Tom Wilson Has Arrived At Last

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Not fighting Chara is smart. Cross-checking Orlov, from behind, in the kidneys, after the whistle, is.....something else. Not many Bruins were quick to come to Marchand's aide that should tell you all you need to know.

here, try this before you watch the clip.

upload_2017-12-15_16-47-19.png

and pay attention for Orlov cross checking Marchand up high after Orlov had tripped him (goes a bit off screen, I wouldn't expect you to pick up on that even if it were center screen though)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
since this is about Wilson. Orlov was not going to fight. didn't drop his gloves. Wilson stopped it before it got started. I suppose if you worked really hard you could make a case for 3rd man in were the refs to consider that a fight. But dirty with intent to injury or cowardly?

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Not fighting Chara is smart. Cross-checking Orlov, from behind, in the kidneys, after the whistle, is.....something else. Not many Bruins were quick to come to Marchand's aide that should tell you all you need to know.
You obviously didn’t watch, every Bruin on the ice was there as soon as spot picker Wilson jumped in. Then Wilson laid on the ice until the stripes assured him he was out of Charas reach.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
well yeah because it's stupid to validate Boulton being on NHL ice. I'm sure Isles have some actual hockey players they could send after him.

Him and Lee dropped the gloves a few times in the past but then ya know... Lee became a good hockey player while Wilson continued to be a nobody

Reactions: MattBarzal

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Him and Lee dropped the gloves a few times in the past but then ya know... Lee became a good hockey player while Wilson continued to be a nobody

Yeah, top line RW for a Washington team ahead of the Isles in the standings and Pennywise for the Islanders fanbase... total nobody.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
He also elapsed Wilson’s career total in goals just last season... what’s your point?

Wilson is way ahead of Lee at the same point in their careers, it's more likely than not that he'll be better than Lee is now when he's Lee's current age 4 years from now. Especially since Lee looks like another Moulson/Parenteau/Bailey/Strome/Okposo/endless line of pedestrian wingers boosted by being slotted next to JT.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Wilson is way ahead of Lee at the same point in their careers, it's more likely than not that he'll be better than Lee is now when he's Lee's current age 4 years from now. Especially since Lee looks like another Moulson/Parenteau/Bailey/Strome/Okposo/endless line of pedestrian wingers boosted by being slotted next to JT.

Hahahahahahahahah so you think Tom Wilson will finish top 10 in the nhl in goals. Congrats man you played yourself. Not gonna go further into explaining how Lee is a good player as your post doesn’t warrant anything but laughter.

You heard it here first folks, tom Wilson, top 10 goal scorer in the next 4 years :laugh:

You kind of lose all credibility when you compare those two players... sorry

Last edited:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Hahahahahahahahah so you think Tom Wilson will finish top 10 in the nhl in goals. Congrats man you played yourself. Not gonna go further into explaining how Lee is a good player as your post doesn’t warrant anything but laughter.

You heard it here first folks, tom Wilson, top 10 goal scorer in the next 4 years :laugh:

You kind of lose all credibility when you compare those two players... sorry

You plop him next to Tavares he'll have better numbers than half the zeroes turned heroes the Isles wasted Tavares's prime with.

Again, where was Lee 4-5 years ago? Wilson was a top 6 winger and already scalped a hockey franchise by that age.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
You plop him next to Tavares he'll have better numbers than half the zeroes turned heroes the Isles wasted Tavares's prime with.

Again, where was Lee 4-5 years ago? Wilson was a top 6 winger and already scalped a hockey franchise by that age.
First round pick versus a sixth rounder. Lee benefits from Tavares, but his scoring goes up when JT is injured. Wilson has 84 points after 342 games, Lee has 178 points in 293 games. If he got 10 goals playing with Tavares, it would be his career high!

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

He scored one less goal than Wilson has in his career in his rookie season (without Tavares) which was 3 and a half years ago. Development isn’t linear, Wilson is multiple tiers below Lee... get over it

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
He scored one less goal than Wilson has in his career in his rookie season (without Tavares) which was 3 and a half years ago. Development isn’t linear, Wilson is multiple tiers below Lee... get over it
Yet somehow within those three years Wilson managed to have a much bigger impact on a playoff series featuring both players.....get over it.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Yet somehow within those three years Wilson managed to have a much bigger impact on a playoff series featuring both players.....get over it.

Glad to see you haven’t realized how stupid comparing a top 10 goal scorer to a goon is yet. Again, not going to defend Lee here, I don’t need to. This is one of the more ridiculous arguments I’ve seen on HF

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Glad to see you haven’t realized how stupid comparing a top 10 goal scorer to a goon is yet. Again, not going to defend Lee here, I don’t need to. This is one of the more ridiculous arguments I’ve seen on HF

So to be clear, you bring Lee into the discussion and then criticize for comparing the two?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
You directly compared them.

I stated they used to fight, one became a good player and one didn’t and won’t... then the poster I replied to stated Tom Wilson will be better than Lee which is asinine. Hope that helps clear things up for you bud

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
I stated they used to fight, one became a good player and one didn’t and won’t... then the poster I replied to stated Tom Wilson will be better than Lee which is asinine. Hope that helps clear things up for you bud

Crystal Clear.

Next time you want to compare something that cant yet be quantified, and get called out on it, don't backtrack.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Crystal Clear.

Next time you want to compare something that cant yet be quantified, and get called out on it, don't backtrack.

Still going for IT I see... in what way can this not be quantified? Lee has scored 34 goals and Wilson has never had 10........ Just to end this now, do you think Tom Wilson has the potential to finish top 10 in goals? If the answer is yes... lol @ you. If the answer is no, then I’m not sure what you’re whining about

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Still going for IT I see... in what way can this not be quantified? Just to end this now, do you think Tom Wilson has the potential to finish top 10 in goals? If the answer is yes... lol @ you. If the answer is no, then I’m not sure what you’re whining about
Time will tell. Wilson's career trajectory is clearly better than Lee's was at 23. That is the only thing quantifiable at this point. That is why it's ponderous that you brought up the comparison to begin with

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Time will tell. Wilson's career trajectory is clearly better than Lee's was at 23. That is the only thing quantifiable at this point. That is why it's ponderous that you brought up the comparison to begin with
Is IT though. At 23 Wilson has one more goal than Lee in 250 more games :laugh:

Breaking into the league earlier does not equal better career trajectory

Edit: was just looking at Lee’s rookie season. Actually had 10 goals before playing a full year. So make I.T 9 less goals in 250 more games yet somehow a better career trajectory... interesting

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad