Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
id take them retained for all our cap dumps. plek, dd, ghetto, dlr and a conditional 2nd. if we win cup becomes a first

anything else no thanks. theyd mostly be pp weapons in the east. too slow to keep up at ES.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I guess it is true. Most of you guys in the east never watch the west coast games because you're in bed. The Sedins would instantly upgrade our top 6 in a huge way and would pair amazingly with Gallagher. They have enough left in the tank to be big additions. We have a hole at 2C and don't really a true 2nd line LW either. The Sedins solve both.

The return likely wouldn't be what Canucks fans would hope for if they are ever dealt. It'd be hard to find a team able to take on both even with salary retention. We are one of the few teams who could as we approach the deadline. It's definitely worth exploring. We have futures to deal, I'm fine trading an assortment of picks and prospects but I would just keep Sergachev/McCarron/Juulsen off the table.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I guess it is true. Most of you guys in the east never watch the west coast games because you're in bed. The Sedins would instantly upgrade our top 6 in a huge way and would pair amazingly with Gallagher. They have enough left in the tank to be big additions. We have a hole at 2C and don't really a true 2nd line LW either. The Sedins solve both.

The return likely wouldn't be what Canucks fans would hope for if they are ever dealt. It'd be hard to find a team able to take on both even with salary retention. We are one of the few teams who could as we approach the deadline. It's definitely worth exploring. We have futures to deal, I'm fine trading picks and prospects but I would just keep Sergachev/McCarron/Juulsen off the table.

Not a chance Vancouver trades the Sedins for only picks and prospects. And if they did, we would have to give at least a Sergachev, McCarron or Juulsen.
We won't be getting the sedins for a hudon, Scherbak or de la rose...

And we won't be able to afford the sedins if we don't trade a player back. They have a 14 million cap hit combined.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Many people, myself included, said Weber was too slow. I think Sedins and Edler could be a chance worth taking.

racoon

Dec 10, 2014
I started the discussion on the main board about the sedins, seems like they is a good fit between both teams.

Original proposal:
Patch
Plex
Beaulieu
1st

Henrik
Daniel
Edler

Patch and the 1st seems to be the irritable, clearly i overpaid. Now nucks fans seems willing to take 50% of twins salary, which give us more options.

Here is my way of thinking:

Name me one team who could target both sedins in a time wise matter with their age and contract. There is none. Habs are the perfect first for them, plus they have the ressources to make it happen. Count on the twin to waive their NTC to get a cup here, it's a no brainer for em. With Gallagher on second line dutys, they'd be absolute dynamite.

Edler, at 5m till 2019, is the perfect partner for Weber. A real #1 pair. He's also a great option to take markov's LD spot when he retires.

On Montréal perspective, it's a win now stand. Best 1-2 punch in the east, best D and best goalie in the league. What's not to love?

The idea is finding a good value for both side to make it happen.
Let's say they cut 50% on the twins. Difference is 1M more then plekanec ... With beaulieu for edler is 4more million cap hit.

Something like Plekanec, Beaulieu, 1st, second and mccarron/julseen? Van would have to take desharnais as a cap dump, then can trade away Plex as a rental.

As a habs fan.... i'd be stoked af.

Patch-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Sedin-Sedin-Gallagher
Lehkonen/Carr/Guetto-Danault-Shaw
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

Edler-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

Price

Plan the parade...

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I know they're good players but have never been a Sedin fan, actually the opposite, I've always disliked them. Maybe it's the never ending boring cycle but there's a long list of players I'd want ahead of them

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'd be willing to give up some futures for the Sedins *IF* they took back DD in capspace, and MacCarron/Julseen/Sergachev were not Included. I'd fork over the excess 2nds we have, our 1st, Sherback Carr/Hudon/Ghetto/even Bitten.

They would be a HUGE addition to the PP and teams would have a hard time matching up to us...

On the other hand, there are many scenarios where we simply can't afford them or they would not be a step forward. It's an interesting target but likely not a viable one

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Habs : 2017 1st, scherbak, plekanec, deharnais, 2 seconds in 2018. Maybe add hudon
Canucks : the sedins both at 50% retuained.

2 sedins at 50% retained is 1 more million then plekanec

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What I suggested for Tavares was two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders, with Islanders sending Tavares and then something to help balance the cap a little. Either a little of salary retained, or taking on Desharnais.

It looks like every teams will offer something similar with a lot of 1st rounders except they will offer someone better than Desharnais, which value is close to nothing. I don't know if Milbury or a clone of him is still manager of the Islanders, lol, I remember crazy trades were possible. I was reading your post with great attentieon then it ends with "taking on Desharnais" and I laught.

Habs : 2017 1st, scherbak, plekanec, deharnais, 2 seconds in 2018. Maybe add hudon
Canucks : the sedins both at 50% retuained.

2 sedins at 50% retained is 1 more million then plekanec

Being the GM of Canucks I would say no. Not that there is nothing on the table but I think he would have better offers from other teams.

However, the Sedins are getting older and not so dominant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
theres no way that offer gets.topped. other teams who are playoff bound dont even have space in.their.top 6, let alone cap space. Sedins only possible.destination is Montreal so I guess.they.retire in Vancouver

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
The most likely and most realistic center Montreal gets at the deadline is Martin Hanzal,he's on a team that will not make the playoffs,last year of his contract and he brings what Montreal needs big center 6'6 and 56% on faceoffs,if there is a blockbuster deal it is most likely to happen in the off season,especially if Carey Price does not sign the 8 year max deal he will be offered this summer,if he and his wife who are both from the West,if they choose to live in the West to be closer to their families,and that is a real possibility.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
The most likely and most realistic center Montreal gets at the deadline is Martin Hanzal,he's on a team that will not make the playoffs,last year of his contract and he brings what Montreal needs big center 6'6 and 56% on faceoffs,if there is a blockbuster deal it is most likely to happen in the off season,especially if Carey Price does not sign the 8 year max deal he will be offered this summer,if he and his wife who are both from the West,if they choose to live in the West to be closer to their families,and that is a real possibility.

I think Price will end up in Colorado, if things don't pan out with the Hab's or maybe the Flames.

---------

One player I'd like to see us go after is Haydn Fleury from the Hurricanes, 7th overall pick a couple of years ago, should slot in nicely as a 2nd pairing guy, he's getting close to being NHL ready.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Radulov need a new contract next year.
Galchenyuk is in line for a very good raise.
Markov...still 11pts in 16 games so far. No contract.
We have to get at least 4 depth players (#2 goalie, 4th liners...)

Habs have $23M available for next summer (Make that $25M with the inflation).
Plekanec and or Emelin need to be included in any kind of deal for the Sedins.

Having said that, i like the idea of having $25M and no less next summer to get everybody under contract.

Alex514

May 10, 2015

Having said that, i like the idea of having $25M and no less next summer to get everybody under contract.

In other words, we cant resign both Rads and Chucky unless we get rid of Pleks, DD & Co.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015

$1.3M comes off the books next year from the Parenteau buyout as well.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
If Danault keeps developing this year he may either a) solve some of our C issues or b) bring enough value to be an asset in a package to upgrade our C position.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
I think Price will end up in Colorado, if things don't pan out with the Hab's or maybe the Flames.

---------

One player I'd like to see us go after is Haydn Fleury from the Hurricanes, 7th overall pick a couple of years ago, should slot in nicely as a 2nd pairing guy, he's getting close to being NHL ready.

Yes Colorado is one of the best fits for a blockbuster 7-8 player type of trade or San Jose.:)

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I'd call Garth Snow and offer him

:isles

Tomas Plekanec
Sven Andrighetto

:habs

Ryan Strome (draft rank status is starting to fade)
Anders Lee

(Both players are struggling hard and need to be protected for Vegas. For every game I've watched, Capuano is a god awful coach). Apparently (from Isles fans on here) they would like to upgrade 2C.

Then

:flames

1st 2017
Nikita Scherbak
David Desharnais

:habs

Mickael Backlund
Michael Ferland

Lee-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Backlund-Gallagher
Lekhonen/Danault/Ferland-Strome-Shaw
Lekhonen/Danault/Ferland-Mitchell-Byron

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If Danault keeps developing this year he may either a) solve some of our C issues or b) bring enough value to be an asset in a package to upgrade our C position.

Nope, Danault isn't getting traded anytime soon.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As things stand now, this off-season DD' 3.5, Markov's 5.75, Montoya's 950K, Flynn's 950K, and Parenteau's 1.33 come off the books for a total of 12.48M in cap space. I think it's realistic to think that Galchenyuk and Radulov can be extended at 6.5M each. That would give Galchenyuk a 3.7M raise and Radulov a 750K raise. That is a total raise of 8.03M. We'd still have 4.45M left to work with. We might extend some guys while letting others go completely.

Finally, starting July 1, 2017, you can extend Price before his final year is over. Jamie Benn just did it this past summer with Dallas. The beauty here is that both Plekanec and Emelin are coming off the books summer of 2018 (the same summer Price's new contract kicks in). Pleky's 6M and Emelin's 4.1M for a total of 10.1M. Price is currently at 6.5M. If he gets 10M, that's a raise of 3.5M. Which would leave us with an extra 6.6M.

Basically, some might fear extensions and raises and wonder how the hell we'll pull all of these key extensions off (Chucky, Radu, and Price in particular). I say need not worry. We are in much better shape than most believe. One of MB's biggest qualities is his cap management. He, his management team and the capologist are real good. In my view, one of the best in the league.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs trade Patch & 1st round pick to the Oilers for Draisaitl. 1st round pick has to be given to the Oilers for the 6 years age difference. Oilers get a 30+ LW goal scorer to play on that 2nd line and the Habs get a future 2nd line center and someone who can also play LW this season.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Habs trade Patch & 1st round pick to the Oilers for Draisaitl. 1st round pick has to be given to the Oilers for the 6 years age difference. Oilers get a 30+ LW goal scorer to play on that 2nd line and the Habs get a future 2nd line center and someone who can also play LW this season.

I'd love to get Draisaitl. He's my favorite type of player. Not a big patch fan either so I'd be more than ok with this. Don't know how realistic it is though.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I like the idea of Anders Lee. Big body, quite physical. Doesn't put up huge points but he's very useful in front of the net, especially on the PP.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
If we get lee and duchene our lines

Lee-Galchenyuk -rad
PAC-Duchene-Gallagher
Carr-danault-mccaron
Byron - Mitchell- Shaw

Lehkonen extra . Third line lw is a battle between Hudon , andrighetto , Carr and lehkonen we can't keep em all

A legit top 6

Dd and pleky experiment over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad