Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Am i the only one who has a feeling MB will claim Belesky off waivers.

I remember management having a boner for him before he went to Boston.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Am i the only one who has a feeling MB will claim Belesky off waivers.

I remember management having a ***** for him before he went to Boston.
Beleskey has 2 yrs left on his deal at 3.8M...no chance.

The Habs will already have a roster crunch and decision to make when Lehkonen returns shortly.

I expect we'll see some roster movement soon...though I expect it to be minor.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
MB doesn't like offensive dmen. No way he would want Karlsson, especially if it meant trading his prized acquisition Weber.

Jul 6, 2016
MB doesn't like offensive dmen. No way he would want Karlsson, especially if it meant trading his prized acquisition Weber.

How can you say that.... ? GM's and coaches prefer responsible players. And coachable players.

Jul 6, 2016
With Lehkonen back soon, Habs have a very decent-good line up. It's up to the guys to put their work boots on and get their head out of their rear end.

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
Beleskey has 2 yrs left on his deal at 3.8M...no chance.

The Habs will already have a roster crunch and decision to make when Lehkonen returns shortly.

I expect we'll see some roster movement soon...though I expect it to be minor.
That is exactly what Bergevin is looking for !

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Assuming we did outbid other teams enough for the sense to gamble on trading him in the division, do you think he'd extend to play for a GM like MB (and a coach like Julien)?

I'd be skeptical... Players talk, and MB's antics with PK, Markov and Radulov don't bode well for us attracting elite offensive talents... With money to spend and big needs last summer, we ended up with an overpaid Alzner!

I don't see why not. There aren't that many franchises that have the cap room and the budget to pay him. We're one of them. I mean Arizona & Carolina have the cap room but not the budget for him.

Not sure what the situation is in NY or Toronto, but we're one of the few teams that can pay him & have cap room. With Price signed long term that alone might help lure him.

It's an interesting situation.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
With Lehkonen back soon, Habs have a very decent-good line up. It's up to the guys to put their work boots on and get their head out of their rear end.

Who sits? Nicolas Deslauriers has been one of the better players on this team, and that's not a good thing.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
32 years old isn’t old . Stop thinking subban is a baby he is only 4 years younger then Weber . You guys make it seem Shea could be Pk’s grandfather .When Weber will be 34 , Subban will be 30. And when Weber will be 38, subban will be 34

Where is the Effin gap?

Subban wasn’t effective at what he was doing in the last years he was a hab . He was consistently turning the puck over and was never shooting on net despite having a heck of a shot . Subban like Pacioretty is a very good talent but can’t carry a team like Malkin , Crosby , Mcdavid,etc

This isn’t a Weber - Subban thread enough of this .

Reactions: Yoor and HankyZetts

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Well this is just a question what would it take to get these players in town?
Cam Atkinson Brandon Dubinsky Boone Jenner?
They all having a bad year to date but last year they where an amazing line.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Find a way to get Robert Thomas. If St.Louis thinks they can go far...they WILL give him to you for Pacioretty or Galchenyuk.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
32 years old isn’t old . Stop thinking subban is a baby he is only 4 years younger then Weber . You guys make it seem Shea could be Pk’s grandfather .When Weber will be 34 , Subban will be 30. And when Weber will be 38, subban will be 34

Where is the Effin gap?

Subban wasn’t effective at what he was doing in the last years he was a hab . He was consistently turning the puck over and was never shooting on net despite having a heck of a shot . Subban like Pacioretty is a very good talent but can’t carry a team like Malkin , Crosby , Mcdavid,etc

This isn’t a Weber - Subban thread enough of this .
4 years is MASSIVE in elite sports, to suggest otherwise shows a lack of accurate information.

PK was one of the lone bright spots in an otherwise clusterF season, which is what happens when challenges hit a team with terrible coaching being propped up by star performances.

Weber has benefited through most, if not all, of his career playing on teams with very sound coaching structures and consistency. That makes a huge difference.

Context matters more than people seem to appreciate when it comes to evaluating performances, requires deeper analysis than superficial statistical or observational interpretations.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs looking to add veteran leadership on defence, add Erik Karlsson (RHD). Then in the Off season add both John Tavares(C) and Zdeno Chara(LHD), giving the Habs 4 ex-NHL Captains, (Shea Weber the other one) talk about leadership finally comes to an end in Montreal. The Habs once again have leadership throughout their lineup, Chara whose 40yrs.old and still logging over 2o minutes a night icetime. Giving the Habs young defensive prospects, mentorship ++++ to becoming well rounded all purpose defencemen.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The Habs looking to add veteran leadership on defence, add Erik Karlsson (RHD). Then in the Off season add both John Tavares(C) and Zdeno Chara(LHD), giving the Habs 4 ex-NHL Captains, (Shea Weber the other one) talk about leadership finally comes to an end in Montreal. The Habs once again have leadership throughout their lineup, Chara whose 40yrs.old and still logging over 2o minutes a night icetime. Giving the Habs young defensive prospects, mentorship ++++ to becoming well rounded all purpose defencemen.
Uh?!?
What is this???

Reactions: Runner77

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
As you make comments on Subban / Weber and then tell everyone else to shut up - because rules... :laugh:

I’m just tired of the whiners

Subban wasn’t making the difference I’m sorry

Subban was part of this franchise worst losing streak in history

Get over this trade , we need players to play with Subban. Price while being elite needs a team in front of him . Who would have buried subbans dishes ? Byron ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad