Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I didn't mean to forget about him because he's not playing well, rather because Flames will never trade him.

Right now, they are not in a position to sit on some of their assets. If they want to salvage their season, they got to make some moves. Has don't need another RHD like Hamilton. If Petry wasn't around, maybe...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Right now, they are not in a position to sit on some of their assets. If they want to salvage their season, they got to make some moves. Has don't need another RHD like Hamilton. If Petry wasn't around, maybe...
Brodie is still very young and on a good contract. He's probably one of the last players that will get traded. He's part of the solution on that team.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If Montreal adds a depth d-man this year it will probably be a guy in the last year of his contract ........Wideman,Brendan Smith,Tyutin,Daley,Oduya,Del Zotto,Kulikov,John-Michael Liles,Gilbert,Seidenberg,Hainsey,Streit,Shattenkirk,Brian Campbell but he's not going anywhere because he plays on a good team,Brent Burns is of course the biggest name in the last year of his contract he's not going anywhere,the other options would be to trade for someone like Scandella,Minnesota probably looking to move a d-man so they will not lose him for free in expansion draft.

I like those names above. Campbell/Streit/Oduya I think are 3 depth guys that MB should look for at TDL and probably won't cost to much. Probably one of CHI 2nd round picks and a B level prospect.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
What about going after the twins? 1 year left on contract, we get out center and LW and we can trade Pleks + youth and picks since Vancouver will probably want to rebuild.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
What about going after the twins? 1 year left on contract, we get out center and LW and we can trade Pleks + youth and picks since Vancouver will probably want to rebuild.

They are slowing and are having a tough time transitioning to the speed of the new NHL.....and their contracts are way too rich for us. It would be a step back for our organization imo.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Yes I would love that. Both of them on a second line as a supporting cast would breathe new life in them. They could still cycle and move the puck at a high level. Problem of course would be the money, almost impossible to make that happen with those contracts.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are you guys done with including Ghetto in fake trades? Everyone knows he has zero value.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Are you guys done with including Ghetto in fake trades? Everyone knows he has zero value.

I would love to say that a player who could have been had for free won't fetch any asset but then I remember that MB gave up an asset for John Scott.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would love to say that a player who could have been had for free won't fetch any asset but then I remember that MB gave up an asset for John Scott.

What an asset that was.

Jul 6, 2016

Vancouver won't have the guts, or won't be classless enough, to trade the twins.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

"An asset"? The guy cleared waivers and got suspended for substance abuse. He's played 7 NHL games since we traded him. Barely more than John Scott.

Or was Stefan Fournier the asset?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He has little value. Not zero value.

It's been explained by many that a guy clearing waivers does not mean he won't be traded. Look at Rene Bourque and Christian Thomas as examples. They were offered to the other 29 teams for free yet no one claimed them. A few weeks later, someone traded for them (Anaheim and Arizona, respectively).

Andrighetto alone (or the main piece in a deal) won't land you a big fish like Duchene. But he can be traded. He does not have zero value.

- Teams have an NHL salary cap to work with.
- Certain GMs have an owner-imposed cap to deal with.
- Teams have a 50 contract limit they have to respect.
- Teams end up with injuries that require a move to fill up spots (both in NHL and AHL)

A lot of variables come into play that forces a team to trade for a player they weren't willing to pick up free on waivers a few weeks earlier.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

It's been explained by many that a guy clearing waivers does not mean he won't be traded. Look at Rene Bourque and Christian Thomas as examples. They were offered to the other 29 teams for free yet no one claimed them. A few weeks later, someone traded for them (Anaheim and Arizona, respectively).

Andrighetto alone (or the main piece in a deal) won't land you a big fish like Duchene. But he can be traded. He does not have zero value.

- Teams end up with injuries that require a move to fill up spots (both in NHL and AHL)

A lot of variables come into play that forces a team to trade for a player they weren't willing to pick up free on waivers a few weeks earlier.

You're ignoring the possibility of negative trade value.

Negative trade value can always be traded for negative trade value.

It won't be picked up on waivers though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

We're all well aware of the constraints and variables that enter into the equation of managing assets.

However, it's quite the stretch to say he has value, when all he has, is negligible value at best. While technically negligible value is value, it's still inconsequential and doesn't justify mentions in the multiple fake trades in this thread.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
"An asset"? The guy cleared waivers and got suspended for substance abuse. He's played 7 NHL games since we traded him. Barely more than John Scott.

Or was Stefan Fournier the asset?
When we drafted him I was excited about having Tinordi. Too bad he didn't pan out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know...not the toughest player. I know, not the biggest. But with the idea to slighly improve our centerman line, when he's ready to go, make a pitch to get Bryan Little. And give something with Pleks to do so.

I know, he also seems to be regressing pointwise. Maybe a change of scenery will spark him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad