Trade Deadline Thread | 2/26 3PM

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
All in all a good day for the Jackets...adding Letestu, Cole & Vanek for essentially nothing makes the team better for the stretch run and doesn't impact the future. Sent a message tot he team that hey management still believes ( a little).

My sense is that no one wanted JJ enough to pony up a 2nd or a good prospect. Doesn't bode well for his free agency imo.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
good-day.gif

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Pfff. Jarmo can only make trades with GM's who are incompetent. Let's fire him so that we can bring in our own incompetent GM and level the playing field.

Reactions: Viqsi and mikeyp24

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Cole is the only member of the CBJ to have won a Stanley Cup. He may be the only one (other than Vanek) who has ever appeared in the Conference Finals in the NHL playoffs.

The Jackets are very, very lean on successful playoff experience among its players. If he's a guy with leadership qualities he could be a very valuable locker room presence.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Cole is the only member of the CBJ to have won a Stanley Cup. He may be the only one (other than Vanek) who has ever appeared in the Conference Finals in the NHL playoffs.

The Jackets are very, very lean on successful playoff experience among its players. If he's a guy with leadership qualities he could be a very valuable locker room presence.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Really a good day. Didn't add any big names but relatively speaking didn't give up anything. Vanek should be interesting with Torts. But we needed goal scoring and he helps. Letestu gives us C depth. Cole solidifies the blue line.
Keeping my fingers crossed that we get on a good roll going into he playoffs (as opposed to last year when we peaked early). Some timely goals and hot Bob can advance us in the playoffs potentially.
Yes at this point I think (in my mind) that we'll get in the playoffs. Could be wrong, but I liked what they did last couple of days.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I actually think in the NHL you would much prefer to be playing very well going into the playoffs rather than want the promise of home ice advantage for a series or two while sputtering down the stretch. Fighting for the last few spots in the playoffs sharpens your team for the battle ahead way more than a long winning streak in the middle of the year. Unlike in the NBA, lower seeds win series all the time and even win titles. These moves improve their chance to make the playoffs and, if they make it, make them tougher to beat when they get there. If they start playing bad and miss out, well your playoff lifespan was likely going to be short from any position in the standings if you struggle going in. I think these moves struck the perfect balance at minimal cost.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
All of the Chicken Little's on this board need to apologize to Jarmo. His deadline performance this year was brilliant.
I'm not about to declare absolute victory after one game (even an awesome game like that), but folks can at least recognize that early indications are very very shiny indeed. :D

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
All of the Chicken Little's on this board need to apologize to Jarmo. His deadline performance this year was brilliant.

I'm not even sure I even know how to respond to this. Having said that, JK did his job. Doesn't really rise to the level of brilliance. This isn't making a couple of moves to win a Cup, this was a couple of moves to try and salvage the season.

They addressed needs and added depth. I'm content. I wasn't really looking to do anything with JK and this really doesn't address some of the long term short comings with this team.

Reactions: Cowumbus

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not about to declare absolute victory after one game (even an awesome game like that), but folks can at least recognize that early indications are very very shiny indeed. :D

As I said hopefully this a sign of things to come.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This board is bi-polar. At least with CR and bus they remain consistent (although at opposite ends). Most of the others around here flip flop depending on whether it was a win or loss.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad