Post-Game Talk: This Is Not The Day I Die - Jets 4 Blues 0

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Morrissey is an absolute stud. Also I will never be able to figure out how Laine beat Allen with that wrister considering there was NO SCREEN AND HE WAS SET TO IT WITH ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO PREPARE FOR IT. That is all goodnight
Did I tell you Morrissey is my favorite player on this team?! He is a coaches dream, I gotta dig up a post from this summer where I beamed about him but I should also say I would clone dmen after him.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Beautiful game. I listened to the entire match on 1290, on the road... very good play by the third line. Laine continues his good play from yesterday, kids heating up. Helle doing it. 46 shots on for our side, not bad at all.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
On a side note we used to complain when the beer went up to 3 dollars and 25 cents.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Players post-game audio: Wheeler, Morrissey & Hellebuyck. (Also Thorburn).

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: Putting together a similar effort but getting a better result. First goal a good example. Thoughts on the play of third line. First line rewarded for effort. The frustration of last night potentially bleeding into today's game. Play of Josh Morrissey. How difficult is it for an offensive player to go against instinct? Did he feel that Hellebuyck had a "chip" on his shoulder coming into the game? What has he learned about his team in the context of the division in the last three games? Home record and what they've done inside Bell MTS Place.

To listen click here.

Reactions: ps241

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Said it in game thread, Connor had his best two games last night and tonight.

Helly on his A game hell yeah

Was Jose Canseco injecting an unknown substance into Laine's buttocks pre game? He hadn't looked like that in a while.

We just dummied a top 5 team in the league over two games. And with the reffing not cutting us any slack.

Nashville is a better team and seems to have our number so that will be tough. But coming off a game like this will help.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts...

CSW - They were dominant most of the night. Scheifele and Wheeler fumbled the puck here and there, but they chewed up the Blues' D. Connor was very good again. He's a dandy. Once he gets a bit more confidence and strength he's going to be hard to stop.

ELL - Laine was outstanding. One of his better games of the season. Could have had two or three more goals. Ehlers was a bit erratic, but he really is an electric skater. Little was strong defensively, and made some nice plays. Still, this line often feels like a work in progress.

CLT - Another huge game for them. They shut down the Tarasenko line a fair bit and generated good chances. Lowry and Copp are getting better and better, and work well with Tanev. Their opening goal was key and got the Jets rolling. Lowry and Copp made really nice plays to set up Scheifele's goal. These are players that will be important in tough playoff series.

PHA - Good game by all three. Armia had a particularly strong game. Perreault was really effective.

44-8 Just, WOW! They were outstanding. Shut down the Blues and moved the puck well. Morrissey is turning into a legitimate stud. Comparisons to Keith aren't far-fetched. He's a gem. Trouba continues to get stronger after a sluggish start to the season.

5-57 I thought Myers struggled with puck movement and decision making early, but settled down. Kulikov continued his strong play.

7-3 Just a steady game with few mistakes. They are big and can skate, so they can be tough to beat when they are sharp.

Hellebuyck had a nice, clean game. Was very good at rebound control.

Fun stats...

Two games vs. Blues.

CF.... Jets 126, Blues 72

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Try 4-6. I forgot about my dark horse prospect, he played so well but I can't tell you Im surprised, this kid will be exciting to watch for years to come.

When Trouba was in the box Mo/Huddy even gave him a 4 on 4 shift with Morrissey.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Quick thoughts...

CSW - They were dominant most of the night. Scheifele and Wheeler fumbled the puck here and there, but they chewed up the Blues' D. Connor was very good again. He's a dandy. Once he gets a bit more confidence and strength he's going to be hard to stop.

ELL - Laine was outstanding. One of his better games of the season. Could have had two or three more goals. Ehlers was a bit erratic, but he really is an electric skater. Little was strong defensively, and made some nice plays. Still, this line often feels like a work in progress.

CLT - Another huge game for them. They shut down the Tarasenko line a fair bit and generated good chances. Lowry and Copp are getting better and better, and work well with Tanev. Their opening goal was key and got the Jets rolling. Lowry and Copp made really nice plays to set up Scheifele's goal. These are players that will be important in tough playoff series.

PHA - Good game by all three. Armia had a particularly strong game. Perreault was really effective.

44-8 Just, WOW! They were outstanding. Shut down the Blues and moved the puck well. Morrissey is turning into a legitimate stud. Comparisons to Keith aren't far-fetched. He's a gem. Trouba continues to get stronger after a sluggish start to the season.

5-57 I thought Myers struggled with puck movement and decision making early, but settled down. Kulikov continued his strong play.

7-3 Just a steady game with few mistakes. They are big and can skate, so they can be tough to beat when they are sharp.

Fun stats...

Two games vs. Blues.

You called this performance after last night, well done!
Helly was a stud in the first, glad Mason is back so we can get both these guys going moving forward, too bad Mason got hurt for that stretch cause if he doesn't I think we win more of those games. Having goal tending like this the rest of the year will get us in the playoffs no doubt, I love where this team is heading.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Quick thoughts...

Fun stats...

Two games vs. Blues.

Nice breakdown confirms what I saw! You were really high on Conner last year, I never saw it.....now I do, loving his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad