Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
If they don't trust Pateryn, then they need to make a trade now. Hanley isn't the answer and the only guy they have in the AHL is Barberio (who should have been recalled over Hanley imo) Wonder who they could get and what it would cost to pick up a #6? I know Beaulieu can play RD, so it wouldn't have to be a RD, but someone that they think could pair up well with Beaulieu ala Gonchar.

Not that I think Redmond is any better than Pateryn but he is an option. Frankly I hope and see Bergevin making a another Mike Weaver type move at the Deadline to get a veteran bottom pairing defenseman. Our depth at D isn't that impressive with injuries hit.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Correct. Tavares with another year left at $5.5 is worth FAR more now than he is next year when he's scheduled for a HUGE raise upon contract expiration.

I've read people saying Mackinnon and Duchene are not going anywhere, same thing for any quality good centers, including second line centers. Now I see speculations over Tavares whom I consider like the 4th best center of the league, a franchise player in his prime age. Such a center should cost an arm and a leg. He's worth more than Weber and almost Price or equal.

Not that I think Redmond is any better than Pateryn but he is an option. Frankly I hope and see Bergevin making a another Mike Weaver type move at the Deadline to get a veteran bottom pairing defenseman. Our depth at D isn't that impressive with injuries hit.
I think Barbario is the best option for the moment. Unless he lost a lot last summer, he's better than Pateryn, Hanley and Redmond. He's worth a 10 games try.

Last edited by a moderator:

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I've read people saying Mackinnon and Duchene are not going anywhere, same thing for any quality good centers, including second line centers. Now I see speculations over Tavares whom I consider like the 4th best center of the league, a franchise player in his prime age. Such a center should cost an arm and a leg. He's worth more than Weber and almost Price or equal.

IMO, he's nowhere close to being worth Price or almost Price. Tavares++ yes, but Price is on a league of his own. Crosby+ is worth Price. Having Price on any team makes them legit threats/contenders. I don't see any player being traded 1:1 for Price where the winner is MTL... Even McDavid/Matthews/Laine/Crosby/Ovi/etc (add a bit more to any of them and it's closer to fair value for both sides, since no one player isn't going to steal games like Price consistently has). Put Price on a team like Ottawa/Dallas and watch them become a dynasty.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We definitely need another puck mover, which is why Hanley is playing over Pateryn. I think we should give Barberio another try. Send Hanley back down.

But, yeah, I can see MB adding a veteran depth D later on in the season. We'll see who's available come the trade deadline.

I don't want to give away the store for a defensmen. Yes, Markov might be gone by next year, but Juulsen & Sergachev are not far away. Fowler is a pipe dream at this point anyway. Anaheim have their own cup aspirations and he's one of their best defensmen.

Right now our top 5 are Weber, Emelin, Markov, Petry and Beaulieu. They've been OK, but we're one injury away from playing Hanley and Pateryn full time as our bottom pairing. That could get ugly.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Tavares is not worth more than Price if the Islanders are a lottery team soon losing him to free agency.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Backlund could be a decent add

I was thinking the same. I think that Calgary is looking for a decent goalie. Brian Elliot isn't performing well enough to give his team a chance every game. The season is still young it's not over for Calgary to make a move.

:habs To Calgary: Charlie Lindgren (WoW Lindgren got amazing stats with the Icecaps :shakehead ) or Juan Pablo Montoya + David Desharnais
:flames To Montreal: Mikael Backlund +2017 3rd to 5th round pick

PS: I think that both Desharnais and Backlund are searching for themselves and perhaps a new environment could be benefical for both players. Actually, I didn't consider that Backlund was their 2nd C, I don't know if this trade could be possible if Calgary can't filled this hole on C position.

Last edited:

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
If Montreal adds a depth d-man this year it will probably be a guy in the last year of his contract ........Wideman,Brendan Smith,Tyutin,Daley,Oduya,Del Zotto,Kulikov,John-Michael Liles,Gilbert,Seidenberg,Hainsey,Streit,Shattenkirk,Brian Campbell but he's not going anywhere because he plays on a good team,Brent Burns is of course the biggest name in the last year of his contract he's not going anywhere,the other options would be to trade for someone like Scandella,Minnesota probably looking to move a d-man so they will not lose him for free in expansion draft.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Scherbak is having a good season so far but his value is likely not that great still. Not sure what we could really get for him.

If I was MB Duchene would be my biggest target.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
If Montreal adds a depth d-man this year it will probably be a guy in the last year of his contract ........Wideman,Brendan Smith,Tyutin,Daley,Oduya,Del Zotto,Kulikov,John-Michael Liles,Gilbert,Seidenberg,Hainsey,Streit,Shattenkirk,Brian Campbell but he's not going anywhere because he plays on a good team,Brent Burns is of course the biggest name in the last year of his contract he's not going anywhere,the other options would be to trade for someone like Scandella,Minnesota probably looking to move a d-man so they will not lose him for free in expansion draft.
There is a rumour on the internet (Eklund :laugh::sarcasm:) mentioning Dougie Hamilton.

Could be a fit in Montreal for him. Top four, young, and signed.

Edit: Sportsnet says tires are being kicked.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I pitched the proposal of Patches, Beaulieu and 2017 2bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvvnd on the Isles board for Nelson, De Haan and Beauvillier and 2 posters are good with it and a third one would replace Beauvillier with Dal Colle( 5th overall 2014 ).

De Haan seems stronger defensively than Beaulieu, though lacking the offensive upside. Likely a better fit with Weber.

Nelson becomes our 2C. He is big to any that it matters. Had 26 goals last year.

Beauvillier or Dal Colle boost LW depth, Beauvillier on the Isles now.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
There is a rumour on the internet (Eklund :laugh::sarcasm:) mentioning Dougie Hamilton.

5.5 per and a RHD. Zero fit, as Petry and Weber are both better than him and play that side. Also, I think Dougie is a tad overrated and not worth that contract.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

For a top team in the NHL I don't think Redmond is the answer other then as a 7th D, they are going to need to add some help at some point cause the depth just isn't there. Hanley isn't the answer, Barberio I don't know what to make of him but he's certainly better then Hanley in the AHL. After that there's no one I would turn to which is concerning. I really like what I've seen from Didier but he's not even on an NHL contract and has zero offensive abilities.

The other problem is we don't have much in the way of cap space if they want to add something big by the deadline. With winning now they can get by for a little but we are either going to need Pateryn to set up until Redmond is back or a trade has to be made.

Scherbak is having a good season so far but his value is likely not that great still. Not sure what we could really get for him.

If I was MB Duchene would be my biggest target.

Scherbak is having a great start to the season, way better then expected. After a rough first few games of the season where he looked bad, he's had 6 goals in 8 games. One more goal and he would be leading the league and he's more known for his passing/playmaking abilities then his goal scoring abilities. They need to be really careful in how they handle him, he could be something special or he could be another soft, lazy forward with low compete level/defensive game. He showed flashes last year but also showed some serious holes in his game. He's got the frame but lacks strength. He's got the skill for sure, skates well and has good enough speed. If he can put it together he should be a decent top 6 winger since he's still so young. I know you have to give to get something good but they need to wait and see how it goes for him before moving on from him.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Players who might be in play...

Beaulieu - Not reaching his potential for sure. After a great training camp and some solid performances with Weber, had a bad game and has been relegated to the third pairing since. Has been sloppy and inconsistent. Can look outstanding one shift, then terrible the next. Seems to have lost his confidence and is playing not to make mistakes. Therrien is surely part of his problem but it's still on Beaulieu to rise above it and play to his potential. The better the kid plays, the more he's going to play but he also has to accept that MT's leash is very short. That being said, his chances of being traded are fairly good in my opinion.

Pateryn - I like Pateryn. Most fans do. It's obvious that Therrien doesn't. His leash is even shorter that Beaulieu's. A few bad shifts gives him a few games off. He's definitely a candidate for a trade. If Therrien prefers left handed lightweight Hanley to him... outch.

DD - worth nothing... possible throw in.

Patches - something is off right now. He's not as involved or aggressive and isn't producing. I'm sure Bergevin would listen and I'm sure many teams would be interested. Perennial 30 goal player with a good contract.

All this to say, what would a package of Patches and Beaulieu bring?

Fowler and Rackell?
Fowler and Silverberg?
Lindholm and Rackell?

I don't know but Patches' value must be high and Beaulieu complements a trade very well if the other team is giving up a LH defenseman.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Seidenberg would be a good add to the team. Veteran with lots of playoffs experience.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Tavares is not worth more than Price if the Islanders are a lottery team soon losing him to free agency.

Even in the situation when Islanders loose Tavares when free aqgency comes, the return of his trade will be gigantic. Tavares might be an underrated player for some fans because he plays for a team that sucks, as a fact he's a very very good player. Any gm of the league knows his real value.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Even in the situation when Islanders loose Tavares when free aqgency comes, the return of his trade will be gigantic. Tavares might be an underrated player for some fans because he plays for a team that sucks, as a fact he's a very very good player. Any gm of the league knows his real value.

There are no "gigantic" returns for impending UFAs.

Jul 6, 2016

I would prefer TJ Brodie. Safer, better d-man. left shot. Can play 23-24 minutes on top pairing with Weber.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
DD (with some retention) + Waiver-Cleared Andrew Hammond.

Would you do it?

Jul 6, 2016
Better for you if you forget about Brodie right now.

Yes, he is having a bad season start, but he was awesome the last three seasons. A puck blocking machine and a very good skater. At 4,6, he is more affordable than hamilton at 5,6....

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yes, he is having a bad season start, but he was awesome the last three seasons. A puck blocking machine and a very good skater. At 4,6, he is more affordable than hamilton at 5,6....
Lhs to boot.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I didn't mean to forget about him because he's not playing well, rather because Flames will never trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad