Trade deadline II / 2015-2016 Roster Discussion Thread

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
It's a shame the Kings won those 8 games in a row... (before losing these 3) because a guy like Justin Williams would have been a PERFECT target for Poile. Great on the ice, great in the locker room, and the most clutch playoff performer you could ask for... and he's Lavy approved ;)

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Tampa trades Connolly to Boston for 2 seconds, then gets Coburn for 1st+3rd+Gudas. Prices are crazy right now. At this point, I don't think I want Poile jumping in and overpaying for a rental.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
This is the year to be a seller, that's for sure. Some of the prices on these guys are out of control.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Our trade is looking better and better. I just hope Poile doesn't do something stupid a la Gaustad.

Don't see it, mainly because we already burnt this years first. I don't see him willing to not have one for two seasons in a row.

My guess is he is just seeing what people are asking, maybe making an offer or two to teams for last minute before the clock strikes kind of deals. Kind of one of those, this is all we are gonna get so lets take it kind of scenarios.

I don't really see anything big coming.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
With what teams are giving up for defenseman I wonder what we could get for Bartley? Or Ellis for that matter

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Franson to the Leafs for Phaneuf at fifty percent retained salary? Lol.

Josi - Weber
Phaneuf - Ellis
Ekholm - Jones

(I'm kidding, obviously.)

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
he's gotta be working dilligently on Kessel.

no way he misses out again

Price is gonna be steep, though. Ellis/Jones + roster forward + prospect + 2016 1st. If they're even talking I'd bet Toronto is holding out for Jones and Poile is holding out for them to take Ellis.

It could be worth it if he can flip someone after the season to get a 1st back at the draft, though.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Someone is going to get an offensive piece from the Oil today. they moved there best defenseman this morning.

Would like to see Poile to offer up Franson, Ellis, Hellberg, Stalberg for Eberle and a pick. Turn around trade that pick and our 2nd for another defenseman.

I understand some will say its overpayment but to rid the team of Stalbergs contract it will cost Hellberg and Eberle slides in to top 6 allows more flexability for the 3rd. If Poile then wants to add a bottom pair defenseman it would not be too expensive.

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Someone is going to get an offensive piece from the Oil today. they moved there best defenseman this morning.

Would like to see Poile to offer up Franson, Ellis, Hellberg, Stalberg for Eberle and a pick. Turn around trade that pick and our 2nd for another defenseman.

I understand some will say its overpayment but to rid the team of Stalbergs contract it will cost Hellberg and Eberle slides in to top 6 allows more flexability for the 3rd. If Poile then wants to add a bottom pair defenseman it would not be too expensive.

Hell to the no. That's a move you make in the offseason, not right before the playoffs. And even then, that's too much for Eberle.

Predatorbill

Feb 20, 2005
Nashville
It's a shame the Kings won those 8 games in a row... (before losing these 3) because a guy like Justin Williams would have been a PERFECT target for Poile. Great on the ice, great in the locker room, and the most clutch playoff performer you could ask for... and he's Lavy approved ;)

Main board says he may be in play.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Hell to the no. That's a move you make in the offseason, not right before the playoffs. And even then, that's too much for Eberle.

If he does not bring someone in to bolster the top 6 this will be a one and done playoff anyway so whats the difference.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
If Eberle, Hall, or Kessel is available, you have to look at acquiring one of them. This is a long term and short term investment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad