Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Why are you guys wanting to trade core pieces like Gallagher and Pacioretty rather than ADD pieces to that core to go for the Cup? Doesn't make sense.

Because you have to give to get anything of value back. We don't need another middle of the road depth guy, we need a high impact player, you're not getting that without giving back the Gallaghers or the Sergachevs.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Yup. You can look back at some of my earlier posts that I think Zadorov is someone I'd like to acquire. However, I think for him we can give Beaulieu. No need to touch Sergachev who will be a stud in this league. And would much rather have him be a stud as a Hab.

We have to add Sergachev because avs would be looking at galchenyuk

We give them Gallagher and Sergachev instead

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Would the Islanders be looking into trading JT if they're out of it by playoffs? I'm guessing they'll fire the coach this year and then look into moving JT next year if they're still struggling.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Would the Islanders be looking into trading JT if they're out of it by playoffs? I'm guessing they'll fire the coach this year and then look into moving JT next year if they're still struggling.

He's their franchise. If he leaves New York it will be walking as a UFA, no way they trade him.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

Of all the premier centres out there, Tavares is one that I could actually imagine being not only decently available, but available at a less inflated price than you might expect to see for someone of his stature.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
If I'm MB, I at least call Garth Snow and offer DD + Gallagher + Sergachev + 1st to see if he even listens.

This year and next year is the window, after that, with Weber's decline, Price's huge contract, Radulov's, Galchenyuk's and Pacioretty's increased salary, Plek and Markov being gone, it'll be very hard to put together a cup contending team imo.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
If I'm MB, I at least call Garth Snow and offer DD + Gallagher + Sergachev + 1st to see if he even listens.

This year and next year is the window, after that, with Weber's decline, Price's huge contract, Radulov's, Galchenyuk's and Pacioretty's increased salary, Plek and Markov being gone, it'll be very hard to put together a cup contending team imo.

I think that's alot

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You're willing to trade away that for Hamilton who will slot in as our 3rd pairing RD behind Weber and Petry? On top of that Hamilton is at 5.75M for 5 more years.

DD and McCarron for Hamilton?

Yes I would. In a second. Coincidently, he'd slot in as our 2nd pairing. 1st if he could play the left side.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Of all the premier centres out there, Tavares is one that I could actually imagine being not only decently available, but available at a less inflated price than you might expect to see for someone of his stature.

What about Pacioretty + Plekanec + Hudon + 1st 2017 for Tavares + Ladd?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal

Yes I would. In a second. Coincidently, he'd slot in as our 2nd pairing. 1st if he could play the left side.

Hamilton is over rated. We got Petry for draft picks. I don't see why we would have to move majot parts to get a top 4 D. Picks should be enough. Calgary is going nowhere this year, and they may look for parts fo the future. Giordano could be moved for an attractive package.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
What about Pacioretty + Plekanec + Hudon + 1st 2017 for Tavares + Ladd?

I guess my initial thought is that it's kind of hard to get one guy with a NMC involved in a trade, let alone two (Tavares and Ladd both have them, btw). My second thought is that I am not a fan of Andrew Ladd - the player, the contract, the everything. My final thought is that this is a trade we never see done because Hudon and our 1st probably don't woo them enough to risk the possible overall downgrade at the other two positions. But the dollars balance decently enough, I guess.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hamilton is over rated. We got Petry for draft picks. I don't see why we would have to move majot parts to get a top 4 D. Picks should be enough. Calgary is going nowhere this year, and they may look for parts fo the future. Giordano could be moved for an attractive package.

He's 6'6" 210, loves to hit, he's very mobile for his size, has a massive shot, has two 40+ point seasons under his belt and he's 23. He under Weber's tutelage could be a force for a very long time for this team.

If that's overrated for you then you have extraordinarily high and unrealistic standards.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I guess my initial thought is that it's kind of hard to get one guy with a NMC involved in a trade, let alone two (Tavares and Ladd both have them, btw). My second thought is that I am not a fan of Andrew Ladd - the player, the contract, the everything. My final thought is that this is a trade we never see done because Hudon and our 1st probably don't woo them enough to risk the possible overall downgrade at the other two positions. But the dollars balance decently enough, I guess.

The only reason I mentioned Ladd is because he has an ugly contract, and this could be NYI's way to remove him from their cap. I compare Ladd to Plekanec in this trade (even though Ladd is LW and Plek C), the only difference is Plek only has 1 more year after this before UFA, Ladd is contracted for another 6 years!!! As for Pacioretty, he will fill their top LW slot (he's more comparable to Tavares, even if Tavares is an elite C, Pacioretty is considered an elite LW). As for Hudon + 1st, it's extra "gravy" for NYI who should be rebuilding. If they continue going the way they are for the rest of the year, they will have a top 2017 1st draft pick (plus Montreal's low/mid-2017 1st draft pick). Could be a win-win. We get a star C, they get a star LW and good prospect + pick (while removing a void in their contract with Ladd).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

If he can play the left side, which I don't think he's ever done, even in Boston, then maybe I'm interested. But not for McCarron. He's one of my untouchables from our prospect pool along with Sergachev and Juulsen.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If he can play the left side, which I don't think he's ever done, even in Boston, then maybe I'm interested. But not for McCarron. He's one of my untouchables from our prospect pool along with Sergachev and Juulsen.

Let me ask you this question.

Would you trade a 3rd line centre who'll potentially but not likely become a 2nd line centre for a top pairing defenseman and have a better chance to win the Cup today and for years to come?

The answer is pretty straightforward to me.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

If everyone is untouchable on this team, apart from a few that likely no other team would want to trade much (if anything) for, then I don't see how any trade could go through. Sergachev at this point is a great trade chip we've got. We're not looking for the future. We're looking to upgrade right now in order to make a successful Stanley Cup run.

I would so trade away Sergachev + McCarron + whoever else that will make our team that much better & closer to win the cup, in exchange for picks/top prospects for other teams that are going in rebuild-mode (I don't see how ARI, NYI, COL, VAN, ... can think they even have a 1% chance of winning the cup in the next 4-5 years - it's just not happening). We have to stop thinking of "*maybe* next year" for our prospects to "join" the team and start thinking of "NOW!" We have Price, Weber, Radulov at their prime. Don't waste it for "what if's". We have the BEST team in the last many, many years. This is our best shot to win the Stanley Cup, and considering we've made the Conference Finals with a lesser team, I think we can go all the way, if we get the right improvements (top 4 LD, top 2 C).

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Dougie Hamilton...

Beaulieu, Desharnais (cap relief), McCaron or Sherbak

LMAO...apparently my post is Eklund's source...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Calgary-and-Montreal-Talking-Hamiltone4---Who-else-has-interest/1/80627

Eklund November 13, 2016, 12:02 PM ET Quick hit for your Sunday morning...

I talked to a source just now who informed me that Montreal and Calgary have had discussions regarding Dougie Hamilton and Desharnais and a top prospect/pick are the starting point. According to the source, "These discussions have been going on since the draft, where Montreal made a major play for Hamilton."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad