Trade Deadline Thread | 2/26 3PM

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Hypothetical question until Anderson is healthy, then obviously a reality

who comes out?
My guess would be Calvert, but it’ll probably depend on who’s hot and who’s not kinda thing.
But Calvert has really been a disappointment, and pretty much invisible since the first 20ish games of the season.

Edit: well yeah Milano seems like a safe bet now that I think about it. Definitely don’t see Tors keeping Milano in over Matty under any circumstances. Which is a shame considering the skill and flashes Milano has shown.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Hypothetical question until Anderson is healthy, then obviously a reality

who comes out?
Unless Sonny really bombs or the the 22-71-28 line doesn't generate offense in the games leading up to Andy's return, I'd like to seem him stay. The issue is the 1st line is set as seemingly is the 38-10-26 line. He's not a 4th line guy. As it stands now, Torts sees his current 4th line in the role that a coach used to employ a 3rd line checkingnline......I will say this. If Torts lives up to his word that those playing well will be the guys he plays, then Dubi's not out of the question. His last dozen games have been most noteworthy for the penalties he's taken. His minutes are down, but in those minutes he has not played well. BUT I can't see Dubi sitting nor can I see Milano or Bjork on the 4th line.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
As to who comes out when Anderson returns, I could see it being Bjork. I have been watching him closely for the past two games. He is active on the ice but nothing seems to come of it. He is out there working but he has nothing to show for it. At least Sonny is generating offensive chances.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Panarin-DuBois-Atkinson
Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Wennberg-Vanek
Letestu-Dubi-Calvert

if the Jackets are still winning maybe Andy sits a bit? Other than that it can be Bjork, Calvert, Milano, Letestu. Could depend on matchups but it would be nice to have a set line up going into the playoffs. If we fall off playoff pace, who cares? I guess I'd sit Bjork first and see how it goes.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I've thought more about what next when Andy returns and slightly modified my take. Andy will need a few games to get back into the flow. With that in mind, I'd use him for a pair of games on the 4th line to get him into rhythm at 10-11 minutes and then determine where he slots into the top 9. While it'd seem to default to Matty to sit, I'd consider sitting Dubi for those two games. Dubi stat line - Last 16 games , two points; last 12 games 0 points, 10 PIM, minus-5. Only his FO work would be missed.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
After spending way too many games as a 0-1-2 goal production team, we have scored 3 or more in 5 of the 7 games since the trade....oh, and won them all. In the 2 losses, we scored 2 goals in each.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Are people finally beginning to appreciate the surgical precision of Jarmo's TDL moves ???

pzv5j7l.jpg

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I can't imagine any scenario where Anderson sits when he's ready. He's a huge part of this team. The odd man out would likely be Milano or Calvert. With the way some of these guys are playing lately, it's putting the CBJ in the rather fantastic position of being able to sit guys who are playing pretty well.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I can't imagine any scenario where Anderson sits when he's ready. He's a huge part of this team. The odd man out would likely be Milano or Calvert. With the way some of these guys are playing lately, it's putting the CBJ in the rather fantastic position of being able to sit guys who are playing pretty well.
I feel like some of the guys know that and are playing their asses off, nobody wants to be the guy pushed off and put on the chopping block. I don' tthink Calvert is realistic if he plays like he played last night, I mean he should have had a hat trick, he came so close so many times.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad