Trade Deadline Thread | 2/26 3PM

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Would be amenable to Galchenyuk, since that's who I wanted Howson to take. I know the Habs would want PLD, but if they would go for Wenny plus, I would consider it. The problem is if it was a deadline deal, it would kill the 2nd center position for the final push. Not that Wenny is doing much better than what Dubi or even Galchenyuk could do even though he's been playing wing.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Finally an appropriate thread title. Instead of “our glaring weakness at center”

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
C'mon Yarmo, make a splash! After the Letestu game changer, I know it'll be hard. How about this:

Logan Shaw, Byron Froese, Jacob Delarose, Victor Mete and a 4th for Gerbe, Schroeder, Motte, and Harrington.
Rock the hockey world!

Reactions: Sore Loser

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Would be amenable to Galchenyuk, since that's who I wanted Howson to take. I know the Habs would want PLD, but if they would go for Wenny plus, I would consider it. The problem is if it was a deadline deal, it would kill the 2nd center position for the final push. Not that Wenny is doing much better than what Dubi or even Galchenyuk could do even though he's been playing wing.

I'm still not sold that Galchenyuk is a huge upgrade over Wennberg.

Maybe straight up or with a minor piece involved, but otherwise I think we're selling low on a talented young player. Again.

See: Voracek, Jakub and Brassard, Derick.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
@PanarinDangles9 brought up an interesting point about claiming Chris Stewart on waivers. Might not be a bad idea. His deal expires after this year (1.15 mill), he's a right handed shot, an energy guy who can pitch in secondary scoring, and has some snarl to him. I'd much rather have him than Nathan Gerbe, Tyler Motte, Jokinen, and other trash we've had up here.

When healthy

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert(?)-Letestu-Stewart
Sedlak

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
@PanarinDangles9 brought up an interesting point about claiming Chris Stewart on waivers. Might not be a bad idea. His deal expires after this year (1.15 mill), he's a right handed shot, an energy guy who can pitch in secondary scoring, and has some snarl to him. I'd much rather have him than Nathan Gerbe, Tyler Motte, Jokinen, and other trash we've had up here.

When healthy

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert(?)-Letestu-Stewart
Sedlak
:dunno: I suppose it could work. I mean, I know rebuilding the fourth line isn't the sexiest or most earth-shaking move in the world, but it could help.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
:dunno: I suppose it could work. I mean, I know rebuilding the fourth line isn't the sexiest or most earth-shaking move in the world, but it could help.

When its been as useless as its been this year, it needs changed. Sedlak has regressed badly after his ankle injury and cannot be trusted anymore. Calvert might not be here, but he's an energy guy. Obviously we just got Letestu.

It was a staple for us last year with secondary scoring, and in 2014 it was an ultimate energy machine that fueled the team. I'm not saying a good 4th line will fix our teams issues, but itll help.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I'm still not sold that Galchenyuk is a huge upgrade over Wennberg.

Maybe straight up or with a minor piece involved, but otherwise I think we're selling low on a talented young player. Again.

See: Voracek, Jakub and Brassard, Derick.
How long do you hang on waiting for certain players to break through. He has regressed this year, and may be injury related, earlier concussion? It seems to always come back to bite this team in the ass when players are given a change of scenery and immediately put it together.

Time to upgrade or get off the pot. Your point taken that Galchenyuk may not be that player.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Trading Wennberg for Galchenyuk would be a massive error. This is a guy I watched JR tear to pieces because his lack of defensive play or hustle. Defensively would be a massive downgrade and it's questionable whether or not he's an offensive upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sore Loser

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
How long do you hang on waiting for certain players to break through. He has regressed this year, and may be injury related, earlier concussion? It seems to always come back to bite this team in the ass when players are given a change of scenery and immediately put it together.

Time to upgrade or get off the pot. Your point taken that Galchenyuk may not be that player.

Galchenyuk may have a few more points, but it's not enough to make up for his constant lack of hustle or care, and his glaring -27 on the season.

I agree that Wennberg has struggled, which is why selling him low would be a mistake. He is one year removed from 59 points and I think he can get there again. Not many guys still on their ELC put up those kind of numbers. At this point, we have to hope he bounces back.

I don't disagree that an upgrade would be great, I just don't see it in Galchenyuk. If we're going to try to upgrade Wennberg, why not aim high and hope for Tavares or someone like that?

Reactions: Jaxs

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Trading Wennberg for Galchenyuk would be a massive error. This is a guy I watched JR tear to pieces because his lack of defensive play or hustle. Defensively would be a massive upgrade and it's questionable whether or not he's an offensive upgrade.
My patience has worn pretty thin with Wennberg. It wouldn't be wise to trade him now without a replacement of =/> value at this point of season.

Wennberg has played better as of late, but have always expected more out of him. Galchenyuk most likely couldn't come in and play the 2C and thrive. I like him as a winger but doubt Kek could trade for him w/out sending Wennberg the other way.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Commie is saying that Tavares for Tarasenko is going down :eek:

He also said that Evander Kane was on his way to Columbus and I’ve literally heard not a single insider report anything about this. Elliotte Friedman was on sportsnet last night during the Oilers intermission.. he was asked about Kane and mentioned 3 teams that could be a fit and the Jackets were not one of the 3 teams mentioned.

This dude seems to tweet because he thinks he’s funny and thinks he has some credibility because of his past NHL career.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

ROR?
Best faceoff guy in the league. He has 44 points for a team ranked dead last in scoring. 44 points would be 2nd best on our team. Big cap hit (7.5 mil) but we have enough space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad