Tom Wilson Has Arrived At Last

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Wow.

Just wow.

Matt Martin tried to go full Bertuzzi on one of the Penguins (Max Talbot i think?) few years back.

Few years back? Just under 7 years ago = a few years? OK. Also he didn't throw a punch as a poster has a video in this thread of him holding back.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
At the end of the day I'm not sure how they are going to be able to afford him as a 1st liner. Kuz, Ovi, Backstrom, Carlson, and now Wilson. Not much money after Wilson get his 5x5.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Tom Wilson leads the League in getting people to post about Tom Wilson who don't care about Tom Wilson.

And also non-Islander related posts by Islander fans. I'm loving Tom Wilson more with every post in this thread.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Chill Sparky. You gave a huge set up and I took it.

It's just a goofy sports board.

:laugh:

I know it’s a goofy sports board junior. The joke about Boulton actually having a hat trick went mach one over your head. Feel free to continue this serious debate on the outstanding merits of Tom Wilson/Matt Martin/Eric Boulton.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
105pts 551gp 833PIM
79pts 654gp 1421PIM
84pts 342gp 697PIM

It's amazing how much hate Tom Wilson has generated in so few games. Oh also, the obligatory, one of these things is not like the others.

Also for whomever pointed out Boulton's hat-trick, that single game accounted for roughly 10% of Boulton's CAREER goals and nearly 5% of his CAREER points. For a guy with 654 games in the NHL all three of those totals have to be nearly unprecedented. A truly special player indeed, Islander fans...he looks good on you.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
:laugh:

I know it’s a goofy sports board junior. The joke about Boulton actually having a hat trick went mach one over your head. Feel free to continue this serious debate on the outstanding merits of Tom Wilson/Matt Martin/Eric Boulton.
Surrrrre kid. Keep trying to slip and slide. See #310 above. He missed your "joke" too :D

Btw the entire thread was started by a Caps fan knowing all the irrational hate Tom gets from the butt hurt. Did that go over your head?
However you're not clueless, at least you know that Wilson > Martin > Boulton :snide:

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
This tough guy 3rd manned in on Marchand from behind. Heroic.
PB Fan,
I don't know about you but a short post with the words "Marchand" and "Heroic" in it goes against the laws of the universe - or should.

Anyway Wilson was taking up for a teammate after receiving a typical dirty play from Brad "the rat" Marchand :D

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Lol, Caps fans getting their panties on a bunch when they don't understand a joke.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This tough guy 3rd manned in on Marchand from behind. Heroic.

Stop being so dramatic. Marchand with his typical unnecessary bullshit with a crosscheck to the back to the Orlov then a two handed chop and Wilson came in to break it up. No punches thrown, no crosscheck, no hard takedown.

Here's the video for all to see Wilson's terrible infraction here as told by PBF. Total goon move by Wilson to 3rd man in here and try to protect his teammate.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Stop being so dramatic. Marchand with his typical unnecessary bull**** with a crosscheck to the back to the Orlov then a two handed chop and Wilson came in to break it up. No punches thrown, no crosscheck, no hard takedown.

Here's the video for all to see Wilson's terrible infraction here as told by PBF. Total goon move by Wilson to 3rd man in here and try to protect his teammate.

oh yea. I see it. Wilson is dirty. Totally destroyed Marchand who was just minding his own business. Orlov doesn't fight. "Marchand is going to go with Orlov" was not going to happen. Wilson watches out for his teammates. I think most hockey fans like that in a player.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

tenor.gif

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Nah, he was more sheepish than sarcastically nodding. . .
Not fighting Chara is smart. Cross-checking Orlov, from behind, in the kidneys, after the whistle, is.....something else. Not many Bruins were quick to come to Marchand's aide that should tell you all you need to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad