Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Tampa has no cap space when Stamkos comes back from long term injury this and next year they have to get all their RFA's signed...Johnson,Palat,Drouin,Nesterov,Sustr.......Trade that could help Montreal this year and Tampa's cap in the future.......McCarron,Juulsen,Lindgren,Pateryn or Mete and 1st round draft pick for Drouin and Filppula.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Tampa has no cap space when Stamkos comes back from long term injury this and next year they have to get all their RFA's signed...Johnson,Palat,Drouin,Nesterov,Sustr.......Trade that could help Montreal this year and Tampa's cap in the future.......McCarron,Juulsen,Lindgren,Pateryn or Mete and 1st round draft pick for Drouin and Filppula.

I don't see them moving Drouin.

Our chance was last season imo.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
According to TVA yesterday, Jurco has asked the Red Wings for a trade.

Yes, he has. He's not playing much. He's in ghetto's spot right now. A ppg in the minors, terrific speed & hands, but it's not translating to the NHL. He's bigger than Ghetto & was a 2nd round draft pick. A highly rated prospect at one time, but is a part timer in Detroit.

I don't see him adding much to the Habs but I can see Vancouver looking at him. They want forwards & are willing to trade D. Detroit could use D especially RHD so I see them as good trading partners.

MB will look at players who are already NHL material, who can help the team rather than unknowns like Jurco.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Yes, he has. He's not playing much. He's in ghetto's spot right now. A ppg in the minors, terrific speed & hands, but it's not translating to the NHL. He's bigger than Ghetto & was a 2nd round draft pick. A highly rated prospect at one time, but is a part timer in Detroit.

I don't see him adding much to the Habs but I can see Vancouver looking at him. They want forwards & are willing to trade D. Detroit could use D especially RHD so I see them as good trading partners.

MB will look at players who are already NHL material, who can help the team rather than unknowns like Jurco.

Or does Jurco have the offensive upside that would make him a potential bargainbin selection?

Big guy that can skate and knows how to score... Nothing wrong with taking a chance on that. I'd prefer Jurco over Carr.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Montreal is also up against the cap, your proposal would never work because we're taking on salary without giving any of it back.

Habs also have to resign Galchenyuk, Radulov, Beaulieu who are all due for raises

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006

hilarious and delusional

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB

He's worse then Andrighetto by far, don't let his stickhandling and videos trick ya.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I don't really see us needing anymore depth forwards. We need top 6 guys or depth defence.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How can people know that Jurco is done? Wings are his one and only team he played with. He's been PPG in the AHL after his 1st year. He asks for a trade. Does it guarantee he's the second coming of? Of course not...but that's CLEARLY the type of material you should take a chance with. People in here keeps crying about change of scenery...why can't it be good for him? And what would be the cost anyway? It's taking a chance, with somebody who does have offensive talent, and that will not cost a whole lot. No idea why we're still thinking about it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
How can people know that Jurco is done? Wings are his one and only team he played with. He's been PPG in the AHL after his 1st year. He asks for a trade. Does it guarantee he's the second coming of? Of course not...but that's CLEARLY the type of material you should take a chance with. People in here keeps crying about change of scenery...why can't it be good for him? And what would be the cost anyway? It's taking a chance, with somebody who does have offensive talent, and that will not cost a whole lot. No idea why we're still thinking about it.

I get where you're coming from but what differentiates Jurco from Ghetto/Carr?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I get where you're coming from but what differentiates Jurco from Ghetto/Carr?

I don't see Carr as a pure offensive talent. And I see Jurco as a bigger version of Ghetto. With Jurco is a pure try at an offensive top 6 homerun. If not, it's bye bye. NOt that long ago, Bergevin would have made a deal Ghetto for Jurco and people in here would have said that it was, while minor, a very good deal because Ghetto was doing nothing. And Jurco still has some promise to his game and probably just couldn't wait to get out of Detroit to explode. Now...Ghetto is doing better so people don't see the upgrade.....but I'd love to see it. And it doesn't mean to unload Ghetto to get Jurco.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't see Carr as a pure offensive talent. And I see Jurco as a bigger version of Ghetto. With Jurco is a pure try at an offensive top 6 homerun. If not, it's bye bye. NOt that long ago, Bergevin would have made a deal Ghetto for Jurco and people in here would have said that it was, while minor, a very good deal because Ghetto was doing nothing. And Jurco still has some promise to his game and probably just couldn't wait to get out of Detroit to explode. Now...Ghetto is doing better so people don't see the upgrade.....but I'd love to see it. And it doesn't mean to unload Ghetto to get Jurco.

Fair enough, I did read that Babcock/Blashill have both been trying to turn him into a player he's not, so it might be a case of Latendresse where a player is utilized the wrong way by his coach. Now here's the thing, with a coach like Boucher, I'd be confident in this reclamation project but with Therrien, oof, Therrien is pretty rigid on his system and unless you have talent like Vanek, you'll end up on the bench.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's more a limited spots and opportunities thing to me. We already have a hard time giving guys like Mac, Hudon and Sherbak opportunities, why add a guy like Jurco to that mix ?

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
McCarron + a first + another pick for a rental Hanzal??? Hahahahaha wow that Pheonix GM is nuts. That plus the Duclair for Hamilton proposals :laugh:

HaZiKaN

Apr 29, 2009
Quebec
What about

To Canadiens:

John Tavares
Anthony Beauvillier

To Islanders:

Alex Galchenyuk
Tomas Plekanec
Micheal McCarron
2017 1st pick

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Montreal is also up against the cap, your proposal would never work because we're taking on salary without giving any of it back.

Habs also have to resign Galchenyuk, Radulov, Beaulieu who are all due for raises
Actually Filppula's contract has been mostly paid by the trade deadline,just put DD on waivers that saves 950,000 and next year Radulov me be too rich for Montreal if he wants a 5 year deal,so he might not be back at all,small raise for Beaulieu and Montreal has DD 3.5 and Markov 5.7 and PAP 1.3 and Flynn 950,000 all coming off the books at the end of the season not to mention Emelin 4.1 could be taken by Las Vegas and Plekanec could be traded 50% retained.:)

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Actually Filppula's contract has been mostly paid by the trade deadline,just put DD on waivers that saves 950,000 and next year Radulov me be too rich for Montreal if he wants a 5 year deal,so he might not be back at all,small raise for Beaulieu and Montreal has DD 3.5 and Markov 5.7 and PAP 1.3 and Flynn 950,000 all coming off the books at the end of the season not to mention Emelin 4.1 could be taken by Las Vegas and Plekanec could be traded 50% retained.:)

I think we have the cap space to offer sheet Drouin at 7.5 million. That's only a 1st, 2nd and third round pick as far as I can tell. That'd either put Tampa in a cap bind or we may win out. Obviously this would be in the offseason but there is potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad