Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
i still think Patches should go faster then Chuck,
and here is why

Chuck is young and may come around, Patches is not a captain, as Weber had to have the team over to try to get them fired up,

as well, Patches contract for a contender like STL or PITT, is not a burden...

MB will try to save face, and move one or both of these guys,......but when?

this week is a prime time to make a move

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Trade pac for a c or d and make Weber captain

Build this team without pac

A few interesting names could be ekman larsson , Joel Eriksson ek , Charlie Coyle , RNH , Lucic, Duclair , Mike Reilly

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
I agree with everything you have written above, and yes this week would be the time...problem i see is getting good value back at this time. Other GMs can see what is going on in MTL and how the players mentioned have lacked to contribute anything really since the season began. Of course doesn't mean there is no value here...just not sure we will get full ask.

So the question is....do you still do it for a lesser return? I certainly would not want to be in MB's shoes at the moment.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Pacioretty.

We need a top C or a top D more than anything and he's the only one with the value needed to acheive that. Package him if you need, but that's the move that need to be made to save this franchise.

Habs have enough depth on the wing to replace him.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
things is, look what AV's got for MD, and they were and are not a good team

but.....is MB good enough to pull this off...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Patch. A first and a good center prospect in return is a must.

To NYR for their 1st and Chytil gets the ball rolling for me.

Reactions: yianik

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Without laughing of what you could get for Plekanec here goes :
Patches
Plekanec
Chucky
Gallagher
Shaw
Alzner
Petry
Schlemko

Then at the deadline to teams that believe "they could win a Cup if they only had a ......

Weber
Price

Lombardi comes in as President and cleans out the front office. Hires a new management team over the course of a year while trading all the players he can from above list.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
They should move Patches, and move him soon. His value is slowly dropping.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Pacioretty to the Blues for Thoamas or to the Devils for McCleod or to the Kings with Schlemko for Vilardi and Clague.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There are not many things that all Habs fans agree with these days... however there is one is suspect... Trading Patch before the deadline!!! It's obvious at this point. If Bergevin can't adapt, learn, and change direction, then he needs to go. Holding on hope that this core will win is questionable IMO. Save your job or not but the right decisions need to be made at this stage. It should get interesting from here till trade deadline

Something interesting I also noticed. Trade deadline is Feb 26th and we have a home and home against the Islanders on Feb 28/Mar 2nd. Tavares? Not sure when the schedule was set but the timing of this is interesting considering the rumors of the Habs waiting on Tavares for a while now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pacioretty to the Blues for Thoamas or to the Devils for McCleod or to the Kings with Schlemko for Vilardi and Clague.

Too bad the Blues need more help on RW vs LW. If they needed help on LW, they might just bite on the Thomas and a 1st for Patch. I would love this trade

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Too bad the Blues need more help on RW vs LW. If they needed help on LW, they might just bite on the Thomas and a 1st for Patch. I would love this trade

And it does nothing to help right now and sets us back for a couple of years. Terrible offer

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Blues are an intriguing team for the Habs to target if they want to move Pacioretty...

Robert Thomas, Ivan Barbashev, Klim Ksotin, Tage Thompson, Jordan Kyrou.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
agreed, STL is a wee bit desperate, so MB wake up

I'm not sure St. Louis is all that desperate. I also don't think Bergevin has come to terms yet with the mess he has created and he's going to get schooled hard by a GM like Armstrong.

Last edited:

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
Hate to say it, but this year's trading deadline is the time to blow this up, let the value increase over time. Hopefully we have a new GM that knows what he is doing by then. Any "save the season" trades will only make this situation worse

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Blues are an intriguing team for the Habs to target if they want to move Pacioretty...

Agreed. Now that Schenn has proven himself to be a top 6 center, they can part ways with some of their center depth. Thomas is the guy I would want though. It just sucks that they are looking for more help on RW. They tried Steen on the right side and have since moved him back to LW.

What's your thoughts about Barbashev? I'm not sure we should touch him.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Robert Thomas would be a great target. It burns my ass that they don't have their first still. I want another first involved if we're moving any of our 3 big ticket items.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agreed. Now that Schenn has proven himself to be a top 6 center, they can part ways with some of their center depth. Thomas is the guy I would want though. It just sucks that they are looking for more help on RW. They tried Steen on the right side and have since moved him back to LW.

What's your thoughts about Barbashev? I'm not sure we should touch him.

Yeah he looks like an interesting prospect for sure, right handed, good both ways. An obvious fit in Montreal.

But I'd also want a prospect that's closer to contribute to the NHL in addition (and I don't think that's too much to ask).

So a Barbashev or Tage Thompson would also fit the bill IMO.

I don't know a whole lot about Barbashev though.

But I do think the Habs need more right handed players, with size, who can play in the top 6. So I've got a thing for Tage Thompson lately lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->