Trade Deadline Thread | 2/26 3PM

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

ROR?
Best faceoff guy in the league. He has 44 points for a team ranked dead last in scoring. 44 points would be 2nd best on our team. Big cap hit (7.5 mil) but we have enough space.

The price would be steep, but he'd be a top six here.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
No thanks. The cap hit doesn't match what he brings.

.... how not?

44 points (would be 2nd best on our team as I said above)
18 goals (would be tied for best on our team)
26 assists (would be 3rd best on our team)
60 percent faceoffs (would be best on our team by miles).

I literally don’t understand at all how you can say “the cap hit doesn’t match what he brings”.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
.... how not?

I literally don’t understand at all how you can say “the cap hit doesn’t match what he brings”.

People bitch about Bobrovsky's dollars and he wins a Vezina... but want to bring in a 7.5m cap hit second liner?

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Sobotka is lazy as ****. He left them for KHL because he didn't get his $, got his contract before playoffs last year and now just coasting..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cbjfaninmo

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Sobotka is lazy as ****. He left them for KHL because he didn't get his $, got his contract before playoffs last year and now just coasting..

Oh I have no interest in Sobotka either, I posted those two tweets because Stastny is a guy I'd keep an eye on

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
People ***** about Bobrovsky's dollars and he wins a Vezina... but want to bring in a 7.5m cap hit second liner?

He’s a 2C for Buffalo solely because Eichel is their 1C. Your point lacks credibility. Even PLD would be a 2C for Buffalo. Oh, and last time I checked, he’s a 1C playing first line minutes while Eichel’s been out.

xbk8w8.jpg

Reactions: The Bread Man

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
We would have to send a significant contract back to Buffalo in order to make it work. Or include Jenner in a potential deal. Problem is, is that Jarmo won't be willing to give up significant futures in pretty much any deal.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
He’s a 2C for Buffalo solely because Eichel is their 1C. Your point lacks credibility. Even PLD would be a 2C for Buffalo. Oh, and last time I checked, he’s a 1C playing first line minutes while Eichel’s been out.

xbk8w8.jpg

His career high is 64 points, with several 55 point years sprinkled in. That's on par with what we got out of Wennberg last year, and the pace Dubois has been on since November.

He's a second line player, barring one season of above average output. That isn't worth $7+ million per year.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He also said that Evander Kane was on his way to Columbus and I’ve literally heard not a single insider report anything about this. Elliotte Friedman was on sportsnet last night during the Oilers intermission.. he was asked about Kane and mentioned 3 teams that could be a fit and the Jackets were not one of the 3 teams mentioned.

This dude seems to tweet because he thinks he’s funny and thinks he has some credibility because of his past NHL career.

That's exactly what he's doing. People need to stop using him as a source. It was funny the first year or so but the act has gone dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
.... how not?

He's got 5 years left to run on essentially a contract which can't be bought out.
Ryan O'Reilly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

He's probably peaked as well.

Not saying that he wouldn't help the team, but I think that $7.5m worth of AAV could find more productive uses.

Reactions: Sore Loser

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

ROR?
Best faceoff guy in the league. He has 44 points for a team ranked dead last in scoring. 44 points would be 2nd best on our team. Big cap hit (7.5 mil) but we have enough space.

Throw them Wennberg and Savard and prospect bingo bongo.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reminder that if you have NHL Network, they are showing Sportsnets Trade Deadline coverage starting at 8AM-4PM I believe. They had Friedman, Kypreos, etc.

If you have WatchESPN, they are doing a TSN live stream of their Tradecentre show, starting at 8AM on ESPN3. They are also airing TSN coverage on ESPN2 starting at 2PM. They have McKenzie and Dreger.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Also just a side note hopefully we can keep this thread active through 4 tomorrow because I won't have much time tomorrow to watch the NHL network or go thread by thread in the trade section. My dog unfortunately is on the losing side of a 3 year battle with diabetes and tomorrow around 10 is when we take her to the vet to be laid to rest. She's been with me through 3 major back surgeries and never left my side knowing I was in pain. Slept with me in chairs when I couldn't lay in beds. She barked every time the damn cannon went off on the TV but I know that was her way of cheering on the jackets haha.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Also just a side note hopefully we can keep this thread active through 4 tomorrow because I won't have much time tomorrow to watch the NHL network or go thread by thread in the trade section. My dog unfortunately is on the losing side of a 3 year battle with diabetes and tomorrow around 10 is when we take her to the vet to be laid to rest. She's been with me through 3 major back surgeries and never left my side knowing I was in pain. Slept with me in chairs when I couldn't lay in beds. She barked every time the damn cannon went off on the TV but I know that was her way of cheering on the jackets haha.
Sorry to hear.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

We just laid our 13 year old dog down last month, me and my 8 year old both took it really hard.

Best wishes, sorry for what you are going through. They truly are part of the family!

Reactions: mikeyp24

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Very sorry to hear about this. So sorry that you had to make the difficult decision with her.

Take care.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3