Trade deadline II / 2015-2016 Roster Discussion Thread

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
we certainly needed another defenseman. Whether Franson was the best or right choice for that remains to be seen.

But beyond that, we are in a position where our success or failure largely depends on Rinne.

We cant trade for a good enough player or players to overcome Rinne not playing well, and if Rinne is playing well, then we dont need to sell the farm for a lot more talent.

not sure what poile is going to do, but its going to be interesting

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Since I recently purchased a Jones jersey, and I was ecstatic to get him 2 years ago, I'm sure he'll be moved shortly. Because that's how my life tends to operate.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Right, I forgot that the sky was still falling because of the last 5 games. :sarcasm:

The Top 6 is ok. It's the Bottom 6 that concerns me.

If you improve the top 6 the bottom 6 gets better. Going out and making a move for a tweener to hope to improve the bottom 6 does not work out that often.

As to the sky is falling no its not falling I just looked. But the fact of the matter is the team is a little wonkie in areas. Teams shut down the Ribs line and the team is in trouble. As doc pointed out Rinne has covered this up most of the year. Can Rinne return to veznia type play for sure but that does not make up for playoff hockey. This is a different time of year. the regular season success is all well and good but its time to play important games.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
From sportsnetstats on twitter

@SNstats: Most Deadline Day trades by active GMs:

G. Sather 54
D. Poile 31
B. Murray 21
J. Rutherford 21

#NHLTrade

that of course reflects all the years we were sellers as well as buyers, plus the fact that Poile has been a GM for a bazillion years

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Think I would have preferred almost any d-man (ok, ok, Petry or Coburn) that was traded today instead of re-acquiring Fruit Cup, but there were also some ridiculous prices paid.

Trades seem to have completely slowed down now.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I'd be ok if we went into the playoffs with the team we have.

There's no such thing as a perfect playoff roster.

Everyone has issues. Yeah, we have a couple. The Kings have been slumming all year. Chicago has question marks. Minnesota is relying on Devan Dubnyk - how far can they ride that horse? Calgary, Winnepeg, Vancouver don't scare me.

Like another poster said, success in the playoffs usually goes to the hot goalie. We've got a good enough team to beat anyone if we play like we're capable - yeah, we could also flame out in the first round.

Just like everyone else.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
So, who does he get that's not going to mess up what has got this team to where it stands now???

Edmonton has forwards that can be had There are still options in Carolina. Sputtering into the playoffs with only one scoring line and Rinne struggling since returning from knee injury. The regular season record is not going to mean anything, Poile has the chance to improve the team now. Instead of call up Stalberg and Fiala tomorrow and roll the dice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad