Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Since the Flames are going nowhere, I wouldn't mind getting Giordano at the trade deadline if they can keep part of his salary so we finally can have a genuine Top 2 D on the left to play with Weber.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't see how Jurco makes the Habs when he can't even make Detroit. Without injuries, it's unlikely that either Carr or Ghetto have roster spots so I doubt Jurco gets one. He's better with an organization that really needs young forwards: Colorado, Arizona, Vancouver & New Jersey come to mind.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Since the Flames are going nowhere, I wouldn't mind getting Giordano at the trade deadline if they can keep part of his salary so we finally can have a genuine Top 2 D on the left to play with Weber.

Other than the Kessel deal (which was only 1.2M at the end of the day), there's a reason why you don't see multiple deals where a team retains salary for a player with multiple years left on his contract, it's illogical and would handicap a team in a massive way. For them to contemplate such a thing, you'd have to overpay massively.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think we have the cap space to offer sheet Drouin at 7.5 million. That's only a 1st, 2nd and third round pick as far as I can tell. That'd either put Tampa in a cap bind or we may win out. Obviously this would be in the offseason but there is potential.

7.5 million for Drouin? Are you kidding me right now? WTF

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
How can people know that Jurco is done?

Come on, you know how player evaluations are done around here. They googled his stats.

That's how they know. What else would you need? Actually watching him play, looking at his skill set, looking at his usage, his line mates, his history?

That's all nonsense. Just look at his stats and form your opinion from there.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
How can people know that Jurco is done? Wings are his one and only team he played with. He's been PPG in the AHL after his 1st year. He asks for a trade. Does it guarantee he's the second coming of? Of course not...but that's CLEARLY the type of material you should take a chance with. People in here keeps crying about change of scenery...why can't it be good for him? And what would be the cost anyway? It's taking a chance, with somebody who does have offensive talent, and that will not cost a whole lot. No idea why we're still thinking about it.

To be fair...he's 24.

People think Ghetto will amount to nothing and he's outscored him in the QMJHL, AHL and NHL.

I'd gladly put Jurco in the AHL like Max Friberg/Ghetto and the others who are of similar age but I'm not sure its what he wants.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think we have the cap space to offer sheet Drouin at 7.5 million. That's only a 1st, 2nd and third round pick as far as I can tell. That'd either put Tampa in a cap bind or we may win out. Obviously this would be in the offseason but there is potential.

He'd be awesobe at 7.5m... peso's.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
To be fair...he's 24.

People think Ghetto will amount to nothing and he's outscored him in the QMJHL, AHL and NHL.

I'd gladly put Jurco in the AHL like Max Friberg/Ghetto and the others who are of similar age but I'm not sure its what he wants.

Again, he's been with this team from the get go. True he didn't progress as much as they thought since 2014. But wouldn't be the first player to get traded and do better once he's out from the first team that got him. Just saying....try him. What's the worst that can happen? Doesn't work? Who cares.....waiver time if it doesn't.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Again, he's been with this team from the get go. True he didn't progress as much as they thought since 2014. But wouldn't be the first player to get traded and do better once he's out from the first team that got him. Just saying....try him. What's the worst that can happen? Doesn't work? Who cares.....waiver time if it doesn't.

Are we really in a position to try him though? Are we really in a position to give him a legit shot in an offensive role?

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty
Radulov
Gallagher

are sure fire top 6 players ahead of him.

Byron
Lehkonen
Danault
Plekanec

are next tier ahead of him

Carr
Andrighetto

have proven more

McCarron
Scherbak

earned call ups and are the next wave

Desharnais

is what he is but I can't see him getting pushed for Jurco.

What's left?

Unless Jurco wants to prove himself going up and down like andrighetto I don't see where he fits. If he's asking for a trade I think it's because he feels his NHL caliber and deserves more opportunity no?

I'm all for depth but man oh man I don't see a benefit.

I'd trade DD for him and let him try to earn a spot over next 2 years I guess?

Truthfully, this isn't about Jurco being done or not. It's about how with us he wouldn't do much better. He needs a team he'll get a chance to play in.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Are we really in a position to try him though? Are we really in a position to give him a legit shot in an offensive role?

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty
Radulov
Gallagher

are sure fire top 6 players ahead of him.

Byron
Lehkonen
Danault
Plekanec

are next tier ahead of him

Carr
Andrighetto

have proven more

McCarron
Scherbak

earned call ups and are the next wave

Desharnais

is what he is but I can't see him getting pushed for Jurco.

What's left?

Unless Jurco wants to prove himself going up and down like andrighetto I don't see where he fits. If he's asking for a trade I think it's because he feels his NHL caliber and deserves more opportunity no?

I'm all for depth but man oh man I don't see a benefit.

I'd trade DD for him and let him try to earn a spot over next 2 years I guess?

Truthfully, this isn't about Jurco being done or not. It's about how with us he wouldn't do much better. He needs a team he'll get a chance to play in.

Jurco is a winger. So in the end, you do give him any type of icetime that Ghetto and Carr has. Gallagher isn't playing now. So the wingers right nwo are Pacioretty, Radulov, Byron and Lehkonen. If you decide to put him in a pure offensive role, it means putting 1 of Byron and Lehonen on a 3rd line role. And you give him a fair shot at it. I think we could do it. Nobody thought or still thinks that Byron is a top 6 solution.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Isn't the problem with Jurco that he's not fast enough for the NHL?

Great shot but no speed?

I don't see that at all. Could improve.....maybe not a top speedster...but he is a very good skater. His problems were always about consistency and defensive game mostly.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I would say you could definitely call him a top speedster.

Well I still believe he could work on his first steps, but I have no idea how people could say he's a bad skater.....something tells me they are thinking of somebody else completely....

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You must be confusing him with someone else. His best attribute, in my opinion, is his wheels. Not only does he have a tremendous top speed but his acceleration is incredible.

Very possible. I know one of their prospects has a killer shot but can't skate well. Can't remember which. Thought it was Jurco because he can't stay in the lineup.

Any idea who it is?

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Anyone seen much of Statsny lately? My understanding is he's been solid if unspectacular (especially offensively). Maybe something around a Statsny - Plekanec swap. Teams swapping centres with 1 more year on their deals. St Louis needs a change? I dunno seems unlikely without an enticing +.

Other idea is around Bjugstad for Desharnais + 2017 1st. Florida has Barkov - Trochek - Marschessauly down the middle. Frees up space after this season on Florida's cap. I'd give a 1st this year to get Bjugstad.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Anyone seen much of Statsny lately? My understanding is he's been solid if unspectacular (especially offensively). Maybe something around a Statsny - Plekanec swap. Teams swapping centres with 1 more year on their deals. St Louis needs a change? I dunno seems unlikely without an enticing +.

Other idea is around Bjugstad for Desharnais + 2017 1st. Florida has Barkov - Trochek - Marschessauly dowen the middle. Frees up space after this season on Florida's cap. I'd give a 1st this year to get Bjugstad.

Apparently, Montreal and Blues had agreed to a Plekanec - Stastny swap prior to the 2015-2016 season, but Stastny has a NTC and killed the trade. He didn't want to come to Montreal.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Other idea is around Bjugstad for Desharnais + 2017 1st. Florida has Barkov - Trochek - Marschessauly down the middle. Frees up space after this season on Florida's cap. I'd give a 1st this year to get Bjugstad.

What the heck happened to Bjugstad? 2 points in 21 games :facepalm:

WG

Sep 9, 2008
McCarron + a first + another pick for a rental Hanzal??? Hahahahaha wow that Pheonix GM is nuts. That plus the Duclair for Hamilton proposals :laugh:

Well, as the saying goes, 100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.

I sincerely doubt MB would trade Mac and a 1st plus for Hanzal, I'd probably balk at the 1st for a guy who might, stress might, be an improvement for a Galch-Danault-Plek centre corps. But if I'm the Arizona GM, and you don't have a bunch of sellers on the market, I'd ask the moon, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad