Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Isn't Hanzal always tasked with matching up against the best centers of the west?

If it was Big Mac + Cond 1st on Hanzal resigning here, I wouldn't feel so bad about it, but if that's the price than that's the price.

I dont think that Hanzal is a big enough upgrade on Plek and Danault to make it worth loosing Big Mac

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
With our Right Wing looking good with Radulov-Gallagher-Shaw (even if Gallagher is having a down year, he can get it going at any time.)

Imagine our Left Wing consisting of Pacioretty-Landeskog-Lehkonen. Sounds pretty good.

And I love Byron and he's been amazing for us this year. But I can imagine a Byron-Mitchell-Flynn 4th line and we are in real good shape, particularly on the wings if we land Landeskog.

However, I name all of these names but I'm pretty sure one of them will have to go the other way to make the cap work. Can't only give prospects and picks to bring in a guy who makes 5.57M.

For this Year, If you give DD as a cap dump im sure its possible.. DD right now should be use as a 3.5M extra on the salary cap

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'm pretty sure that's how Bergy got Vanek. He gave them an offer and then when the Islanders couldn't get the deal they wanted they took Bergy's offer.

There is a method to negotiation. Choose what you will pay and never deviate from it If the other side does not accept it.

Walk away. Every time. Walk away. Be prepared to walk away.

Make them come back. Never come back yourself.

Never be the one to break.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Relax about Hanzal and what Friedman wrote. Based on history, Bergevin is the one that swindles GMs. He's not going to be had by a 30 year old nerd that happens to be good at Excel.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Which isn't a big loss for NOW

but probably in the FUTURE

I highly doubt Sergachev is ready to replace Markov in the next 2-3 years.

We still need to sign a veteran top 4 d anyway

2 to 3 years. Don't think so. Every other team in the NHL has to replace a player like Markov in the next two years. And serge is probably a top 5 candidate to be a great replacement in the next 2 years compared to 25 other teams.

Please be aware of time and context.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
McCarron for Hanzel is the kind of trade you do when Hanzel is 4 years younger and not broken. You could compare it to the Schenn /Simmonds trade for Richards which Flyers got good value on and helped the Kings win their 1st cup. Richards was also signed long term.

But Richards 4 years later was no where near the value of what the Kings paid for him.

Hanzel is better than an older Richards, but he is still too old, too broken and has no contract for next year. McCarron may end up as merely a 4th liner, but because of his size and his ability, the fact that he is on an ELC, the fact his next contract should be fairly low and that he is exempt from the expansion draft means he has good value league wide.

He's a prospect you put into a trade for Landeskog, since Colorado wants a 1st, an NHL ready prospect or young player, and a top prospect.

The other option is to trade McCarron for a young D.

On top of that, the development of Danault as a centre means our center position is not nearly as bad as it was earlier in the year. Pleks has picked up his play and Danault has solidified his spot. We no longer need Hanzel.

Landeskog though is an MT/MB type player & is signed. We also need D more than we need Hanzel. The ask for Hanzel is a freakin joke.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I really like the idea of adding Landeskog, but ideally want to keep Serg (not sure we can):

Assuming we can add a top 4 LHD by other means, Beaulieu + McCarron + 2017 1st/Fucale* + 2017 2nd

*I've heard COL has interest in goalie prospects as well.

Obviously in the main board this would be considered a quantity for quality deal - and it probably is in some regard - but I think this might actually make some sense for Colorado.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
We are still a month away from deadline, it's only normal the prices are really high right now.

When Hanzal isn't traded on TD day, Arizone will be giving hi away for a 2nd or 3rd...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
when we get Markov back, is like a a pick up, we have not had him in some time

Yup, but we will still be missing help on the blue line. If we want to make a deep run, we need another solid top 5 D that can come in at any time in case of an injury.

Pittsburgh got Schultz last year, and he did very well when Maatta missed some games to injury

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Might not change a whole lot right now....but let's try to acquire Tomas Jurco or Andreas Athanasiou. Free Athanasiou from the Wings!!!

Friedman's 30 thoughts this week said that Jurco is available. He's asked for a fresh start somewhere else since he's not playing a lot. I'm not sure what his value is at this point.

I wonder if the Wings are going to make some players available at the TDL. There's not a lot heard from them but this would be a good year for them to retool.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There is a method to negotiation. Choose what you will pay and never deviate from it If the other side does not accept it.

Walk away. Every time. Walk away. Be prepared to walk away.

Make them come back. Never come back yourself.

Never be the one to break.
I agree with this philosophy.

One caveat, you can start negotiating at something lower than you're willing to pay. If somebody is willing to take it... great. If not, you negotiate to a point where you give up at most what you set the value at. But you don't go above what you think the player is worth and if they aren't willing to make the deal, you walk.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Hanzal is barely or not even an upgrade over Plekanec. If we're ready to lose assets and high picks we need to target some real upgrades.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Friedman's 30 thoughts this week said that Jurco is available. He's asked for a fresh start somewhere else since he's not playing a lot. I'm not sure what his value is at this point.

I wonder if the Wings are going to make some players available at the TDL. There's not a lot heard from them but this would be a good year for them to retool.

According to TVA yesterday, Jurco has asked the Red Wings for a trade.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Hanzal is barely or not even an upgrade over Plekanec. If we're ready to lose assets and high picks we need to target some real upgrades.

That's exactly my thoughts as well, if Bergevin is willing to trade 1st + MM for example, then add another piece or 2 and go big for Duchene for example. On top of that, he is signed and we wouldn't be dealing with a rental

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Some people have some serious insecurity when it comes to the scientific domain.

I'm sorry but does being 27 and really good at math make you a good negotiator?

I'm not insecure about science. I'm laughing because they gave the job to someone that doesn't deserve it.

And Marc Bergevin, who has been in an NHL front office for years and grew up around the game, is not going to get bested by a child with an MBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad