Trade Deadline Thread | 2/26 3PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I watch a lot of Blues games. I think we would be hugely disappointed in either one. Seems like they are non-existent most nights. Sobotka is not the player he was after returning to the Blues. Pass.
Berglund is basically a whooping boy in their threads.

Someone is so in love with his draft choices :)

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
That is why I see little to no chance of a Wennberg trade. It would be an admission against interest for JK to acknowledge that he blew three first round picks in his first draft.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
That is why I see little to no chance of a Wennberg trade. It would be an admission against interest for JK to acknowledge that he blew three first round picks in his first draft.

No it wouldn't. Also, I really doubt he cares. He didn't care when he traded the other 2. If he can make the team better, he will trade anyone. If you don't like the moves our FO makes, fine. I am so tired of all the things that are made up to try to make him look bad. These things just aren't true. I mean, before Ian Cole, how many former draft picks has Jarmo traded for? Besides, all general managers and coaches like their former players and draft picks.

Reactions: Monk and Viqsi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Please tell me who he should have drafted instead. IIRC Mantha was the only guy who he could have drafted 14th instead of Wennberg. If you are suggesting he should have traded the picks that has some validity assuming that someone was willing to trade down.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He’s a 2C for Buffalo solely because Eichel is their 1C. Your point lacks credibility. Even PLD would be a 2C for Buffalo. Oh, and last time I checked, he’s a 1C playing first line minutes while Eichel’s been out.

xbk8w8.jpg
You mean the same Buffalo that's in last place in the east?

He's a good player, but nowhere near almost 8 million...

Reactions: Sore Loser

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jfc give it up, this is Wennberg's first bad season in four seasons. Players have bad seasons, that doesn't mean your dump them right away.

Reactions: Viqsi and Monk

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I might be inclined to keep JJ and have a legit dcore.
Werenski Jones
Cole Murray
Johnson Savard is pretty solid.

Trade picks + Milano/Jenner for scoring and we might have something

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I might be inclined to keep JJ and have a legit dcore.
Werenski Jones
Cole Murray
Johnson Savard is pretty solid.

Trade picks + Milano/Jenner for scoring and we might have something
Until they both walk this off season :laugh:

I think Nutti will take over for Johnson just fine.

When healthy, Nuti's been great. Does a good job moving the puck up the ice out of the defensive zone. Just trade Johnson and be done with it, and I like what our blue line looks like heading down the stretch.

Now Jarmo needs to go acquire a top-6 forward (no real preference on C/W). Just someone that'll slot everyone on to the proper line. Jenner most definitely should be in play for a trade.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jfc give it up, this is Wennberg's first bad season in four seasons. Players have bad seasons, that doesn't mean your dump them right away.
If we can use Wennberg as a piece to upgrade the center position , for example RNH, I’ll drive him to the airport myself . Yes players have bad seasons , but Wennbergs is because he’s soft , he doesn’t listen to his coaches , and got beat out by a 19 year old rookie that’s played center for 2 years . Don’t lose the fact that Torts after the Chicago game , said PlD had balls , and that certain players could learn a lot from him . That was a shot , right across Poo’s bow.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Can you give me a fair assessment of JJ? Thanks!

Hard worker, likeable guy, physical, good shot. Tries to do too much, but a good player when the game is on the line. Really at his best when he keeps it simple though, he can get caught watching or completely out of position.

Classic case of all the tools and no toolbox.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That's the first thing that came to mind for me, but not really. Not sure who I'd be interested in, realistically, from the Ducks.
I've heard Silfverbergs name a few times in the main boards maybe bring him in as a slightly bigger deal.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Hard worker, likeable guy, physical, good shot. Tries to do too much, but a good player when the game is on the line. Really at his best when he keeps it simple though, he can get caught watching or completely out of position.

Classic case of all the tools and no toolbox.

Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad