Tom Wilson Has Arrived At Last

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Can't believe this thread. In a league where Zac Rinaldo is still active, Wilson is nowhere close to being the dirtiest player in the league. Yes, he has crossed the line on numerous occasions during his career, but it's not like Rinaldo whose sole purpose is to cheap shot other players.

Wilson is more focused on actually playing hockey, and he's not doing bad at all this year. He's picking his spots better and he lets up more when the opposing player is in a vulnerable position.

He isn't a rat like Marchand or Tkachuk either, he drops the gloves with anyone but the true goons like Reaves or Boulton.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Keep reading the thread. Part of the data was posted.

I frankly don't care what you believe. I know the facts. The poster I was talking too went away, so I assume he/she looked them up so he/she stopped arguing. I recommend you do the same.

Last Year: Tom had terrific possession numbers, was integral part of their 7th best PK unit last year, and drew far more penalities than he took (majors and minors). This was to refute the statement that he was a bad hockey player

Corsica Hockey will show you all you need to know. Have fun.

so on corsica:

2wBmd1f.png

barely above a 50% corsi on the president trophy winning team and being a -1.8 corsi rel isn't exactly terrific possession numbers. he also took 6 more penalties than he drew.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
He sure sucked tonight... lol’d when he got all chirpy after rocking himself trying to hit Scott Mayfield from behind. Still a 3rd/4th liner and always will be

Reactions: PWJunior

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Given that there's no mainboard thread on any Wilson hit he probably lightly bumped into somebody causing isles fans to relapse into Wilson PTSD

Just so we’re clear there’s something wrong with isles fans thinking a player is a dirty shit after this hit :laugh:. He’s a scumbag

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I can't participate in these threads anymore. I came on to hockey when Scott Stevens and Vladimir Konstantinov were gems of the league. They make guys like Tom Wilson just look like hipsters.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Can't believe this thread. In a league where Zac Rinaldo is still active, Wilson is nowhere close to being the dirtiest player in the league. Yes, he has crossed the line on numerous occasions during his career, but it's not like Rinaldo whose sole purpose is to cheap shot other players.

Wilson is more focused on actually playing hockey, and he's not doing bad at all this year. He's picking his spots better and he lets up more when the opposing player is in a vulnerable position.

He isn't a rat like Marchand or Tkachuk either, he drops the gloves with anyone but the true goons like Reaves or Boulton.
Wilson has a way of hitting people hard, charge at them and its always on the edge or over it so they get injured or atleast very shaken up from it. From an outside perspective, it looks like he is trying to hurt/injure/cause as much pain as possible which is what really annoys me about him. Its all good to hit hard to slow down other players, tired them out, make them a little shaken up etc. But Wilson has a way of doing it that just looks dirty and as i said earlier, it looks like he is trying to really hurt the opponent which is sad imo. He probably isnt trying to hurt them but he should calm down a little, he would probably be more effective if he did that aswell because he has a good amount of skill and his skating has looked very good this season. He is a big guy, doesnt have to make very hard questionable hits all the time. Slow down a little and most of them would be fine.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I can't participate in these threads anymore. I came on to hockey when Scott Stevens and Vladimir Konstantinov were gems of the league. They make guys like Tom Wilson just look like hipsters.
Half of this board would have aneurysms if they were old enough to watch hockey when Denis Gauthier, Bryan Marchment, and Dairius Kasparaitis played. Guys like Gudas and Wilson cross the line; those guys previously mentioned actually tried to maim their opponents.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wilson has a way of hitting people hard, charge at them and its always on the edge or over it so they get injured or atleast very shaken up from it. From an outside perspective, it looks like he is trying to hurt/injure/cause as much pain as possible which is what really annoys me about him. Its all good to hit hard to slow down other players, tired them out, make them a little shaken up etc. But Wilson has a way of doing it that just looks dirty and as i said earlier, it looks like he is trying to really hurt the opponent which is sad imo. He probably isnt trying to hurt them but he should calm down a little, he would probably be more effective if he did that aswell because he has a good amount of skill and his skating has looked very good this season. He is a big guy, doesnt have to make very hard questionable hits all the time. Slow down a little and most of them would be fine.

He only knows one skating speed and it's full speed. A lot of guys hit to hurt. I can name a few off the top of my head: Gudas, Kronwall, Orpik, Martin, Weber...

Part of hitting is also to hurt the opponent. Obviously you should let up if the guy is in a vulnerable position but if the guy sees you coming, there's no reason for you not to light him up.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Not my fault you don't know what you are talking about. It would be akin to me saying that the Devils play boring trap prone hockey. Would you consider that to be a true comment? Maybe it was...but still so this year?

But YES...we can move along.
Tom Wilson is a dirty hockey player. Tom Wilson has not been a good hockey player in his career until this 30 game stretch. Those were the statements i made. There’s literally nothing you have to counter those statements. Nothing. They’re very simple comments with basic truths behind them. It’s sweet how you’re all gung-ho about defending him and whatnot but what leg do you have to stand on exactly?

Beau Bennett is a corsi monster, he’s had stellar possession numbers his entire career. But he’s a pretty useless hockey player as nothing he ever does ends up in the back of the net. Wow, sounds sorta like...Tom Wilson! Never saw anyone singing Bennett’s praises though.

I’m certainly going to enjoy the twister moves you’ll go through to attempt to prove how great he is though. Now run along, chief.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
He only knows one skating speed and it's full speed. A lot of guys hit to hurt. I can name a few off the top of my head: Gudas, Kronwall, Orpik, Martin, Weber...

Part of hitting is also to hurt the opponent. Obviously you should let up if the guy is in a vulnerable position but if the guy sees you coming, there's no reason for you not to light him up.
Matt martin? He is very aware and often lets up when his target gets in a vulnerable position. Total bs to accuse him. One of the most sportsmanlike guys out there.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

Wilson is dirty not because of intent, but because he's stupid. He throws reckless hits with no regard for the other players safety. Pens had the same thing with James Neal, just a stupid player who didn't use his brain to figure out how vulnerable the other player was.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wilson is dirty not because of intent, but because he's stupid. He throws reckless hits with no regard for the other players safety. Pens had the same thing with James Neal, just a stupid player who didn't use his brain to figure out how vulnerable the other player was.

I never said Wilson isn't a dirty player, I'm just saying he isn't the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00