Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
they are a #1 centre and a top D man from making the playoffs, not winning cup, just making

Actually, They are 3 points back. After a terrible start and with more than half the season to go. I think your statement is a bit drastic, no?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I came back to the Habs forum to see if there are any new interesting ideas.

Nope. Still long-winded arguments about the Subban-Weber trade.

:boredom:

Do people actually think that the biggest trade in the Canadien's recent history wont be debated?

People never stopped talking about the Gomez trade and that happened almost 8 years ago.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Of course we will discuss the Subban and Drouin trades. What gets me is how many people can't seem to accept that these are both actually pretty even deals. One team might end up ahead or behind at the end of the day, but really in both these deals, both GM's got pretty decent value for what they traded away. Like them or not.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Honestly this team is not that far away. Drouin is the most skilled player we have had in a long time and has a great motor. Our D is solid and bigger than it has been in ages, but is definitely missing a puck mover. Danault is a good young 2-3rd line tweener. Plekanec is a very solid player, but I think that upgrading him would have a big impact. I would be looking to trade him at the deadline, whether we are making the playoffs or not. It will be a tough move to make, but I think MB will be able to get a good return like he did with Weise & Flash. The other big question is whether Patches is here for good or not. If not, then this would be a great time to move him.

Far away from what?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
thing is there is threads for this debate, and yet every thread has this going on

I agree the discussion shouldn't be haphazardly split between all the threads. But certainly the Bergevin and Trade threads are appropriate outside of the Out of Town threads.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Alzner,Lindgren,Shaw to the Isles for Sorokin,Halak,Toews,Bernier AHL veteran then flip Halak to the Oilers for a draft pick.....the Islanders even if the sign Tavares will have a ton of cap space in the off season and have 3 veteran D-men who are UFA.....Seidenberg,Hickey,de Haan.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think edm would be desperate enough to overpay for Shaw. And I think we have to take advantage of that.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Honestly this team is not that far away. Drouin is the most skilled player we have had in a long time and has a great motor. Our D is solid and bigger than it has been in ages, but is definitely missing a puck mover. Danault is a good young 2-3rd line tweener. Plekanec is a very solid player, but I think that upgrading him would have a big impact. I would be looking to trade him at the deadline, whether we are making the playoffs or not. It will be a tough move to make, but I think MB will be able to get a good return like he did with Weise & Flash. The other big question is whether Patches is here for good or not. If not, then this would be a great time to move him.

1. Yes we are far away
2. Drouin is the most skilled player we’ve had in a long time? What constitutes a long time? He’s arguably not even better than Galchenyuk, he’s DEFINITELY not better than Radulov (at least not yet), and isn’t a top player at his position like Subban was during his time here.

Is this bizarro world?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

This team needs a complete rebuild and changes throughout the organization from top to bottom.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Melnyk is talking again. I'm actually starting to believe Karlsson might get traded.

Melnyk is such a harbinger of good news, well, for us anyway. If you're a Sens fan he's a complete blowhard. :facepalm:

Talk about putting the controversy into the 100th anniversary.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Melnyk is talking again. I'm actually starting to believe Karlsson might get traded.

Melnyk is such a harbinger of good news, well, for us anyway. If you're a Sens fan he's a complete blowhard. :facepalm:

Talk about putting the controversy into the 100th anniversary.

Owners should not be vocal to the media about player relations/movement.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Of course we will discuss the Subban and Drouin trades. What gets me is how many people can't seem to accept that these are both actually pretty even deals. One team might end up ahead or behind at the end of the day, but really in both these deals, both GM's got pretty decent value for what they traded away. Like them or not.

Personally I don’t think you have a clue. The Drouin trade I’m ok with. The Subban trade showed a complete lack of judgement on our ability to challenge. Bergevin completely over valued the team he had and thought we were Stanley Cup contenders. We’re far from it and he reduced our window to win significantly. Subban was at a better age to grow with this core. Weber is a great player but he’ll be passed his peak when we’re ready to challenge. And where will Subban be at that time?

This team might be 3 points out. But the Bruins have played a handful of fewer games than us and still have more points. They have a better winning percentage than we do. We’re more likely to end up in the bottom 3 looking at our next 9 games.

Anyways some people will always be positive and not be realistic. All the power to you but personally I don’t think there’s a sane argument to suggest this team can make the playoffs without a major overhaul of this team. The only way to fix this team is through the draft.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think edm would be desperate enough to overpay for Shaw. And I think we have to take advantage of that.

Edmonton need cap space as it is... I don't think they're desperate to overpay for a 4M 3rd liner.

Personally I don’t think you have a clue. The Drouin trade I’m ok with. The Subban trade showed a complete lack of judgement on our ability to challenge. Bergevin completely over valued the team he had and thought we were Stanley Cup contenders. We’re far from it and he reduced our window to win significantly. Subban was at a better age to grow with this core. Weber is a great player but he’ll be passed his peak when we’re ready to challenge. And where will Subban be at that time?

This team might be 3 points out. But the Bruins have played a handful of fewer games than us and still have more points. They have a better winning percentage than we do. We’re more likely to end up in the bottom 3 looking at our next 9 games.

Anyways some people will always be positive and not be realistic. All the power to you but personally I don’t think there’s a sane argument to suggest this team can make the playoffs without a major overhaul of this team. The only way to fix this team is through the draft.

Even the argument that he was going for the cup doesn't work in the context of the Weber-Subban trade. Weber had not been better than Subban for a number of years when it happened. Heck, Subban had the better track record leading to the trade.

It's a move that was made to appeal to the head coach and nothing more. A head coach he ended up firing 6 months later.

Reactions: Puck Luck Run Amok

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

I am curious. How did we get good value by flipping our number one D for a guy 3 years older? Weber has been the opposite defensively than what he was portrayed as. He isn't physical and he has brought pretty much nothing leadership wise. So where did we win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad