Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am curious. How did we get good value by flipping our number one D for a guy 3 years older? Weber has been the opposite defensively than what he was portrayed as. He isn't physical and he has brought pretty much nothing leadership wise. So where did we win?

We didn't because we were not ready to make a Weber trade, Nashville was and Bergevin swallowed it hook line and sinker. Same as the Drouin trade, absolutely no rhyme or reason to make that deal with Radulov and Markov not coming back. I am sure we are slightly better off today if we still have Markov, Subban, Radulov and Sergachev are we not?

Bergevin has this organisation still in need of a 1-2 center combo plus we now need D help to boot and who can forget Prices new contract? I don't think he could have possibly done a worse job if he tried.

Reactions: groovejuice

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Didn't think I'd say this but it might be the time to trade Patches. I would think teams would evaluate him on his past 5 years and not these past few months.

If MB does trade him, it needs to finally be for a true 1C. Possible candidates :

Zibanejad (I'd love to have him centering Drouin and Chucky)
Couturier (might not be a true offensive 1C but he'd fit in well)
Coyle (see Couturier)
O'Reilly (we'll need to add)
Lindholm (not quite 1C now but will be soon)
Nugent-Hopkins (has never been a favourite of mine but...)

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Didn't think I'd say this but it might be the time to trade Patches. I would think teams would evaluate him on his past 5 years and not these past few months.

If MB does trade him, it needs to finally be for a true 1C. Possible candidates :

Coyle (see Couturier)
Regarding O'Reilly Eklund just tweeted Galchenyuk = Lingren + 2nd 18. No way there is a deal for Couturier around Pacioretty. Couturier gets no respect.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

Coyle (see Couturier)

Coyle and Lindholm could be good and realistic options...

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wanted Brock Nelson two years ago and got laughed at.
I'd be surprised if Doug W wants a Patches type on his club now.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
And you should've .... just like if you wanted him now. He's a depth player at best
He'd be a first line center on this team who can go both ways and has some size and some hands. He's getting great reviews from his peers and we could have got A Nelson plus type of deal at the time.
My guess is the Isles won't do that trade straight up at this time for various reasons but continue on with your point of view.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think edm would be desperate enough to overpay for Shaw. And I think we have to take advantage of that.

There actually isn't all that much from the Oilers that I like. Shaw isn't going to get RNH or Draisatl or their 2018 1st, or Klefbom. Unless they're crazy enough to give us Puljujarvi for him, I don't see a good trade with the Oilers.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I wanted Brock Nelson two years ago and got laughed at.
I'd be surprised if Doug W wants a Patches type on his club now.
Brock Nelson is 3rd line player who was playing 2nd and 1st line minutes for the last 3 years. You can see it this year with all the talent they have, he's not getting the same ice time and opportunity.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
The only way to replace Sergachev now is try to get a guy like ekman larsson

We have to trade Pac for defence help

I know we lack a Center but play galchenyuk and danault there for now

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The only way to replace Sergachev now is try to get a guy like ekman larsson

We have to trade Pac for defence help

I know we lack a Center but play galchenyuk and danault there for now
OEL is not the answer. He's good offensively but the guy cant defend. And i dont want to overpay for OEL when we already overpaid for Weber, Shaw and Drouin. Its bad assets management.

Maybe give it a shot when or if he becomes UFA.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It’s pretty obvious at this point that we should be sellers at the deadline, I just don’t trust Bergevin to be the one doing the wheeling and dealing.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Regarding O'Reilly Eklund just tweeted Galchenyuk = Lingren + 2nd 18. No way there is a deal for Couturier around Pacioretty. Couturier gets no respect.
You do realize that Eklund's IQ is lower than his shoe size.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
OEL is not the answer. He's good offensively but the guy cant defend. And i dont want to overpay for OEL when we already overpaid for Weber, Shaw and Drouin. Its bad assets management.

Maybe give it a shot when or if he becomes UFA.

OEL can score 20 a year

To me he is very similar to Sergachev

He is 26 yo how is it bad asset management. Younger then Pk baby Subban

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
OEL can score 20 a year

To me he is very similar to Sergachev

He is 26 yo how is it bad asset management. Younger then Pk baby Subban
Arizona must be counting on a boon for OEL.
Can we provide a boon? (and I'm not talking about Jenner)

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Edm and Montreal are both in desperate mode, lets make a blockbuster,something around Price+Pax vs Drasaitl+Talbot and lets start the re-tool/rebuild

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Edm and Montreal are both in desperate mode, lets make a blockbuster,something around Price+Pax vs Drasaitl+Talbot and lets start the re-tool/rebuild
If you were Edmonton would you do that trade? Price is almost finished and locked in for 8 more years. Patches has 3 good years left.

People here think we can trade our old players for a superstar centre ? Forget it

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
If you were Edmonton would you do that trade? Price is almost finished and locked in for 8 more years. Patches has 3 good years left.

People here think we can trade our old players for a superstar centre ? Forget it

To be fair, 'old players' only paints one side of the picture. The other is quite a bit of pedigree in seasons (recently) past... I won't forget what the Duchene haul was, on the tail end of a crap season.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
When it’s Shea Weber :laugh:

What a ****ing moron

All he had to do instead of trading for Webby was:
A) Trade Galchenyuk + or Pacioretty for help at center. (still have kept one as a top 6 winger)
B) Go with new center, Subban, Markov and what became Sergachev and Price along with the supporting cast and who knows, Radulov could have still been ours for the taking and the team was set. Instead he f***ed everything and sunk the team.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If we are commiting to a rebuild, we should trade our best assets which are probably Pacioretty and Gallagher, both who are on great contract. Next year you try trading Shaw, Petry and Price.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If we are commiting to a rebuild, we should trade our best assets which are probably Pacioretty and Gallagher, both who are on great contract. Next year you try trading Shaw, Petry and Price.
I'm open to trading Price now if we're to commit to a rebuild. We need to set ourselves up for the best chances at a top pick. Not having Price increases those odds.

Reactions: mariolemieux66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->