Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
So when we trade Pacioretty for a centre, who slots in as our 1/2 LWs? Lehkonen...Byron...Carr..........Terry

I understand the need for a true 2C but it makes no sense to lobotomize the LW position in the process

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If we get lee and duchene our lines

Lee-Galchenyuk -rad
PAC-Duchene-Gallagher
Carr-danault-mccaron
Byron - Mitchell- Shaw

Lehkonen extra . Third line lw is a battle between Hudon , andrighetto , Carr and lehkonen we can't keep em all

A legit top 6

Dd and pleky experiment over

We'd almost assuredly have to give up Galchenyuk for Duchenne. I like Duchene as much as anyone. His uncle was my favorite teacher in high school. He'd be ridiculously expensive to the point where it wouldn't be worth it though.

It's not like he's being shopped either.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd love to get Draisaitl. He's my favorite type of player. Not a big patch fan either so I'd be more than ok with this. Don't know how realistic it is though.

I like Patch but to me it's a buy low and sell high kind of thing. Patch is very good and has a awesome shot which will be missed but you got to give to get. Draisaitl would fit perfectly with the habs behind Chucky! And he can play LW this year while Pleky is still on the team

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So when we trade Pacioretty for a centre, who slots in as our 1/2 LWs? Lehkonen...Byron...Carr..........Terry

I understand the need for a true 2C but it makes no sense to lobotomize the LW position in the process

I see your concern but the options at LW is better in the system and also easier to address. 2nd line Center is a big issue for the Habs IMO and many others! LW options are Lehkonen, Shaw, Plekanec, Carr, Byron, Hudon.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I like Patch but to me it's a buy low and sell high kind of thing. Patch is very good and has a awesome shot which will be missed but you got to give to get. Draisaitl would fit perfectly with the habs behind Chucky! And he can play LW this year while Pleky is still on the team

I agree completely. Patch can produce. We all know this. He's also on a good contract. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of scoring for youth and physicality up front though. I also think we need an upgrade at center so that works as well. If theirs a way to obtain Draisaitl, who impresses me every time I see him, and the offer is reasonable then I say go for it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree completely. Patch can produce. We all know this. He's also on a good contract. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of scoring for youth and physicality up front though. I also think we need an upgrade at center so that works as well. If theirs a way to obtain Draisaitl, who impresses me every time I see him, and the offer is reasonable then I say go for it.

Not sure the Oilers would take Patch for Draisaitl straight up due to Patch being UFA in a few seasons but his contract is pretty darn good value wise! It sounds ridiculous but the Habs more than likely would have to offer a 1st or 2nd round pick as well

Jul 6, 2016
The only center the Oilers might want to trade to the Habs is RNH, not Draisaitl.

I would prefer Jordan Staal. Big, rh shot, can score, good on face-offs, a MT's favourite in Pittsburg.... but very expensive $$$$.....

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Not sure the Oilers would take Patch for Draisaitl straight up due to Patch being UFA in a few seasons but his contract is pretty darn good value wise! It sounds ridiculous but the Habs more than likely would have to offer a 1st or 2nd round pick as well

If you intend to go all in this year, this makes no sense. Like him or hate him, Patch at this point is vastly superior to Draisaitl especially if you plan to move Draisaitl (who's a natural center) to left wing.

The only center the Oilers might want to trade to the Habs is RNH, not Draisaitl.

I would prefer Jordan Staal. Big, rh shot, can score, good on face-offs, a MT's favourite in Pittsburg.... but very expensive $$$$.....

Staal's a left shot. I wouldn't even take him for free. Horrendous contract.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Jordan Staal is a lefty and not only that has never shown he can produce offensively. I watched him a lot in Pittsburgh and believe me when I say we are better off with just keeping Plekanec than going after a guy like Jordan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you intend to go all in this year, this makes no sense. Like him or hate him, Patch at this point is vastly superior to Draisaitl.

Really think about it... Lets swap Draisaitl for Patch on the LW (because Pleky is still #2C this season). How many goals do you think Draisaitl gets playing in the top 6 with the Habs? I think 20+ goals! Something tells me Patch's best days are behind him and he's more of a 20-30 goal scorer now with potential of 30+. Sell high strategy is all I'm saying!

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

Jordan Staal is not a rh shot.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Really think about it... Lets swap Draisaitl for Patch on the LW (because Pleky is still #2C this season). How many goals do you think Draisaitl gets playing in the top 6 with the Habs? I think 20+ goals! Something tells me Patch's best days are behind him and he's more of a 20-30 goal scorer now with potential of 30+. Sell high strategy is all I'm saying!

I'm one of the few folks who are still high on Patch. I still think he's got one of the best wrist shots in the league and still have good speed and because of those reasons he remains a top goal scorer. And hey, he's got 12 points in 16 games so far despite not playing on the top line in most of the games.

I rather deal Pleks and add all of our prospects if needed to be (minus Serge) for a center. That way, we can have two dangerous offensive duos of Chuck-Radu, Patch-Center X.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm one of the few folks who are still high on Patch. I still think he's got one of the best wrist shots in the league and still have good speed and because of those reasons he remains a top goal scorer. And hey, he's got 12 points in 16 games so far despite not playing on the top line in most of the games.

I rather deal Pleks and add all of our prospects if needed to be (minus Serge) for a center. That way, we can have two dangerous offensive duos of Chuck-Radu, Patch-Center X.

I hear you about Patch's shot. It's top 10 in the league. However, you might as well keep the line-up the same heading into the playoffs. Your not getting an upgrade over Pleky as your 2nd line center if you don't trade something in return. Prospects/picks are not going to get you what you want/need. You got to give to get!

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I hear you about Patch's shot. It's top 10 in the league. However, you might as well keep the line-up the same heading into the playoffs. Your not getting an upgrade over Pleky as your 2nd line center if you don't trade something in return. Prospects/picks are not going to get you what you want/need. You got to give to get!

If that's the case, I'll keep Patch for this season. Might reopen talks with Edm during the summer. I think this year is Mtl's best chance at the cup in a long time and trading Patch for Draisaitl (and converting Draisaitl to LW to fill Patch's spot) would make us a weaker team this year and hamper our chances.

And I think prospects do have value. Not that I will trade all of them but Juulsen + Scherbak + McCarron can definitely return a really good player. I know the old hockey cliche you gotta give to receive. But lots of recent trades are real head scratchers. Hall for Larsson, Kessel trade, Vanek's, etc. Lawson Crouse ( a 11th overall draft pick in 2015) was traded for a 2nd and a 3rd round picks.... Not every trade makes sense to the eyes of the general public.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Reports Calgary scouts attending the game tonight.
Flames GM was at the Have last game according to Pierre McGuire of ten.
I heard Dougie Hamilton's name mentioned.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

No way they do it 1 for 1. Draisaitl is younger and has a lot of potential. Just saying he'd be a great addition. Oilers would ask for a lot in return though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad