GDT: ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Leafs:, | 8pm, | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Well well well. Welcome back class, the BwO is now in session, please take notes, it might be on the test.

We have some business to attend to first. Let it be known, from the BwO Santa's Village office in the Arctic, to BwO Sydney, Auzzie's Regional Association Community Oureach Centre, the BwO mourns the loss of the only Bob Cole.

Here's some moments from him to us:

We could do a thousand more. Like, literally. The BwO thanks Mr. Robert Cole for the memories, wishes nothing but the best to his friends and family who have lost him in their lives, comfortable that he lived one heck of a life that impacted so many positively, and may he RIP.

-----------

We move on.

Hello main board, from the BwO, and hello to our fellow Bruins hockey fanatics that have so kindly received my words on their board over the years. Great board.

I have here insider info, the BwO recently received this exclusive video of the Grim Reaver following game 3:

Something actually about the game you ask? lol.. you people. Ok, we expect Nylander in, but maybe not? But probably? Ullmark or Swayman? You tell me. We'll figure it out tonight on the ice right? Lots of time and lots of posters to fill in the blanks.

Take us home, Metallica. Do. Unto. Others. As. They've. Done. To. You.

Remember,
Once You're BwO
You're BwO

For
Life

Go Leafs Go.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Another year, another playoffs where Matthews' goalscoring falls off a cliff.

Guy is now 26, at his absolute peak, still hasn't learned how to play playoff hockey and likely never will. Honestly just feel bad for Leaf's management to be given two Tier 1 regular season superstars that are this hard to walk away from. All you can do is hope they figure it out next year, every year.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
1000005868.gif

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Big game tonight (huge understatement).

The Bruins will likely go with Linus Ullmark tonight, and I’m okay with that. Ullmark played very well in Game 2 and wasn’t even remotely the reason the Bruins lost. I think Jeremy Swayman would have lost Game 2, also, so I don’t mind the rotation.

Tonight’s game, in my opinion, will be decided by Toronto’s game plan. Are they going to try to be overly physical and let the game be decided by special teams? Or are they going to play a disciplined game and lean on their advantage at the forward positions (at even strength)?

Honestly, it will probably all come down to the puck possession battles along the boards. Just like almost any other game.

Another nail-biter coming up, I think.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Part of me wants Toronto to win and take the series to 7 since the other series I wanted is about to sweep

But the meltdowns if Boston wins early, the summer articles, the over analysis, the Marner speculation

And at some point maybe a Bruins-Panthers rematch would be a cool storyline.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
A Bruin victory would be so sweet if for no other reason than listening to Sports net and TSN . I think the only way a Canadian hockey fan can get any creditable playoff coverage is with the elimination of the Leafs. I suspect if this was the case they would still spend most of there broadcast finding a way to discuss the Leafs. Every team has some Canadian players and Canada has more than one NHL team

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
That would be a huge mistake by Boston’s coach (again), it would literally hand the Leafs another lifeline.
But what if they end up losing with Swayman? Could say they 'upset' the tandem and screwed themselves not only for game 4 but the rest of the series... Such a hard decision.

Toronto really is lucky having 0 NHL level starting goaltenders instead of 2 like Boston. Really takes the over 'thinking' and 'planning' out of the game and just let's you play naturally. That's where the best hockey comes from.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Big game tonight (huge understatement).

The Bruins will likely go with Linus Ullmark tonight, and I’m okay with that. Ullmark played very well in Game 2 and wasn’t even remotely the reason the Bruins lost. I think Jeremy Swayman would have lost Game 2, also, so I don’t mind the rotation.

Tonight’s game, in my opinion, will be decided by Toronto’s game plan. Are they going to try to be overly physical and let the game be decided by special teams? Or are they going to play a disciplined game and lean on their advantage at the forward positions (at even strength)?

Honestly, it will probably all come down to the puck possession battles along the boards. Just like almost any other game.

Another nail-biter coming up, I think.
We can play physical without taking penalties and I don't think us being physical was getting away from our game either. We only took 3 penalties....there is an expectation that you are going to take some penalties in a game. You have to kill them. Or at the very least a hell of a lot better then whatever the f*** last game was. Special teams are going to be a factor regardless of the physicality and if the Leafs don't figure it out and fast it will likely be the reason the series is lost.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
But what if they end up losing with Swayman? Could say they 'upset' the tandem and screwed themselves not only for game 4 but the rest of the series... Such a hard decision.
If they lose with Swayman at this point they would do so with the knowledge that they followed the playbook of 99.9% of prior Cup winners. Nobody could fault them for that.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
We can play physical without taking penalties and I don't think us being physical was getting away from our game either. We only took 3 penalties....there is an expectation that you are going to take some penalties in a game. You have to kill them. Or at the very least a hell of a lot better then whatever the f*** last game was. Special teams are going to be a factor regardless of the physicality and if the Leafs don't figure it out and fast it will likely be the reason the series is lost.
A fair take, but I think that the Leafs are trying to be physical at the expense of their other strengths, if that makes sense. They might be trying a little too hard, is what I'm getting at.

Oh, well. The Bruins and Leafs will hash this out. All we can do is watch.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
A fair take, but I think that the Leafs are trying to be physical at the expense of their other strengths, if that makes sense. They might be trying a little too hard, is what I'm getting at.

Oh, well. The Bruins and Leafs will hash this out. All we can do is watch.
[/QUOTE

Reactions: Summer Rose

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
A Bruin victory would be so sweet if for no other reason than listening to Sports net and TSN . I think the only way a Canadian hockey fan can get any creditable playoff coverage is with the elimination of the Leafs. I suspect if this was the case they would still spend most of there broadcast finding a way to discuss the Leafs. Every team has some Canadian players and Canada has more than one NHL team

With the internet you are still watching tv? There as so many YouTube channels that fans of teams make(some of them are very good and they put in a lot of work) , there is HfBoards and other forums and other social media platforms, where you can focus just on your own team.

I stopped watching Sportsnet and TSN analysis long time ago because they prefer certain teams, so f*** them.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
What the f*** is a BwO? What is this game thread?

Usually takes Leafers until after elimination to start losing it completely. Interesting developments
The Buds world Order is a worldwide association dedicated to irrational Leaf fandom, general fun, and also funds the Leafs covert anti-propaganda operations through money press 7 in sub-basement C Argentina division and nothing else.

We lost it completely when JFJ traded Rask, and we’ve never recovered. If you’re looking for logic searching around Leaf fans is not your starting point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad