Trade deadline II / 2015-2016 Roster Discussion Thread

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i know we may have not needed much, but I feel like teams around us got better today. One more depth defenseman would have really helped. You look at who ended up available, we could have grabbed someone.

Chris Stewart, Leopold, and Bergenheim to the Wild who just beat us.
Bortuzzo & Jokinen - Blues
Vermette, Timonen & Desjardins - Hawks
Myers, Stafford & Stempniak - Jets
Franson & Santorelli - Preds

--idk, i feel like we needed more.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Despres for Lovejoy.

I like this deal for Anaheim. Was wondering when they were going to address their back end. Not exactly the move I thought they were going to move though. Might not make that much of an impact this year, Lovejoy is positionally sound and has lots of experience. Anaheim has a young d core.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Despres for Lovejoy.

I like this deal for Anaheim. Was wondering when they were going to address their back end. Not exactly the move I thought they were going to move though. Might not make that much of an impact this year, Lovejoy is positionally sound and has lots of experience. Anaheim has a young d core.

wow. Lovejoy is a nice piece to have, nothing spectacular, but a good piece to have. I value Despres higher than Lovejoy. Interesting.

Sven Baertschi to the Canucks - watch out, with a change of scenery, this guy could be good.

side note: how does Minnesota have all the cap room for Bergenheim, Stewart, and Leopold?

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
i know we may have not needed much, but I feel like teams around us got better today. One more depth defenseman would have really helped. You look at who ended up available, we could have grabbed someone.

If Timonen plays decently and Kane comes back before or shortly into the playoffs I fear the Blackhawks the most. The Wild also got a lot better today. The Blues and the Jets I am not as worried about because the Jets gave up a lot to get what they got and the Blues didn't add all that much really.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
wow. Lovejoy is a nice piece to have, nothing spectacular, but a good piece to have. I value Despres higher than Lovejoy. Interesting.

Sven Baertschi to the Canucks - watch out, with a change of scenery, this guy could be good.

side note: how does Minnesota have all the cap room for Bergenheim, Stewart, and Leopold?

Buffalo retained half of Stewarts cap hit and salary.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

50 % retained

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

Jets also lost Bogo and Kane, but I generally agree. I'm actually worried about MIN the most I think given how they've played recently.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Preds should have gone after Timonen and one or both of Vermette and Bergenheim.

Franson has been bad and Santorelli isn't much.

Timmonhasnt even played a game yet. But even that can't say preds and flyers would be the best trading partners given webers offer sheet.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville

If Timonen plays decently and Kane comes back before or shortly into the playoffs I fear the Blackhawks the most. The Wild also got a lot better today. The Blues and the Jets I am not as worried about because the Jets gave up a lot to get what they got and the Blues didn't add all that much really.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Well, unless he is a miraculous healer, that isn't happening- from all reports best case scenario is he comes back for the Conference finals.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
well, unless there is a blockbuster that got clocked in at 2:59 ET and the league is waiting to announce it for dramatic effect, all in all a pretty "meh" day

no Phaneuf
no Kessel
no Edmonton forwards
no Thornton/Marleau

meh

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
to announce we didnt do squat?

Im not expecting one...

It will be the standard Poile presser. He tried to make some deals and nothing made sense (IE no one called him) and his deadline was a few weeks ago (team is 3-3-1 and only wins were against non-playoff teams since the trade).

Poile played it predictably safe with getting Franson and Santorelli and he overrated those guys because they played here already. Team didn't really upgrade the roster enough and still have holes for a playoff run (scoring and better players on the bottom lines)

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Poile played it predictably safe with getting Franson and Santorelli and he overrated those guys because they played here already. Team didn't really upgrade the roster enough and still have holes for a playoff run (scoring and better players on the bottom lines)

Dude, they have played 5 games. Your constant negativity is starting to become tiring.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It will be the standard Poile presser. He tried to make some deals and nothing made sense (IE no one called him) and his deadline was a few weeks ago (team is 3-3-1 and only wins were against non-playoff teams since the trade).

I agree, but then the biggest need we'd need for an upgrade to get to the "next level" would be a better top 6 winger than Smith/Wilson or center than Ribs/Fisher. Few of that type of player seemed to be moved, and the cost would have been substantial.

I think Santorelli was a solid acquisition though. Franson...meh...

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014

Franson was one of the most desirable d-men traded, and Poile got him. The fact that he has looked shaky so far doesn't take away from the fact the he was one of the bigger names traded. Santorelli has looked great, and was a much needed upgrade to the third line. Outside of the Islanders game, the team not playing well since the trade has more to do with Pekka not playing well than the new guys.

There wasn't much available today that would have upgraded any spots on our current roster that would have been worth paying the asking price.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00