Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I know...not the toughest player. I know, not the biggest. But with the idea to slighly improve our centerman line, when he's ready to go, make a pitch to get Bryan Little. And give something with Pleks to do so.

I know, he also seems to be regressing pointwise. Maybe a change of scenery will spark him.
One team that might be able to use Pleks is Edmonton. He can help on the defensive side of things and they've got some good offensive forwards who could help get his scoring up. Not sure what they could get in return but if I were Edmonton I'd actually take a look at Pleks.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
One team that might be able to use Pleks is Edmonton. He can help on the defensive side of things and they've got some good offensive forwards who could help get his scoring up. Not sure what they could get in return but if I were Edmonton I'd actually take a look at Pleks.

i've been thinking the same thing since last year, we could throw a guy like beaulieu in there as well....or emelin

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You get the impression MB will make a move. He Has great pieces but there are still holes to fill.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Yea, I have to admit most of the times I picture a Plekanec trade, it's to the Oilers. Don't know why, but I feel like he's someone that can help stabilize their team by offering something others don't. For years they were a team full of similar type of players. Now with Hall and Yakupov gone, Lucic and Larsson in, they're diversifying the lineup and it will help them. And in the same line of thinking, I always felt Plek would be a good fit for Edmonton. And there are a number of their players that could benefit the Habs in return. However, for RNH, Draisat or Eberle, it'll take more than Plek to get the deal done.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You get the impression MB will make a move. He Has great pieces but there are still holes to fill.

Yup. I get the feeling MB won't wait to the deadline to make a big move. Usually business picks up around this time of year because the GMs meet in person tomorrow.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
Yea, I have to admit most of the times I picture a Plekanec trade, it's to the Oilers. Don't know why, but I feel like he's someone that can help stabilize their team by offering something others don't. For years they were a team full of similar type of players. Now with Hall and Yakupov gone, Lucic and Larsson in, they're diversifying the lineup and it will help them. And in the same line of thinking, I always felt Plek would be a good fit for Edmonton. And there are a number of their players that could benefit the Habs in return. However, for RNH, Draisat or Eberle, it'll take more than Plek to get the deal done.

Careful what we wish for. I get that Plek is not providing the offense as a 2C should however if we trade him who takes on the defensive workload that he provides?

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

rnh would be a good fit, draisatil well pretty much an ''intouchable'' if i was the oilers gm

for rnh it will take at least beaulieu mccarron and another prospect in addition of plekanek, but i have the feeling that everytime MB talks with chiarelli the name of gallagher comes up, and thats why it's going nowhere

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Careful what we wish for. I get that Plek is not providing the offense as a 2C should however if we trade him who takes on the defensive workload that he provides?

I'm not proposing a trade or wishing for one. I'm simply stating that if he is ever traded, I pictured Edmonton as the destination more often than I would other teams.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015

Jul 6, 2016
RNH for Plekky, Beaulieu or Patteryn . Edm might want McCarron, Sherback ???

RNH has a huge contract but he still quite young.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

It's not even just defensive workload. He has to be consistent in all 3 zones, in both directions. Who are the non-full time NHLers we've featured so far in our lineup this year? Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Carr, and Danault. Conspicuously, it's Plekanec who has been asked to help those first three ease into the league, and the 4th in a centre with little/no experience facing top 6 lines and matching up against top players across the league.

Really gotta be careful who you replace Plekanec with, because his role/responsibilities go FAR beyond just points.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Pick up RNH and Landeskog and we can roll 3 lines with all of them being top or second lines.

Lehks- Galch - Rads
Pacs - Danualt - Gally
Landy- RNH - Shaw

Looks like a top 9 ready to compete for the cup ;)
Plus the somewhat combination of Byron - Mitchell - Flynn have looked great thus far until Therrien.

RNH = Beaulieu + McCarron
Landy = No idea who the habs can offer other than Sergs. Maybe Juulsen +++

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
If this team (somehow) picked up RNH and Landeskog, hate to tell you but they walk onto this team as the de facto, no contest, without hesitiation, Line 1, and likely get Radulov on the other wing. Then the blender gets set on 'high' from there...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He would become the very best location player available. There is a cost for that.

Find me a precedent of an impending UFA getting three or four 1st rounders.

Marian Hossa, Rick Nash, and Chris Pronger are the closest analogues, and they were traded for reasonable packages.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Find me a precedent of an impending UFA getting three or four 1st rounders.

Marian Hossa, Rick Nash, and Chris Pronger are the closest analogues, and they were traded for reasonable packages.

Tavares is better than those 3 and younger. I think Habs lost a second round pick just to talk with aging Sundin.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
at this point Beaulieu is a 3rd pairing D, so I'd say no.

It may change though as he's young and can improve. (doubt he becomes more than what we see)

To be honest I don't see Beaulieu becoming more than a bottom pairing D.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Tavares is better than those 3 and younger. I think Habs lost a second round pick just to talk with aging Sundin.

No, Sundin's negotiating rights were traded for future considerations.

There is simply no precedent for an impending UFA being worth four 1st rounders or whatever you naysayers are worrying. You're not thinking about value properly.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No, Sundin's negotiating rights were traded for future considerations.

There is simply no precedent for an impending UFA being worth four 1st rounders or whatever you naysayers are worrying. You're not thinking about value properly.

agree.

four 1st rounders ?

team could just offersheet a young superstar player and keep their assets (players that would be sent with the picks).

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
agree.

four 1st rounders ?

team could just offersheet a young superstar player and keep their assets (players that would be sent with the picks).

What I suggested for Tavares was two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders, with Islanders sending Tavares and then something to help balance the cap a little. Either a little of salary retained, or taking on Desharnais.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
With montour the ducks may be willing to trade either Vatanen or fowler in the off season

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
getting sick of the stupid sedins thread on main board. the LAST thing we need is sedins..and they want juulsen, big mac and a first? LOL
at 36 and 14 million the sedins are cap dump from a non-playoff team. DO. NOT. WANT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->