Trade deadline II / 2015-2016 Roster Discussion Thread

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
IF San Jose is really throwing in the towel, Thorton or Marleau would be a nice addition.

I just don't see how Poile doesn't try to make one more adjustment.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Let's trade for Tootoo tomorrow and have him join us against New Jersey on Tuesday. No transportation issues at all. But seriously I'd love to bring him back for what we need.

Predatorbill

Feb 20, 2005
Nashville
Just going to propose a straw man. Feel free to shoot holes in it. It will not hurt my feelings.

DP is relatively conservative with managing assets. He does not like to overpay. Many of the contending teams have paid a relatively high price for their acquisitions, and are running out of easily tradeable assets. So far it has been a sellers market. Is DP waiting closer to the trade deadline to make any trades, hoping that the prices may drop?

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
IF San Jose is really throwing in the towel, Thorton or Marleau would be a nice addition.

I just don't see how Poile doesn't try to make one more adjustment.

I am on board with Thornton. i think he would be a nice addition for this run. Depends on the cost. I don't see Poile making any more 'huge' moves though.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The East is making moves, the West is relatively quiet, our turn tomorrow?

I would think so, especially since the east has more sellers, and you'd think they would move players west preferentially, but it's always a little crazy so who knows

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
To be honest, I think Poile is calling about #1 C prospects
Legit #1C prospects? Doubt it. Very few of them to begin with. Most are already in the NHL and are extremely unavailable.

There might be a few "could be" #1 guys, but are just as likely to wind up a #3. This type of prospect would also make zero contribution to a playoff run, so it makes no sense to be pursuing one at the deadline.

My guess would be another top 6/borderline top 6 guy to allow us to further supplement that 3rd line or else a reliable sandpaper guy to go on said line.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised if the Preds grab Chris Stewart.

Forsberg - Ribeiro - Neal
Cullen - Fisher - Smith
Wislon - Santorelli - Stewart
Nystrom/Jarnkrok - Gaustad - Bourque/Beck

Works for me.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Forsberg - Ribeiro -Santorelli
Wilson - Fisher - Neal
Cullen- Smith - Stewart
Nystrom/Jarnkrok - Gaustad - Bourque/Beck :rant: Santo, Wison, Stewart screening the G and the 4th...Whichever 2 W's working hard enough Goose only has to worry about F/O (Hit somebody, hit anybody, hit everybody....HARD!!!!! :naughty: )

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Ericsson from Boston has always been a player I've thought would do well here. Hartnell, I would love to have back. Not sure about the dollars and cents of it.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Stewart, from everything I've read, just isn't good anymore. Surviving off of his name.

I think he lost interest playing on a horrible, terrible, absolutely awful team. I'm sure that could happen to lots of guys, but he's actually been pretty good in 2015. 15 points in 24 games playing with mostly bums.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
He was pretty bad with the Blues too, so I'm not sure I buy the losing interest on a horrible team argument.

He wasn't bad with the Blues, he had stretches of brilliance and a few cold stretches. He's a streaky player, but when he's hot, he's a beast.

2012-13 - 18 Goals, 18 Assists, 36 Points in 48 games
2013-14 - 15 Goals, 11 Assists, 26 Points in 58 games

I think he would give it everything he has post trade. He'll be playing on a good team again and playing for his paycheck next year.

Want no part of Stewart. Soft. We need a guy that can hit and/or score.

I wouldn't call Stewart soft. He's certainly not as physical as you'd like him to be for his size, but he has no problem getting in the crease screening the goalie and mixing things up. He's also been credited with over 80 hits this season, and he's shown he can score.

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I wouldn't mind Stewart at a very low price, but I'm not sure that he's a substantial upgrade. If we could do something like Bourque for him straight up, sure.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I wouldn't mind Stewart at a very low price, but I'm not sure that he's a substantial upgrade. If we could do something like Bourque for him straight up, sure.

Wilson-Santorelli-Stewart is much better than Wilson-Jarnkrok-Santorelli. Jarnkrok gets set up in the slot for a perfect chance about twice every game and he almost never even hits the net, something is off with him, he's an offensive black hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad