patch/Pleky for Guentzel but they are giving us a pretty significant return in 1st round picks. I just don't see us as good trade partners. I would want at least 2- 1st round picks on top of Guentzel. He's also a Left handed shot and our team clearly needs more right handed shooters.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

What does size have to do with anything......Krejci,Giroux,Johnson,Point,Hischier there are lots of centers who are not big.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Love to get a strong package for patches, this team will most likely miss the post season, so then....MB fill the farm...and regroup...fans won't care if you did this

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm surprised we haven't seen any rumblings from the usual faux insiders with only a few hours before the holiday trade freeze comes into effect.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Teams didn't want to give up their blue chip prospects + for Duchene.

Not sure they're going to do that for Pacioretty.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What does size have to do with anything......Krejci,Giroux,Johnson,Point,Hischier there are lots of centers who are not big.

The answer is all CENTRES who are better than Guentzel for $1,000, Alex.

Patches for Guentzel is a joke. Please stop.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Teams didn't want to give up their blue chip prospects + for Duchene.

Not sure they're going to do that for Pacioretty.

What did the Avs get for Duchene ? You just need the right partner. Problem is, I totally distrust MB to get anything relevant to our actual situation (picks and younger players, preferably centers), guy probably think we're still a playoff team. Like Mol$on, for that matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad