Tom Wilson Has Arrived At Last

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Is IT though. At 23 Wilson has one more goal than Lee in 250 more games :laugh:

Breaking into the league earlier does not equal better career trajectory

Edit: was just looking at Lee’s rookie season. Actually had 10 goals before playing a full year. So make I.T 9 less goals in 250 more games yet somehow a better career trajectory... interesting

You're not even following your own narrative any longer.

Good day sir.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
You're not even following your own narrative any longer.

Good day sir.

My narrative is that Lee is much better than Wilson which some would call a fact. You just have nothing to say.

To simplify at 23:
Lee: 100 GP, 35 goals 57 pts
Wilson: 342 GP 26 goals 84 pts

Clearly different tiers of players
Elaborate on this better career trajectory thing

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No Skill Willy with a nice pass and an assist tonight to start the comeback. Also has a fight. And if not for a last ditch effort by Gibson to get his stick on Wilson's stick, he'd have a goal, too. Still time left.

So not really coming back to Earth yet. Sorry. ;)

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
He scored one less goal than Wilson has in his career in his rookie season (without Tavares) which was 3 and a half years ago. Development isn’t linear, Wilson is multiple tiers below Lee... get over it

Lol it's cute how desperate all of the Isles fanbase is for Wilson to bust as if that's somehow going to ease the pain half their roster getting destroyed by him over the years.

You're right, development isn't linear. Wilson went from being an enforcer last year to clocking almost 20 minutes a night on the Caps top line, comfortably on his way to becoming the next Lucic. No one without a hateboner for him would trade him for a 27 year old Anders Lee at this point unless the latter comes with a complimentary John Tavares.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Lol it's cute how desperate all of the Isles fanbase is for Wilson to bust as if that's somehow going to ease the pain half their roster getting destroyed by him over the years.

You're right, development isn't linear. Wilson went from being an enforcer last year to clocking almost 20 minutes a night on the Caps top line, comfortably on his way to becoming the next Lucic. No one without a hateboner for him would trade him for a 27 year old Anders Lee at this point unless the latter comes with a complimentary John Tavares.

Lee potted his 20th goal of the season tonight and you wouldn’t trade Wilson for him.... ok we’re done here. If you truly think Wilson is more valuable than a player who may pot 40 this year, you may be the biggest homer on hf. Do me a favor and make a poll. Itl speak for itself

I don’t like Wilson as I think he’s a pos yes but I could care less If he busts. Saying he’s even close to as valuable as Lee let alone more valuable according to you is just shows you have not the slightest clue of what you’re talking about

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My narrative is that Lee is much better than Wilson which some would call a fact. You just have nothing to say.

To simplify at 23:
Lee: 100 GP, 35 goals 57 pts
Wilson: 342 GP 26 goals 84 pts

Clearly different tiers of players
Elaborate on this better career trajectory thing

To be fair many "Power forwards" don't start hitting there peak till after 25 so it's a bit unfair comparing stats of a 20 year old Wilson to a 26 year old Lee. I am not saying Wilson will become another Anders Lee but it's not out of the realm of possibilities Wilson starts cracking a few 30+ goal seasons

I am not saying Wilson will be anywhere close to Todd Bertuzzi but Bertuzzi wallowed in mediocrity till 25

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Lee potted his 20th goal of the season tonight and you wouldn’t trade Wilson for him.... ok we’re done here. If you truly think Wilson is more valuable than a player who may pot 40 this year, you may be the biggest homer on hf. Do me a favor and make a poll. Itl speak for itself

I don’t like Wilson as I think he’s a pos yes but I could care less If he busts. Saying he’s even close to as valuable as Lee let alone more valuable according to you is just shows you have not the slightest clue of what you’re talking about

Yeah the hf polls, like that Pavel Datsyuk/Scott Gomez one from back in 2007. Truly the end all be all of player evaluation.

Lee is ahead of Wilson offensively (and playing with Tavares doesn't hurt) but if Wilson doesn't surpass that level by the time he's Lee's age with what he's shown thus far I'd be pretty disappointed.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Yeah the hf polls, like that Pavel Datsyuk/Scott Gomez one from back in 2007. Truly the end all be all of player evaluation.

Lee is ahead of Wilson offensively (and playing with Tavares doesn't hurt) but if Wilson doesn't surpass that level by the time he's Lee's age with what he's shown thus far I'd be pretty disappointed.

Well you’re setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect him to be a 30-40 goal scorer. I think his ceiling is closer to 20-25. You also clearly don’t watch Lee. Playing with Tavares helps but he’s got some of the best hands in front of the net out there. I guess it’s more you underrating anders than overrating Wilson

They still aren’t and probably won’t be close ever

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
To be fair many "Power forwards" don't start hitting there peak till after 25 so it's a bit unfair comparing stats of a 20 year old Wilson to a 26 year old Lee. I am not saying Wilson will become another Anders Lee but it's not out of the realm of possibilities Wilson starts cracking a few 30+ goal seasons

I am not saying Wilson will be anywhere close to Todd Bertuzzi but Bertuzzi wallowed in mediocrity till 25

It’s definitely possible but id still say they’re not even close in value currentltv

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Again about goals and assists. How about a narrative that suggests Wilson is a guy that I don't really like to play against. I'd rather have the flu when my team goes to Washington.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Again about goals and assists. How about a narrative that suggests Wilson is a guy that I don't really like to play against. I'd rather have the flu when my team goes to Washington.

doubt any players are scared to play against Wilson. They'll be aware when he's on the ice but i don't think anyone's going "gee i hope i get the flu so i don't have to play against wilson..". He's nothing more than a 3rd liner on his best year.. The fact that the Caps protected him over Schmidt is hilarious.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
doubt any players are scared to play against Wilson. They'll be aware when he's on the ice but i don't think anyone's going "gee i hope i get the flu so i don't have to play against wilson..". He's nothing more than a 3rd liner on his best year.. The fact that the Caps protected him over Schmidt is hilarious.

the fact that you dont know how the expansion draft protection rules work is hilarious

a 4-4 with niskanen, carlson, orlov and schmidt would result in ovechkin-kuznetsov-backstrom-johansson

burakovsky would be gone, eller could have been gone. its really easy to understand. they didnt protect wilson, they protected eller and burakovsky

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010

The point is he makes Washington a harder team to play than they would otherwise be. You don't think that intimidation plays a part in professional sports. Come playoff time in a seven-game series you would rather play some passive 30 goal scorer my friend.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
the fact that you dont know how the expansion draft protection rules work is hilarious

a 4-4 with niskanen, carlson, orlov and schmidt would result in ovechkin-kuznetsov-backstrom-johansson

burakovsky would be gone, eller could have been gone. its really easy to understand. they didnt protect wilson, they protected eller and burakovsky

Ya no shit it was 4-4, that was my point, they protected garbage like Wilson and other average 3rd liners, any of those are less of a loss over a young speedy Top 4 D-man. Funniest part is, Washington still ended up getting rid Johansson after wasting a proctection spot on him LOL. Classic Leonsis run organization. Incompetence from top to bottom.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What's your point? Its obviously a joke thread. He's what he is. 30-ish pts 3-4th liner at best with a role on a PK and getting thrown up and down the lineup his whole life.
You forgot to add delivering dangerous hits and getting suspended.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Thread (from 2017) bumped by a pens fan.
Can't sleep at nights without talking bad things about Capitals?

I posted in this thread at like noon, so no trouble sleeping. I do enjoy watching Tom Wilson’s production(or lack thereof) though!

“A thread from 2017” sounds a lot better than a thread from last month I’ll give you that.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
No Skill Willy with a nice pass and an assist tonight to start the comeback. Also has a fight. And if not for a last ditch effort by Gibson to get his stick on Wilson's stick, he'd have a goal, too. Still time left.

So not really coming back to Earth yet. Sorry. ;)
Has he come back to Earth yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad