Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
4 years is MASSIVE in elite sports, to suggest otherwise shows a lack of accurate information.

PK was one of the lone bright spots in an otherwise clusterF season, which is what happens when challenges hit a team with terrible coaching being propped up by star performances.

Weber has benefited through most, if not all, of his career playing on teams with very sound coaching structures and consistency. That makes a huge difference.

Context matters more than people seem to appreciate when it comes to evaluating performances, requires deeper analysis than superficial statistical or observational interpretations.

Jagr is still playing . Science has advanced . 31 years old was ufa age before .

Subban won’t skate like that at 34 years old if you think like that . The reality is , Subban could skate like that at 38 if he maintains his body well, which he does

Age is just a number.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Jagr is still playing . Science has advanced . 31 years old was ufa age before .

Subban won’t skate like that at 34 years old if you think like that . The reality is , Subban could skate like that at 38 if he maintains his body well, which he does

Age is just a number.

7.1.6. What are outliers in the data?

NHL Average Retirement Age - QuantHockey.com
Hockey metrics: Measuring when and why NHL players peak

"Most players hit their peak age by age 24 or 25 then decline gradually until age 30, at which point their performance can begin to tumble more noticeably with the risk of absolute collapse by age 34 or 35."

A New Look at Aging Curves for NHL Skaters (part 1)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I’m just tired of the whiners

Subban wasn’t making the difference I’m sorry

Subban was part of this franchise worst losing streak in history

Get over this trade , we need players to play with Subban. Price while being elite needs a team in front of him . Who would have buried subbans dishes ? Byron ?

and yet you don't seem able to comprehend why trading him for a guy who is older and less adept at improving the players he plays with (and more reliant on skilled partners/linemates to make the most of his skill set) was a bad decision?

Seems like you haven't put much thought into what you are posting about.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
and yet you don't seem able to comprehend why trading him for a guy who is older and less adept at improving the players he plays with (and more reliant on skilled partners/linemates to make the most of his skill set) was a bad decision?

Seems like you haven't put much thought into what you are posting about.

It’s not about putting a thought . This debate has been discussed to death .Its like complaining about your ex girlfriend . Move the f on.

It’s done, it’s over. If we can get 5 years from Weber I would be ok with it. He would be 37 and done I guess . In 5 years , Subban might not have had the same impact who knows ? Subban won’t fix our offence and Center woes nor can he play goalie . If we talking about offence well guess what ? Weber had almost 20 frickin goals last year .Both have 6 goals this year and Subban is playing with Roman Josi and is part of the best d Corp in the league .I know Subban is a much better puck mover and passer but nobody in our team can finish . I understand he left but Subban alone wasn’t doing it, he is no Mcdavid. I actually got tired of watching his spines and bad overall play in his last years as a Hab.

We didn’t build a good team around Price and Subban. It’s too bad, now our fanbase has to move on . Each time I surf on Hfboards , I read the Subban-Weber debate. Subban wasn’t our saviour, the farthest we went is the eastern concerence finals with him and we lost because we were missing Price.

Move on and accept the fact that while not being the best long term move, Weber still has 3-5 good years ahead of him. That’s enough for me. According to your statistics , Subban would collapse at 34 years old which is basically 5 years away.

There is no thought to put into it anymore, Molson has to have some balls and fire Bergevin.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It’s not about putting a thought . This debate has been discussed to death .Its like complaining about your ex girlfriend . Move the f on.

It’s done, it’s over. If we can get 5 years from Weber I would be ok with it. He would be 37 and done I guess . In 5 years , Subban might not have had the same impact who knows ? Subban won’t fix our offence and Center woes nor can he play goalie . If we talking about offence well guess what ? Weber had almost 20 frickin goals last year .Both have 6 goals this year and Subban is playing with Roman Josi and is part of the best d Corp in the league .I know Subban is a much better puck mover and passer but nobody in our team can finish . I understand he left but Subban alone wasn’t doing it, he is no Mcdavid. I actually got tired of watching his spines and bad overall play in his last years as a Hab.

We didn’t build a good team around Price and Subban. It’s too bad, now our fanbase has to move on . Each time I surf on Hfboards , I read the Subban-Weber debate. Subban wasn’t our saviour, the farthest we went is the eastern concerence finals with him and we lost because we were missing Price.

Move on and accept the fact that while not being the best long term move, Weber still has 3-5 good years ahead of him. That’s enough for me. According to your statistics , Subban would collapse at 34 years old which is basically 5 years away.

There is no thought to put into it anymore, Molson has to have some balls and fire Bergevin.
I have no clue what you are ranting about.

But I do agree that firing MB is a necessary step to get this team moving in the right direction.

Unfortunately he's likely going to further dig the hole he's put the franchise in before molson finds the brains to fire him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Find a way to get Robert Thomas. If St.Louis thinks they can go far...they WILL give him to you for Pacioretty or Galchenyuk.
Thomas+ for Pacioretty would be dope.
The Habs looking to add veteran leadership on defence, add Erik Karlsson (RHD). Then in the Off season add both John Tavares(C) and Zdeno Chara(LHD), giving the Habs 4 ex-NHL Captains, (Shea Weber the other one) talk about leadership finally comes to an end in Montreal. The Habs once again have leadership throughout their lineup, Chara whose 40yrs.old and still logging over 2o minutes a night icetime. Giving the Habs young defensive prospects, mentorship ++++ to becoming well rounded all purpose defencemen.
Might as well sign Seguin and Doughty too. Habs would definitely be cup contenders.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
how many times can ECK and others write that chuck is gone by the weekend,

That's why he has ZERO credibility. They've shown that random chance is a more likely predictor than he is. He's batting below 5% when it comes to trade rumour accuracy.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Haven't heard or seen a Hab rumour in a while. I guess a trade is imminent.
Lehkonen is due back shortly...so some type of roster move is going to happen in short order.

Team seems to like Froese and they're not going to waive him or DLR or send down Carr.

So it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days...or at least before the trade freeze kicks in.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well this is just a question what would it take to get these players in town?
Cam Atkinson Brandon Dubinsky Boone Jenner?
They all having a bad year to date but last year they where an amazing line.
Atkinson was just re-signed and is coming off a 35 goal campain, so I doubt they want to move him.

Dubinsky I could see the Habs being interested, he fits the type of center both CJ & Bergevin seem to like.

But I think Boone Jenner would be a very nice fit on this team

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Lehkonen is due back shortly...so some type of roster move is going to happen in short order.

Team seems to like Froese and they're not going to waive him or DLR or send down Carr.

So it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days...or at least before the trade freeze kicks in.
They'll likely just sent Mete to junior.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Well as far as I know...Mete isn't on the active roster right now, so that doesn't have an impact for now.
Based on canadiens.com, he's still listed but that isn't necessarily accurate. I'm not sure how it works with him being at the U20 camp. Might be right.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I came back to the Habs forum to see if there are any new interesting ideas.

Nope. Still long-winded arguments about the Subban-Weber trade.

:boredom:

Reactions: aresknights

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Beleskey clears...you can breath now fellas.

At least until the next overpaid/useless player gets put on waivers.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Honestly this team is not that far away. Drouin is the most skilled player we have had in a long time and has a great motor. Our D is solid and bigger than it has been in ages, but is definitely missing a puck mover. Danault is a good young 2-3rd line tweener. Plekanec is a very solid player, but I think that upgrading him would have a big impact. I would be looking to trade him at the deadline, whether we are making the playoffs or not. It will be a tough move to make, but I think MB will be able to get a good return like he did with Weise & Flash. The other big question is whether Patches is here for good or not. If not, then this would be a great time to move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad